Photon does not connect

Jack ChingJack Ching Publicaciones: 1FreedomPop Newbie
editado febrero 2014 en Archived Discussions #1
I've recently activated my device and am able to log in to my account page, however, every time I connect to the device it takes me to the activation page. Help! I've tried a hard reset to no avail and it has been more than a day since I activated it.
Post edited by [Deleted User] on

Mejor respuesta

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Publicaciones: 31
    #2 Respuesta ✓

I've recently activated my device and am able to log in to my account page, however, every time I connect to the device it takes me to the activation page. Help! I've tried a hard reset to no avail and it has been more than a day since I activated it.

Could you private message me your account email or post a support ticket number here if you have one?

Respuestas

• Jack ChingJack Ching Publicaciones: 1FreedomPop Newbie
    Taylor was great in helping me coordinate with the development team to resolve the issue. Sounds like this might be a recurring problem for new users and it might be worthwhile for FP to see if any part of this process could be streamlined to reduce the turnaround time.
  • Pria SantosaPria Santosa Publicaciones: 1FreedomPop Newbie
    I have the same problem. I activated my Photon using my PC, and when I tried to connect using my iPhone it asked me to activate it again, and of course it couldn't do that because the email is "already in use".

Help... It's just a brick right now if I can't connect to it!

I have the same problem. I activated my Photon using my PC, and when I tried to connect using my iPhone it asked me to activate it again, and of course it couldn't do that because the email is "already in use".

Help... It's just a brick right now if I can't connect to it!

I refreshed your account and your device should now be working properly. Sorry for the inconvenience.
  • glen Watersglen Waters Publicaciones: 0FreedomPop Newbie
    I activated my Freedom-Pop Photon - it communicates w/notebook via WIFI but Photon red light keeps flashing - indicates searching for internet - will it hookup via 3G ?
    @Glen - The Photon is a 4G only device and does not have 3G fallback. You can review 4G WiMax coverage in your location here - http://www.clear.com/coverage. The red blinking light is a sign that you do not have coverage in your location.
  • Shawn StarnerShawn Starner Publicaciones: 0FreedomPop Newbie
    I am having the same problem with my Photon $g as the OP. Can't seem to find a solution. Any Ideas?
    @Shawn - Your account looks good on our end. If this is a recent problem it may be due to tower maintenance in your area.
  • Shawn StarnerShawn Starner Publicaciones: 0FreedomPop Newbie
    Ok, thanks. I haven't checked it today. I was having this issue last night when setting up the account/device. I will check it after work.
  • De Fy UDe Fy U Publicaciones: 0FreedomPop Newbie
    Wi-Fi and 4G lights solid green. The 192.168 page says I'm 4G and W-Fi connected. But instead of letting me log in, it loops me back to a page to "get updates", which then asks me to input mac id and email to validate. This action of course results in an error because I've already validated. End result.... no connectivity and wasted time.
    @De Fy U - I reviewed your account and refreshed it in our system. Your device should be working properly now. Let me know if you continue to have issues.
  • Peter SPeter S Publicaciones: 0FreedomPop Newbie
    Just Activated a Photon purchased through groupon. Everything seems to work, but it behaves as though the wifi password is incorrect. I tried reseting the device, but it still fails to authenticate when I use the password printed on the label.
  • bballguy02bballguy02 Publicaciones: 1FreedomPop Newbie

@Taylor I have the same issue. It continually takes me to the activate page
    @Peter S - I looked into your account and everything should be working now, let me know if you continue to have issues.

@bballguy02 - I refreshed your account and everything should be active now.
  • Peter SPeter S Publicaciones: 0FreedomPop Newbie
    Peter S dijo:

Just Activated a Photon purchased through groupon. Everything seems to work, but it behaves as though the wifi password is incorrect. I tried reseting the device, but it still fails to authenticate when I use the password printed on the label.

From a youtube video I learned that the default wifi password is freedompop. The freedompop quick start guide says "password located on the bottom of your Freedom Spot Photon."
  • jason jiangjason jiang Publicaciones: 0FreedomPop Newbie
    I've recently activated my device (got it from groupon) and am able to log in to my account page, however, every time I connect to the device it takes me to the activation page.
    @Jason - Can you confirm your device MAC ID? Thanks!
  • Peter BianchiPeter Bianchi Publicaciones: 0FreedomPop Newbie
    Good morning, My name is Pete Bianchi. I have recently acquired both the hTC Evo Smartphone and FreedomPop Photon portable hotspot devices (Through Groupon). I have not been able to use the Photon portable device because I cannot activate it via FreedomPop.com. The device seems as though it should work properly, but it connects to the activation page of FreedomPop's website. It asks for my e-mail address I used for activation. It states that this e-mail is already being used. I am not able to enable my device at this moment. (MAC: 001*********) My Wi-Fi devices see the Photon device but it is not functional yet. Do you have any recommendations?
    I would also be interested in purchasing a portable 3G/4G device due that this device is limited to 4G LTE locations, but the website does not let me navigate well enough to purchase available FreedomPop products. Thank you for your time, Peter Bianchi p.s. I've told many people about your great service. It would be nice if I can help them get "rolling" properly once my items are taken care of. I should be able to provide a fair amount of accurate feedback as I have been using these kind of devices for years and am quite familiar with the operating system and how the applications are used. (Geek factor is high!) I hope that I can help, Thanks for your time and effort! Best Regards, Pete Bianchi
    Please note that I have also sent a very similar message via FreedomPop.com's website which includes the actual MAC # of the Photon device.
    @Peter - There is only one device allowed per email address at this time. It sounds like you either set up an account with the email you are trying to use, or checked coverage with the email at some time which would create a partial account and lock up the email. If it is not assigned with a device/active account please let me know and I can free up the email for you to use.
Esta conversación ha sido cerrada.