Comproba tu identidad

anajorgereisanajorgereis Publicaciones: 12FreedomPop Newbie
Hola. I'm not spanish but I'm going there for the semester and want to access Freedompop. I've started to order my SIM card but when I got to "comproba tu identidad", I used my passport number but it says "Por favor, comprueba que los campos tengan datos válidos", even though I think everything is ok. I don't have DNI or NIE so I don't know what to do. Have I put the wrong number? Mine starts with a letter and has 6 numbers.
Any help??
Thank you.

Comentarios

• Pablo José Prieto MosteiroPablo José Prieto Mosteiro Publicaciones: 272FreedomPop Newbie ✭✭✭
    editado febrero 2017 #2
    Hi, good evening. I speak english more or less, but I´ll try to explain to you without google translate :)

PARA LOS ESPAÑOLES: Ya está explicado aqui: https://forums.freedompop.com/discussion/21918/anuncio-freedompop-solicita-verificacion-por-dni#latest

OK, here in Spain we have a law that requires the Mobile Operators to identify with the ID Card (here DNI) every user of the mobile network.This is done for safety, because if someone commits a crime with a mobile line, the Police must identify the perpetrator. This is like O2 or giffgaff do in UK.

I really do not know how you are affected by Spanish law, you are the first case I know, but you'd better talk to Freedompop UK, because here's a law issue.

P.D:Between us, upload any picture, logout, check your mail, and if you have a mail welcoming you to Freedompop, congratulations, you skipped the sistem!:)

EDITED: One question: Are you requesting the sim FROM uk TO spanish FP, or FROM spain to spanish FP? I ask because we have free roaming, and I think that may be easier to request the sim to UK FreedomPop.
    No soy de FreedomPop, asi que mis posts son consejos, no anuncios oficiales | Expert de Freedompop | Si te sirvo de ayuda, tu agradecimiento me basta :) | No, no me pagan por esto.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Redes operativas(por el momento): TODAS LAS DE ESPAÑA (ORANGE, VODAFONE, MOVISTAR, YOIGO) NO OFICIAL
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Twitter: @l3x1um
  • anajorgereisanajorgereis Publicaciones: 12FreedomPop Newbie
    Thank you so much!
    I requested the SIM card from Spain.. Do you think I should have done it from UK? Would it be delivered in spain? What are the benefits? My SIM card is on the way so I think I skypped the system :)

@Pablo Prieto said:
    > Hi, good evening. I speak english more or less, but I´ll try to explain to you without google translate :)
    >
    > PARA LOS ESPAÑOLES: Ya está explicado aqui: https://forums.freedompop.com/discussion/21918/anuncio-freedompop-solicita-verificacion-por-dni#latest
    >
    > OK, here in Spain we have a law that requires the Mobile Operators to identify with the ID Card (here DNI) every user of the mobile network.This is done for safety, because if someone commits a crime with a mobile line, the Police must identify the perpetrator. This is like O2 or giffgaff do in UK.
    >
    > I really do not know how you are affected by Spanish law, you are the first case I know, but you'd better talk to Freedompop UK, because here's a law issue.
    >
    > P.D:Between us, upload any picture, logout, check your mail, and if you have a mail welcoming you to Freedompop, congratulations, you skipped the sistem!:)
    >
    >
    > EDITED: One question: Are you requesting the sim FROM uk TO spanish FP, or FROM spain to spanish FP? I ask because we have free roaming, and I think that may be easier to request the sim to UK FreedomPop.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Publicaciones: 0 admin

Thank you so much!

I requested the SIM card from Spain.. Do you think I should have done it from UK? Would it be delivered in spain? What are the benefits? My SIM card is on the way so I think I skypped the system :)

Hello @anajorgereis !

It's required to attach the DNI to your account. If you were able to skip the option while placing your order, once you receive the SIM card and install the app it will ask you to please attach the DNI. Unfortunately, in Spain DNI is the only option available as ID to have an account with us. Please check the following link for more information about it https://es.support.freedompop.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2950/kw/dni
    Hi @Norma S.
    My card is already on the way and I've paid for it because nowhere does it say the DNI is the only card accepted. Even In the link you send it says "Si no funciona de DNI, se ha confirmado que la mejor opción para completar este paso es usando el pasaporte."
    Will I be able to use it ?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Publicaciones: 0 admin

Hi @Norma S.
    My card is already on the way and I've paid for it because nowhere does it say the DNI is the only card accepted. Even In the link you send it says "Si no funciona de DNI, se ha confirmado que la mejor opción para completar este paso es usando el pasaporte."
    Will I be able to use it ?

Once you receive the SIM card please let me know through a PM so that I can further assist you. :)
    @Norma S. I've received it and sent you a PM :)
Accede o Regístrate para comentar.