Calling over wifi when no signal?

ianmanningianmanning Posts: 6FreedomPop Newbie
Alot of my house receives little or no signal on the Three network. I was wondering if there was a way of making/receiving FreedomPop calls over wifi, perhaps using something like the Three In Touch app? (I have a Galaxy S4)

Comments

• MrXTMrXT Posts: 91FreedomPop Newbie
    Yes i second this, three's signal is crap indoors!!!
  • Haris LalicHaris Lalic Posts: 68FreedomPop Newbie
    edited September 2015 #3
    there is separate FP app like that, but it can't be used with FP phone, so you have to use minutes when you call over wifi. and their nationwide wifi app also stopped working.
    Post edited by Haris Lalic on
  • salvadorfreemansonsalvadorfreemanson Posts: 64FreedomPop Newbie ✭✭✭
    In the blurb for the app, it says that you can use it over wifi when abroad. So presumably you can also use it over wifi in the UK too. Although of course there should be a deduction for the minutes of talk time.
  • Crunchie66Crunchie66 Posts: 20FreedomPop Newbie
    Yes you can, using the FreedomPop app. I ordered my sim yesterday. Today I found it won't work in my phone when it arrives. But I put the app on my iPad, which is the wifi only version. No sim slot. I just made calls and sent texts with it. At first I though it wasn't working but it turned out to be because the contacts in my address book had +44 in front of the numbers. When dialled without it worked fine.
  • cagstercagster Posts: 169FreedomPop Newbie ✭✭✭
    So in a phone if you only wanted to use VOIP you would need the SIM - is that correct ?
  • Crunchie66Crunchie66 Posts: 20FreedomPop Newbie
    My iPad is working without a sim so I expect a phone would too, though of course you would need wifi.
  • cagstercagster Posts: 169FreedomPop Newbie ✭✭✭
    Thanks Crunchie - I have android phone - I will give it a try later