Heads up to Paypal users. You can't use a FreedomPop sim for your Paypal log on security key

lovelyheadlovelyhead Posts: 4FreedomPop Newbie
As per the title really. You can enter your FreedomPop mobile number into the Paypal security key setup process but when Paypal send you a text message to the phone to confirm, you never receive the text message so you can never complete the process.

I have called Paypal twice to try and solve the problem but they were unable to help me, so it seems like the problem is on FreedomPop's end.

I have had to stick my old sim card in an old phone just to be able to log into Paypal securely. Very inconvenient.

Comments

• 3rd start - Kelvin Hill3rd start - Kelvin Hill Posts: 221FreedomPop Newbie, UK Pro ✭✭✭
    @lovelyhead. There is a way around this, but I'd be vilified for telling you.
    Monthly billing cycle starts on day 3
  • 1stJohn Arkley1stJohn Arkley Posts: 392FreedomPop Newbie ✭✭✭
    edited October 2015 #3
    I found this but used the other way to login
    Billing cycle starts ~ 1st of month
  • lovelyheadlovelyhead Posts: 4FreedomPop Newbie
    Care to elaborate?
    There is a option to login if you don't have phone handy. For me it was two security questions.
  • Fabrizio MartellucciFabrizio Martellucci Posts: 657FreedomPop Newbie, UK Pro ✭✭✭✭
    So far Facebook works for me (and allows multiple numbers,) but not twitter, good to know about PayPal, thank you, I'll keep using my other mobile number. Just a quick reminder that this service is new and still at the testing stage as they're finding the kinks, so best to avoid mission critical usage of it IMHO.
    Billing cycle 7th
  • TrailboyTrailboy Posts: 12FreedomPop Newbie
    PayPal's 2fa is a joke.

Using a security question to bypass makes it worthless.

Trailboy said:

PayPal's 2fa is a joke.

Using a security question to bypass makes it worthless.

That did cross my mind when I saw it!