Phone Number: Can I port my phone number to my FreedomPop phone?

TaylorTaylor Posts: 2,719FreedomPop Admin, FreedomPop Team, FreedomPop Master
Currently you aren't able to port your number, although we are working to try to make this possible for our BYOD users.

Comments

• bobdolebobdole Posts: 13FreedomPop Newbie
    What about porting out FreedomPop number is that supported?

That would be very important as well. Since if number can eventually be ported in , at some point some people may want to port out. We would want to know if the number can be ported out. Otherwise a person number could be lost!
  • spence blackspence black Posts: 11FreedomPop Newbie
    You can port your number to google voice for $20. Then just use your original phone number and have calls forwarded to freedompop phone. Costs a little money but might be worth it to keep you phone number.
  • Melanie GraigerMelanie Graiger Posts: 0FreedomPop Newbie
    We had to change carriers due to issues with my daughter's phone and service (the charging port came completely loose in her Evo 4G, which is an issue that all HTC phones have. I had 2 Droid Incredible 2s that had the same thing happen. The second was a replacement for the first!) She was also having A LOT of problems sending and receiving texts and calls, which is the main reason for the service. Since it was so unreliable, as least in our area, we had to change. We were able to port her number to the new carrier, but now, I don't know what is going to happen to this account. I don't want to deactivate it because I hope to come back once things are more reliable and more BYOD phones are available. Currently, I merely changed the account to the free account, but don't know how that will affected by the number being ported over.
  • Luke BereckLuke Bereck Posts: 308FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Pro

We had to change carriers due to issues with my daughter's phone and service (the charging port came completely loose in her Evo 4G, which is an issue that all HTC phones have. I had 2 Droid Incredible 2s that had the same thing happen. The second was a replacement for the first!) She was also having A LOT of problems sending and receiving texts and calls, which is the main reason for the service. Since it was so unreliable, as least in our area, we had to change. We were able to port her number to the new carrier, but now, I don't know what is going to happen to this account. I don't want to deactivate it because I hope to come back once things are more reliable and more BYOD phones are available. Currently, I merely changed the account to the free account, but don't know how that will affected by the number being ported over.

That is an issue with coverage in your area. Hopefully, Freedom Pop's coverage will get expanded in the near future. As for the charging port problem, if she got the phone from Freedom Pop, she can always request a replacement if it is inside the 90 day warranty period.
  • DennisNguyen SleeveDennisNguyen Sleeve Posts: 0FreedomPop Newbie
    @Melanie Graiger: As I understand, if you want to keep your decent phone number, you should port your number to Google voice . This decent phone number will belong to you until you agreed to get rid of it . From now on, you shouldn't care about the phone companies, about any new phone numbers; all you need to do is setup your decent phone number forwards to new phone number. Now any phone called to your decent phone number will ring at the new phone.
    My 2 cents.
This discussion has been closed.