Freedompop's Supported BYOD List/Sprint & Apple Devices (Dated 7/17/2015) — FreedomPop Community

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Freedompop's Supported BYOD List/Sprint & Apple Devices (Dated 7/17/2015)

njfulwider5njfulwider5 Posts: 9,286FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, Test Role, FreedomPop Pro, FreedomFan, Android Master ✭✭✭✭✭
edited July 2015 in BYOD #1
BYOD Supports ONLY Sprint Devices below

check you MEID/ESN to make sure its clear and ready --->>> (here)

Check your IOS device, to make sure its not reported stolen ---->>>>(here)

Cost of BYOD is 19.99$ on a valid Credit/Debt Card...

BYOD Supported Phones:

Samsung Galaxy S II (Samsung Epic 4G Touch is the Sprint name)
Samsung Galaxy S III
Samsung Galaxy S4
Samsung Galaxy S5, 5s
Samsung Victory
Samsung Epic 4G
Samsung Nexus S
LG Viper
Motorola Photon 4G
HTC Evo Design
HTC Evo 3D
HTC Evo 4G^----Wimax and LTE versions
HTC Evo Shift*
*Please be advised: We are currently experiencing issues with BYOD activation of the HTC Evo Shift, activation may not be successful at this time.*

HTC EVO 4G------------(Sorry Guys Wimax only till further Notice)

IPHONES-4, 4S,5 (5S and 5C are currently experiencing issues when attempting to activate)

Tablet BYOD list:

IPAD-(all the way up through iPad Air 2)
Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1
Samsung Galaxy Tab 3.0

NEW BYOD List Dated (7/17/2015)

LG Tribute
LG Optimus S
Kyocera Hydro
Motorola Moto G
LG Realm
Samsung Nexus S 4G
LG Volt* (currently experiencing activation issues)
Samsung Galaxy Discover
Kyocera Event
Samsung Galaxy Prevail
LG Optimus V
HTC One M7
Samsung Galaxy Mega
LG Nexus 5
Samsung Galaxy Rush
LG G2
HTC Desire 510
Samsung Moment
HTC One V
Kyocera Rise
Samsung Galaxy S5, 5s

Sim cards needed to activate devices are-(Gave to me by admins/support 3/23/15)
IOS Devices:

iPhone 5 -->> SIMGLW406R -->SKU: CZ2104LWR
iPhone 5s -->> SIMGLW416C also interchangeable with 5c --->>>SKU: CZ2104LWC
iPhone 5c -->> SIMGLW406C also interchangeable with 5s --->>>SKU: CZ2114LWC
iPad -->>SIMGLW406R also interchangeable with Iphone 5 -->SKU: CZ2104LWR

Androids:

Samsung Galaxy S4-->> SIMGLW206R-->>SKU CZ2102LWR

LG Volt---->>SIMGLW206R-->>SKU CZ2102LWR
HTC One M7-->>SIMGLW206R-->>SKU CZ2102LWR
Samsung Galaxy Mega-->>SIMGLW206R-->>SKU CZ2102LWR
LG Nexus 5-->>SIMGLW206R-->>SKU CZ2102LWR
LG G2-->>SIMGLW206R-->>SKU CZ2102LWR

HTC Desire 510->>SIMGLT207R -->>SKU CZ2101LTR
LG Tribute->>SIMGLT207R -->>SKU CZ2101LTR
Tab 3->>SIMGLT207R-->>SKU CZ2101LTR

LTE Device that require No External Sim
Samsung Galaxy SIII
Samsung Galaxy Victory LTE
LG Viper
HTC EVO 4G LTE
LG Optimus S
Samsung Galaxy Prevail
LG Optimus V

These are the only ones confirmed. Other devices may be attempted and succeed, but we are not including them in our list as they have not been confirmed.

Sim cards needed to activate devices are-
IOS Devices:

(I'll add the sims as I get more information-- Please feel free to add sims here on this post and I'll add the as I verify)

Click HERE to bring your own phone.

New Phones and Devices are being added all the time--Please Keep your eyes on the Updated List as they are released.

There has been some issues activating the HTC Evo Shift. Please if you decide to purchase one of these phones. Do so at your own risk. Me and a few other Pro's have found, when attempting to activate-We get the snap screen. Those who have already made the purchase - we are trying like crazy to get the admins to take a peek-and maybe help add them to the freedompop system...Future Purchasers---check the meid before you buy...Might save you a head ache later.

What do I do if I already have a phone and its not on the BYOD List????

Answer---If your phone is not on the BYOD list, but you really want to use freedompop service. Purchase yourself a freedompop Hotspot to use on the phone. Freedompop has plenty of them small enough to fit in your front pocket devices. Price range-15$ all the way to 140$. After the purchase and activation. You download the freedompop free voice and text app--Open a free account, and use the app on your android or Iphone. You can even download My freedompop to keep an eye on your account.(Iphone user, the app difference between phones and a hotspoted phone is nothing-same apps)...You can even use a Ipod touch. You are also not limited to just the Freedompop VOIP app--You can use the VOIP app of your choice.

Check out these BYOD Pointers & Tips Written By Jorge M--->>> Click Here

(BYOD PHONES-YOU DO NOT HAVE TO DOWNLOAD THE FREEDOMPOP MESSAGING APP TO USE-YOU CAN USE ANY VOIP APP YOU WANT-THE PHONE WILL WORK GREAT WITH ANY VOIP APP YOU CHOOSE )

Please be advised---->>>

If you are experiencing activation issues...you might want to wait a few days till Sprint clear up this little issue they have going on at the moment....

please take a quick peek here....

BYOD Activation error - Sprint Financial Eligibility Check

http://support.freedompop.com/BYOD/48695059/My-device-didn-t-pass-a-financial-eligibility-check-now-what.htm

Don't forget to "Like", "Insightful" or "Awesome" if this post was helpful B)
Check Out My

New Buy-Sell-Trade "Joe's Corner"

here on FreedomPop. Great Place to sell or purchase that older device you have laying around the house!!! Click here to get to my NEW Group!!

Hope you find any post I have created helpful. Please look for my How to-s(Downgrading-100% Free) and (How to use the FreedomPop Community), or my Guides on FreedomPop Devices(Phones) and (Hotspots). Here is one on (FreedomPop Plans). Here is one on all (FreedomPop Apps). He is one on(Traveling with your GSM Global Sim?) or Common Question about the (GSM Global Sim). You can PM me anytime by clicking this link here njfulwider5. Than click the BUTTON with the (Small Envelope), to left of the word (MESSAGE). I will do my best help. Welcome to FreedomPop

Post edited by Jorge on

Comments

• Ali Ali Posts: 6,927FreedomPop Master, Test Role, iOS Master ✭✭✭✭✭
    Remember everyone, please stay tuned on the official FAQ's as we are definitely going to support more phones in the future, and the FAQ page gets updated all the time.
    @njfulwider5‌ I wish we could edit our own threads without admins being needed lol
  • njfulwider5njfulwider5 Posts: 9,286FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, Test Role, FreedomPop Pro, FreedomFan, Android Master ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tell me about it....at least our post like these....It would be sweat!!!!!!
    Check Out My

here on FreedomPop. Great Place to sell or purchase that older device you have laying around the house!!! Click here to get to my NEW Group!!

Hope you find any post I have created helpful. Please look for my How to-s(Downgrading-100% Free) and (How to use the FreedomPop Community), or my Guides on FreedomPop Devices(Phones) and (Hotspots). Here is one on (FreedomPop Plans). Here is one on all (FreedomPop Apps). He is one on(Traveling with your GSM Global Sim?) or Common Question about the (GSM Global Sim). You can PM me anytime by clicking this link here njfulwider5. Than click the BUTTON with the (Small Envelope), to left of the word (MESSAGE). I will do my best help. Welcome to FreedomPop

• njfulwider5njfulwider5 Posts: 9,286FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, Test Role, FreedomPop Pro, FreedomFan, Android Master ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you ali
    Check Out My

Please be advised!!!!

There has been some issues activating the HTC Evo Shift. Please if you decide to purchase one of these phones. Do so at your own risk. Me and a few other Pro's have found, when attempting to activate-We get the snap screen. Those who have already made the purchase - we are trying like crazy to get the admins to take a peek-and maybe help add them to the freedompop system...Future Purchasers---check the meid before you buy...Might save you a head ache later.

Thanks for reading My Post
    Check Out My

edited December 2014 #9

Answer---If your phone is not on the BYOD list, but you really want to use freedompop service. Purchase yourself a freedompop Hotspot to use on the phone. Freedompop has plenty of them small enough to fit in your front pocket devices. Price range-15$ all the way to 140$. After the purchase and activation. You download the freedompop free voice and text app--Open a free account, and use the app on your android or Iphone. You can even download My freedompop to keep an eye on your account.(Iphone user, the app difference between phones and a hotspoted phone is nothing-same apps)...You can even use a Ipod touch. You are also not limited to just the Freedompop VOIP app--You can use the VOIP app of your choice.

(BYOD PHONES-YOU DO NOT HAVE TO DOWNLOAD THE FREEDOMPOP MESSAGING APP TO USE-YOU CAN USE ANY VOIP APP YOU WANT-THE PHONE WILL WORK GREAT WITH ANY VOIP APP YOU CHOOSE )
    Check Out My

• jbmixjbmix Posts: 9FreedomPop Newbie
    Well, this is disturbing, to find that ONLY 16GB iphone 4S is supported. Not 32Gb. It would have been nice if the official FAQ page had made that distinction. I admit that I'm quite frustrated in attempting to get started with FreedomPop, at this point.
  • Peter BartonPeter Barton Posts: 0FreedomPop Newbie
    I have read varying opinions on this so I thought it best to get a direct answer from a support staff member, @njfulwider5 or @ali. I currently have my daughters BYOD phone on FreedomPOP, which is a HTC EVO 4G. I have purchased a clean ESN Sprint iPhone 5 16GB to give her to for Christmas. Here is where the differing of opinion occurs. What is the best way to change my daughter's current account from the HTC to the new iPhone? I have read, create a new account then send @Taylor a message and let him move the iPhone back to her original account. Then I have also heard to get both the existing phone and the new iPhone in my hands and call your support number. Which is the best way, or is there an even better third option that I have not listed.
    @Peter Barton
    Taylor is not a active member at the moment.....You should talk to jorge M...

It is way faster to have the Cs service team-if you can get threw..to swap it...if not, give one of the admins a shout out....

@jbmix...

Sorry to hear this, I just figured If I posted here and included to not...it would get more of a understanding...You can still try the hotspot thing i mentioned....I have a iphone 4s and there really is no difference...except you carry around the hotspot in your pocket...might be a cheap alternative...

@Jorge M.
    this is the post I created...
    Check Out My

@Peter Barton‌ First, BYOD the phone onto a new account. Then ask an admin to swap the phones on the accounts but retain the number. This way you will 'upgrade' the phone. @Jorge M.‌ Is the best admin to contact right now when it comes to this however he's flooded with messages so I'm thinking of programming some pipes to control the water overflow lolol

@Peter Barton
    Taylor is not a active member at the moment.....You should talk to jorge M...

It is way faster to have the Cs service team-if you can get threw..to swap it...if not, give one of the admins a shout out....

@jbmix...

Sorry to hear this, I just figured If I posted here and included to not...it would get more of a understanding...You can still try the hotspot thing i mentioned....I have a iphone 4s and there really is no difference...except you carry around the hotspot in your pocket...might be a cheap alternative...

@Jorge M.
    this is the post I created...

Check Out My

@jbmix
    please read above...what to do if you device is not on the byod list
    Check Out My

BYOD Supports ONLY Sprint Devices below

BYOD Supports ONLY 16gb Apple Devices below

BYOD Apple Devices ONLY Supports 16gb---NO 8gb/32gb/64gb

NO Pre-Paids, NO Tri-Bands & Unlocked GSM/CDMA Devices(make sure phones are Locked to CDMA Sprint)

BYOD Supported Phones:

Samsung Galaxy S II (Samsung Epic 4G Touch is the Sprint name)
    Samsung Galaxy S III
    Samsung Galaxy S 4 (NO MINI)
    Samsung Victory
    Samsung Epic 4G
    Samsung Nexus S
    LG Viper
    Motorola Photon 4G
    HTC Evo Shift
    HTC Evo Design
    HTC Evo 3D
    HTC EVO 4G
    iPhone 4/4s (16GB)
    iPhone 5 (16GB)

Tablet BYOD list:

iPad Mini (16GB)
    iPad Mini w/ Retina display (16GB)
    iPad 4 (16GB)
    Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1
    Samsung Galaxy Tab 3.0

URL : http://www.freedompop.com/byod

Click HERE to bring your own phone.

New Phones and Devices are being added all the time--Please Keep your eyes on the Updated List as they are released.
    nothing changed.....

Check Out My

Please be advised!!!!

Thanks for reading My Post
    Check Out My

Check Out My

• jbmixjbmix Posts: 9FreedomPop Newbie
    @njfulwider5
    Thanks, but being tied to a hotspot isn't an option I want to deal with. But I'll keep it in mind.
    @jbmix‌
    I totally understand...I did this when I first started freedompop with a rocket and a Iphone....than later a photon, just because it was way way smaller
    Check Out My

• Amy PrattAmy Pratt Posts: 15FreedomPop Newbie
    If you go the hotspot route, how do you get a phone number for it?
  • Rich Sias (16th)Rich Sias (16th) Posts: 2,469FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, FreedomPop Pro ✭✭✭✭✭
    You don't.
    But can use a phone with wifi that now can get internet for 'free'.
    Be my Valentine ZTE, Victory, LG Volt, & 803S
    Amy Pratt said:

If you go the hotspot route, how do you get a phone number for it?

Djink's is correct.....

people that can't byod----still get a phone number when they download free voice and text.....(you don't even need a hotspot to get one)---you can use you home wifi

Check Out My

• jahoogjahoog Posts: 0FreedomPop Newbie
    Will you ever support 64GB Apple Devices, specifically iPhone 4s?
This discussion has been closed.