Error 1012 BYOD: Cant update profile/PRL

Marie MonteleoneMarie Monteleone Publicaciones: 1FreedomPop Newbie
editado febrero 2014 en Archived Discussions #1
Hello,

I just signed up to FreedomPop with my HTC Evo 4G about 45 minutes ago.

I can't update PRL/Profile or complete hands free activation.

I had my MSL code from when I had the device on Sprint.

I tried ##72786# and reset.
Also tried ##786# and reset.

No luck. Any ideas?
Post edited by [Deleted User] on
Etiquetado:

Comentarios

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Publicaciones: 31
    @Mark - I looked into your account and have to escalate it to our development team, I will let you know as soon as they let me know the issue is resolved. Thank you for your patience.
  • micmel2micmel2 Publicaciones: 1FreedomPop Newbie
    I, too, am having the same problem. I've been trying to update the Profile and the PRL file since yesterday, but I keep getting error 1012. I've rebooted my phone, even reset back to the factory settings, and I can't get past this problem. This is a BYOD HTC EVO 4G phone device. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    @micmel2 - I have reviewed your account and see that you have a similar issue. I have escalated the issue to our development team for resolution, I will let you know when I receive a response back.
  • Marie MonteleoneMarie Monteleone Publicaciones: 1FreedomPop Newbie
    Hey Taylor,

Thanks for the quick response. It does look like the phone is able to activate now, and retrieve a PRL and Profile.

Data works, however can't make calls (get a weird message)

in the ##72786#, It's pulling a weird MDN and weird MSID number as well. (MDN starts with 566, and MSID starts with 913). I tried resetting again and reactivating/updating profile, and still the same results.
    Hey Taylor,

Please disregard my last post in regards to not being able to make/receive calls. I realized I needed the freedompop apps on the phone. I now have the FP symbol on top and am able to make/receive calls.

Seems my only issue now... Is when sending a text from freedompop phone, the recipient gets multiple of the same text. Any idea?

I texted a text to an actual sprint phone I have with service, and received multiple texts.
  • jarroldtjarroldt Publicaciones: 1FreedomPop Newbie
    I am having the same issues with my Nexus S. I am pretty tech savvy and I have exhausted all possible options to correctly configure. It has been 5 days of unused service.
    @jarroldt - Sorry to hear you are having problems too. I have gone ahead and escalated your issue to our development team for resolution.

@Marie - I am working with our development team to find the cause of the multiple text issue.

Thanks for your patience guys!
  • jarroldtjarroldt Publicaciones: 1FreedomPop Newbie
    Are you able to get my MSL code?
    @Jarroldt - I will be able to provide you with the MSL after our development team fixes your account issues. I will let you know as soon as I receive a response back from them.
  • benjayebenjaye Publicaciones: 0FreedomPop Newbie
    Hi, I too am having issues competing activation on an HTC Evo 4G. I completed the online sign up, paid the activation, and received a phone number, but I didn't receive an email with the update profile/prl instructions or an MSL number.

Any ideas?
  • Mark EmanuelMark Emanuel Publicaciones: 0FreedomPop Newbie

Hey Taylor,

Please disregard my last post in regards to not being able to make/receive calls. I realized I needed the freedompop apps on the phone. I now have the FP symbol on top and am able to make/receive calls.

Seems my only issue now... Is when sending a text from freedompop phone, the recipient gets multiple of the same text. Any idea?

I texted a text to an actual sprint phone I have with service, and received multiple texts.

I can confirm this multiple text issue, my Evo 4G is doing it as well. The issue seems to be intermittent and I'm having a hard time pinning down the steps that cause it.

@Taylor- good luck to your team debugging this one.
    @Mark - The multiple text issue should now be resolved, it was caused by a network/system error. Let me know if you continue to have issues.
    benjaye dijo:

Hi, I too am having issues competing activation on an HTC Evo 4G. I completed the online sign up, paid the activation, and received a phone number, but I didn't receive an email with the update profile/prl instructions or an MSL number.

Any ideas?

Please dial ##786#. Select the "Reset" button and then enter your MSL code: 830283

Hit the "Reset" button and your phone will restart.

Once the phone has restarted it may enter hands free activation. If this does not happen, then you can do so by updating your phone's PRL and Profile manually. This can be done by going to Settings > Phone/ System updates > Update PRL and then repeat for update Profile.
    @Taylor that msl is being rejected, do you have any other ideas?
    Thank you Taylor
    @benjaye - Please try 000000 as the MSL. Also please go to Settings->About Phone to see if the MEID-DEC matches what we have in our system.
  • needhelpneedhelp Publicaciones: 0FreedomPop Newbie
    The phone finally allow me to update the profile and prl after many tries with error 1012 but when I restarted the phone as instructed, I can't see the freedompop config app anywhere to continue. I factory reset and updated the profile many times since then without much success. This is a BYOD HTC EVO 4G phone device. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Am I looking in the wrong place?
  • Daniel JohnsonDaniel Johnson Publicaciones: 1FreedomPop Newbie
    I am still having this issue and haven't received any support? I can not use my phone...
    @Taylor‌ MSL as 000000 worked perfectly. The EVO was able to update the PRL and profile. Thanks!
  • needhelpneedhelp Publicaciones: 0FreedomPop Newbie
    The phone is working now. After being able to update the profile and prl, I thought I needed to find the freedompop config loaded onto the phone. That didn’t happened. But I went to google anyways and loaded the freedompop apps and everything works now. Thank you.
    @Daniel - Our development team fixed your issue. If you continue to have issues please let me know.
  • Justin McCurryJustin McCurry Publicaciones: 0FreedomPop Newbie
    I am having the same issues. I can't update PRL or Profile and get the 1012 error. The freedompop account seemed to work fine for the first month, and then suddenly on the first day of the second month of service, it stopped working. No data connection, no way to even make phone calls over my wifi.

I can't check data usage online, but I went to the freedompop.aol.com and it shows 0 MB left and a blank status for days until next cycle. It appears as if my data has been deactivated somehow.

I tried setting up my phone from scratch doing the hands free activation and putting in my MSL, and same 1012 error. Help!
    @Justin - Your account looks good in our system and it looks like you were able to use a little data, are you still experiencing this problem?
  • Justin McCurryJustin McCurry Publicaciones: 0FreedomPop Newbie
    I contacted FP help through twitter and they reset my account. I still can't get 4G to work (never have had it working). I'm within the coverage area per Sprint's online map. Any tips?
Esta conversación ha sido cerrada.