Is there an option to cap your free allowance

MeologiesMeologies Posts: 1FreedomPop Newbie
I am curious to know if you can cap your tariff after the free allowance runs out.

For example if you use up all your minutes and data can you choose to simply be denied anymore until next month?

Comments

• Ali Ali Posts: 6,735FreedomPop Master, Test Role, iOS Master ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Meologies Yes, if you turn off "Auto top up" then your data services will be suspended when you reach the limits of your tariff. Your minutes and texts will automatically stop as well.
  • MrXTMrXT Posts: 91FreedomPop Newbie
    Ali said:

@Meologies Yes, if you turn off "Auto top up" then your data services will be suspended when you reach the limits of your tariff. Your minutes and texts will automatically stop as well.

So you need to have data avilable in order to send texts or make calls?
  • Chris PritchardChris Pritchard Posts: 90FreedomPop Newbie ✭✭✭
    What about getting more data? Is there a price list of out of allowance charges?
    #TalkIsCheapUK
  • Ali Ali Posts: 6,735FreedomPop Master, Test Role, iOS Master ✭✭✭✭✭
    @MrXT My apologies, I meant your minutes and texts automatically suspend if you reach your tariff's limits!

@TDMS_UK FreedomPop has many different tariffs for different plans, all inclusive of VAT. You can upgrade to the bundle for Unlimited minutes and SMS and 1GB for £19 monthly, you can upgrade your data to 2GB for £20, or 4GB for £35 monthly.
  • Haris LalicHaris Lalic Posts: 68FreedomPop Newbie
    in your account go to billing settings and disable automatic top up. fyi..if your data runs out you will not be able to use phone or messaging either.
  • MrXTMrXT Posts: 91FreedomPop Newbie

in your account go to billing settings and disable automatic top up. fyi..if your data runs out you will not be able to use phone or messaging either.

That contridicts what ali just commented.
    @MrXT I wasn't trying to contradict Ali, I thought I was agreeing with him. my phone just did this, I didn't have auto top up ON.. once I reached 100mb I couldn't call or text, only over wifi. from what I was reading in other discussions that's the way it works. I thought my phone stoped working. If I'm wrong then please somebody correct me, I wanna know exactly how it all works too.
  • Rich Sias (16th)Rich Sias (16th) Posts: 3,124FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, FreedomPop Expert ✭✭✭✭✭
    You got it right. That's the way it works.

The brakes are put on 100MB before hitting 0. The Sprint 3 hour delay will bring in more to cover. If were doing video or other hogging software, then account might go negative. Doing video when crossing zero can be ex$pensive. HD video can use up to 1 GB and more in 3 hours easy. At 2 cents each that can cost you big time -- 1000 x 2c = 2000 cents or $20.
    If top-up is off and credits below $2, FP charges $1.99 to cover for up to 100 MB in the hole. That 1 GB would set you back with 11 charges of $1.99 with about $1.75 left of the 11th one. The $1.75 is good for another time of PAYG.
    Be my Valentine ZTE, Victory, LG Volt, 803S, & 4 SIMs
    @Rich Sias (16th) Can you confirm also, does FP messaging app data counts toward data limit? meaning does text and calls use up data also.
  • Rich Sias (16th)Rich Sias (16th) Posts: 3,124FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, FreedomPop Expert ✭✭✭✭✭
    The messaging app is SUPPOSED to keep track of usage of the three types: minutes, texts, data. Even though they ALL use data only data should go on data. Minutes goes on minutes allowance even when on WiFi. Texts goes on texts allowance even when on WiFi. Data goes on data when on 3G or 4G (LTE/WiMax) but not when using WiFi.
    In reality, on occasion people have seen charges to data in all the above cases where it should not have.
    Be my Valentine ZTE, Victory, LG Volt, 803S, & 4 SIMs
    @Rich Sias (16th) well if it supposed to i don't think it's doing it since i was tracking data this month. I will try again just to make sure..
  • OlioOlio Posts: 1FreedomPop Newbie

You got it right. That's the way it works.

The brakes are put on 100MB before hitting 0. The Sprint 3 hour delay will bring in more to cover. If were doing video or other hogging software, then account might go negative. Doing video when crossing zero can be ex$pensive. HD video can use up to 1 GB and more in 3 hours easy. At 2 cents each that can cost you big time -- 1000 x 2c = 2000 cents or $20.
    If top-up is off and credits below $2, FP charges $1.99 to cover for up to 100 MB in the hole. That 1 GB would set you back with 11 charges of $1.99 with about $1.75 left of the 11th one. The $1.75 is good for another time of PAYG.

That is for the US.

For the UK, it's set out differenetly from what I can see in their T&C...

FreedomPop uses Automatic Top-up to ensure you are never left without internet access when you exceed your monthly data allotment. The default top-up amount is £5. In any month your usage is within 20MB of your monthly plan capacity limit, or in which your account balance falls below £1, your account will be charged the automatic top-up amount using the primary payment method on your account. If you wish to disable this feature, you can learn how to do so here.

When you disable the Automatic Top-Up feature your account will be suspended when you reach the top-up threshold. However, if you exceed your free data allotment in a single session, your account may switch to pay-as-you-go mode.

Note that data usage reporting may be delayed by up to three hours. Our system suspends activity if you are within 20MB of your monthly data allotment and your account has a credit balance of less than £1.
  • Rmorgan39Rmorgan39 Posts: 4FreedomPop Newbie
    Im trying to figure this out
    On Oct 11, 2015 6:22 PM CREDIT $10.00, My Son ran it up ok Fine, I watched it and watch it add up at .02 each. So I get to another month now 600 MB an there still deducting, so I say ok I will turn this automatic pop up off, It stayed working until it just went to no connection. I have 600 MBs but no connection, I decided to turn automatic top up on an it charged me 10.00. So did I lose my Data - 600 MBs

Billing Cycle: 20 days left

Maybe Im confused with the billing cycle?

Oct 16, 2015 3:28 PM Pay As You Go 19 MB
    Oct 11, 2015 6:14 PM Pay As You Go 37 MB
    Oct 11, 2015 6:06 PM Pay As You Go 2 MB
    Oct 11, 2015 6:05 PM Plan Usage 63 MB
    Oct 11, 2015 6:05 PM Pay As You Go 12 MB
    Oct 11, 2015 5:08 PM Plan Usage 19 MB
    Oct 11, 2015 4:53 PM Plan Usage 43 MB
    Oct 11, 2015 4:48 PM Plan Usage 101 MB

• zionitazionita Posts: 1FreedomPop Newbie
    I turned off auto top-up and just got an auto top-up charge. I just checked the settings and auto top-up was on. I think FreedomPop turned it back on.