Sim delivery times for UK?

gadgethomegadgethome Posts: 17FreedomPop Newbie ✭✭✭
Excited to try out the new sim. Ordered 2 days ago and still says processing...Anyone know average delivery times? Thanks

Comments

• Ali Ali Posts: 6,705FreedomPop Master, Test Role, iOS Master ✭✭✭✭✭
    @gadgethome Hey there, thanks for testing out FreedomPop UK Beta! Your SIM should arrive within 1-2 weeks from the date of purchase :)
  • 1stJohn Arkley1stJohn Arkley Posts: 392FreedomPop Newbie ✭✭✭
    Day 3 mine is showing as shipped. So if that's true it should come Monday or Tuesday.
    Billing cycle starts ~ 1st of month
  • ritsonritson Posts: 172FreedomPop Newbie ✭✭✭
    my sim has been dispatched... 1-2 weeks are they coming from the usa?
    jason ritson 1st
    andrea ritson 6th
    adam ritson 12th
  • MrXTMrXT Posts: 91FreedomPop Newbie
    Took mine about 1 week to arrive.
  • Ali Ali Posts: 6,705FreedomPop Master, Test Role, iOS Master ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ritson These SIMs are shipping from Los Angeles, USA!
  • gadgethomegadgethome Posts: 17FreedomPop Newbie ✭✭✭
    thanks everyone for the feedback.
  • jamesbodyjamesbody Posts: 2FreedomPop Newbie
    Shipping SIMs from the US to UK is not a viable or sustainable proposition. If FreedomPop are serious about establishing a foothold in Europe then this will need to be sorted! Luckily there are many outfits who offer local drop shipping - including Amazon....
    Ali said:

@ritson These SIMs are shipping from Los Angeles, USA!

You are joking, right? If not why is the packaging the SIM arrives in got a UK return address and send royal mail first class?
  • jamesbodyjamesbody Posts: 2FreedomPop Newbie
    Oh - and why does the Order Status page show 'Device Allocated' and 'Kitting' - for a SIM Card order? What is going on here? Most UK Providers are able to drop ship a SIM from a distribution centre for next day delivery - so what is different about a FreedomPop UK SIM?
  • simonjcomptonsimonjcompton Posts: 21FreedomPop Newbie
    Its been 7 days and min is still at device allocated and has been for days
  • PadihoPadiho Posts: 9FreedomPop Newbie
    Where are you getting the information from on the status of your sim..thanks
    I ordered mine on launch day and got it on Monday
  • Fabrizio MartellucciFabrizio Martellucci Posts: 657FreedomPop Newbie, UK Pro ✭✭✭✭
    Still waiting for mine to arrive probably going through the scenic route or has gone astray, I ordered mine on September the 15th.
    Billing cycle 7th
  • cagstercagster Posts: 169FreedomPop Newbie ✭✭✭
    Mine still says Device Allocated - does it actually move to shipped when its shipped ? For those with a SIM how long was it from order to receiving ? Cheers
  • ArclightArclight Posts: 1FreedomPop Newbie
    6 days since orfering and I'm still waiting too.
  • Fabrizio MartellucciFabrizio Martellucci Posts: 657FreedomPop Newbie, UK Pro ✭✭✭✭
    As of Oct 1st still no SIM, ordered it on September the 15th, emailed someone in the Alpha team but my email is ignored. Shoddy to say the least !
    Billing cycle 7th
  • Chris PritchardChris Pritchard Posts: 90FreedomPop Newbie ✭✭✭
    My Sim was delivered within 6 days.
    #TalkIsCheapUK
    edited October 2015 #19
    6 days for me but 2 of them were the weekend & thats with a beta order i never got offered on the alpha program :(
    Post edited by ritson on
    jason ritson 1st
    andrea ritson 6th
    adam ritson 12th
    ritson said:

6 days for me but 2 of them were the weekend & thats with a beta order i never got offered on the alpha program :(

Are you in the USA ?
    Billing cycle 7th
    uk.... cumbria :)
    jason ritson 1st
    andrea ritson 6th
    adam ritson 12th
  • 3rd start - Kelvin Hill3rd start - Kelvin Hill Posts: 221FreedomPop Newbie, UK Pro ✭✭✭
    Exactly a week for me. Arrived this morning (Friday 02 Oct) after ordering on Friday 25 Sep. Last night, my FreedomPop account showed that my SIM had been dispatched via Fedex. I feared a lengthy wait from the U.S., but didn't it just turn up this morning via Royal Mail. I suspect they haven't updated their message for the UK. The instructions provided with the SIM were very clear. I popped it into my OnePlus One phone, switched it on, and enabled data. Bingo. The app clearly shows how many minutes, texts, and data are left, and I'm pleased to observe that even though data is enabled (as well as WiFi), it is strictly using WiFi while that is available. It has dawned on me that FP will only use the data connection as a last resort. It makes financial sense for them to route everything via WiFi while it is available. Very clever, FP.
    Monthly billing cycle starts on day 3
  • 3rd Start - Brian Heslop3rd Start - Brian Heslop Posts: 29FreedomPop Newbie
    Mine arrived today after 7days. Now need to try to get app to work.
  • Jorge Jorge Posts: 3,387 admin
    @brian30 I've gone ahead and synched your account on our end, could you please attempt to update your PRL/Profile and keep us updated if you are still experiencing issues, thanks :+1:
  • cagstercagster Posts: 169FreedomPop Newbie ✭✭✭
    Mine arrived yesterday so took 1 week
  • Crunchie66Crunchie66 Posts: 20FreedomPop Newbie
    Mine arrived today. Five days. The status didn't advance to 'shipped' until after I received it.