Countries where global SIM can be used — FreedomPop Community

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hi there!

Big news — we’ve got a new Community design coming for you on 4/25/2017. We can’t wait for you to check it out!

A few important notes:

Any posts you create on the current Community after 4/25 12:00 PM PST. might not carry over in the migration. We recommend holding off on posting after that point (until the new Community is live).
Your username and password are staying the same, and all your posts and comments will carry over too. No need to worry about missing content!

Thanks so much for your support and patience through the migration process. Let us know if you have any questions or concerns!

- The FreedomPop Community Team

Countries where global SIM can be used

SolomonSolomon FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 135 ✭✭
Does the Global Sim work in places that are officially part of France but are in fact separate, such as New Caledonia, Reunion Island, Tahiti and Guyana ?

The sim is supposed to work in "more than 25 countries, see web site for more info". The package lists 25 countries. Shouldn't there be a 26th, to comply with "more than" ?
Any update on the countries?
Any plans to open in Japan in the near future?
Etc. Info is particularly sparse.
Thanks

Tagged:

Comments

• Jonathan J.Jonathan J. FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 331 admin
    Solomon said:

Does the Global Sim work in places that are officially part of France but are in fact separate, such as New Caledonia, Reunion Island, Tahiti and Guyana ?

The sim is supposed to work in "more than 25 countries, see web site for more info". The package lists 25 countries. Shouldn't there be a 26th, to comply with "more than" ?
    Any update on the countries?
    Any plans to open in Japan in the near future?
    Etc. Info is particularly sparse.
    Thanks

Hello,

I apologize for any confusion this has caused. Unfortunately, the Global SIM will not likely work in those particular areas. However, should you attempt to use it in any of these specific areas, please feel free to share some feedback.

Now regarding Japan, we are always looking to expand our services, so we wouldn't rule out Japan to come ahead in the future.

I have provided a link which you are more than welcome to input a Zip Code to check coverage in an area of which you might be interested in. Feel free to have a look.
    http://www.freedompop.com/worldwide

-Jonathan J.

• Russell CartyRussell Carty FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 9
    Hi @Jonathan J. I have the Global SIM and it has been working well on my travels, so much so that I would like to increase the data and call minutes. I remember when I first got the sim there were options to upgrade/pay to get more calls and data. But now I go to my account and try to upgrade and there are no other packages showing apart from the free package I am currently on. Can you help me? Would love to pay FreedomPop some money....
  • Jonathan J.Jonathan J. FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 331 admin

Hi @Jonathan J. I have the Global SIM and it has been working well on my travels, so much so that I would like to increase the data and call minutes. I remember when I first got the sim there were options to upgrade/pay to get more calls and data. But now I go to my account and try to upgrade and there are no other packages showing apart from the free package I am currently on. Can you help me? Would love to pay FreedomPop some money....

Hello Russell,

I'm glad to know the Global SIM has been working well on your travels.

I have sent you a PM in order to gather some information associated with your account. Please feel free to check your Forum inbox at your convenience.

I hope you are having safe travels. :)

-Jonathan J.
  • SolomonSolomon FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 135 ✭✭
    Back home now.
    The FP SIM didn't work in either Japan nor New Caledonia. In Japan there are so many wifi hotspots around that it's not too much of a problem. In New Caledonia, the hotels all have free wifi, but hardly any restaurants though.

One problem: some of the wifi hotspots in Japan (and elsewhere too) validate your connection by sending a text message with a code. But there is no way of receiving the text message on the phone with the FP SIM. In the end, I had the validation code sent to a friend's phone with a local SIM.
  • Krasimir PanchevKrasimir Panchev FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 23
    My daughter went to New York a few weeks ago and I gave her my globalSIM as US is on the list of countries, unfortunately it did not work. I have made sure that the SIM was working in her phone here in the UK, data roaming was enabled, everything as it should be, alas she was not able to make any calls or use data... Freedompop are complete amateurs, I am on the brink of cancelling all my sim cards and putting them in the bin...