Phones list with no issues or with issues installing the FP app ( UK only )

Fabrizio MartellucciFabrizio Martellucci Posts: 657FreedomPop Newbie, UK Pro ✭✭✭✭
edited October 2015 in Account Help #1
Since some people are having issues with installing the freedompop app @hchwskse suggested to start a thread.

Please start your post with no issues/issues
Your phone brand and model
Your OS and version so Android 4.4.4 or 5.1 iOS6/7/8/9 etc.
And list the problems you've had

If you have a workaround make sure to quote the previous poster ( if any ) who has had the same issue
Billing cycle 7th

Comments

• Fabrizio MartellucciFabrizio Martellucci Posts: 657FreedomPop Newbie, UK Pro ✭✭✭✭
    No issues
    Motorola Moto G Lte 1st gen
    Android 5.1
    Installed straight away from the Googleplay store
    Billing cycle 7th
  • 1stJohn Arkley1stJohn Arkley Posts: 392FreedomPop Newbie ✭✭✭
    fabyon said:

No issues
    Motorola Moto G Lte 1st gen
    Android 5.1

Same as you only moto g 1st 3g
    Only problem is missing calls, don't know if its phone or fp yet.
    Billing cycle starts ~ 1st of month
  • mhanburymhanbury Posts: 46FreedomPop Newbie
    No issues Nexus 5 Android 5.1.
  • Andrew GardnerAndrew Gardner Posts: 40FreedomPop Newbie ✭✭✭
    No issues
    OnePlus
    Android 5.1.1 (Cyanogenmod 12.1)
    Have had 1 received and 1 call out where I might as well been using a walkie Talkie, the other few occassions OK, but thats more to do with the joys of data coverage over a mobile
  • cagstercagster Posts: 169FreedomPop Newbie ✭✭✭
    edited October 2015 #6
    Few issues,
    Galaxy Note

carnt remember exact messages but wouldn't sync and said no mins to make call. Uninstalled and reinstalled app uploaded by forum user and was then ok

• ritsonritson Posts: 172FreedomPop Newbie ✭✭✭
    issues

moto g v2 3g
    android 5.0.2

when im out & about i will loose signal & i will have to reboot my phone i seem to have to do it a couple of times a day
    jason ritson 1st
    andrea ritson 6th
    adam ritson 12th
  • Fabrizio MartellucciFabrizio Martellucci Posts: 657FreedomPop Newbie, UK Pro ✭✭✭✭
    ritson said:

issues

moto g v2 3g
    android 5.0.2

when I'm out & about i will loose signal & i will have to reboot my phone i seem to have to do it a couple of times a day

You were able to install the app though, right ?
    Billing cycle 7th
  • ritsonritson Posts: 172FreedomPop Newbie ✭✭✭
    yeah app installed correctly on my moto g v2

my son has a moto g v3 with android 5.1.1 & everything works ok on that phone
    jason ritson 1st
    andrea ritson 6th
    adam ritson 12th
  • yodaofborgyodaofborg Posts: 20FreedomPop Newbie
    Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini.
    Cyanogenmod 11 (4.4.4)
    Installed from Play store, had problems with the App not syncing. Reset the phone to eliminate any app problems, installed again, no issues.
  • #123##123# Posts: 2FreedomPop Newbie
    Moto E first Generation with default Android 4.4.4

App installs fine

However with Wi-Fi calls the person at the other end hears their own voice (echo). In settings, "Echo canceller calibration" does not work.. premium voice works okay

Any one got Moto E first Generation with Android 5.x or CyanogenMod, does this work?

ZTE Blade (phone is too old but added anyway) with custom firmware android 4.1.2 (CyanogenMod 10 by daemond)
    Same as above
    #123# said:

Moto E first Generation with default Android 4.4.4

App installs fine

However with Wi-Fi calls the person at the other end hears their own voice (echo). In settings, "Echo canceller calibration" does not work.. premium voice works okay

Any one got Moto E first Generation with Android 5.x or CyanogenMod, does this work?

ZTE Blade (phone is too old but added anyway) with custom firmware android 4.1.2 (CyanogenMod 10 by daemond)
    Same as above

Calibration doesn't seem to work but echo cancellation ( just above that setting) should be ticked/checked. Add GSM codec and or G722 and see if that makes a difference.
    Billing cycle 7th
  • 3rd start - Kelvin Hill3rd start - Kelvin Hill Posts: 221FreedomPop Newbie, UK Pro ✭✭✭
    • OnePlus One with Android 5.02
    • No issues
    • I doubt echo canceller calibration works on any phone. It's just there to make you feel better.
    Monthly billing cycle starts on day 3

• OnePlus One with Android 5.02
    • No issues
    • I doubt echo canceller calibration works on any phone. It's just there to make you feel better.
    According to a post on the USA forum the echo calibration option stopped working after the latest app update. However echo cancellation might not work on some old ssmartphone namely ZTE ( old models ) because it hasn't got the hardware for that feature to work allegedly.
    Billing cycle 7th
  • 3rd start - Kelvin Hill3rd start - Kelvin Hill Posts: 221FreedomPop Newbie, UK Pro ✭✭✭
    edited October 2015 #15
    @Fabyon, a list is a great idea, but not when it becomes a sprawling trail of emails. It needs to be a single entry maintained by the person who starts it, so the discussion consists of just one post containing the list of devices. I don't think people will be prepared to scroll endlessly through posts in the hope of finding a match for their phone.

I think we need a table of phones that work OK, and also a list of phones that don't. My kids have a couple of old Huawei Blaze phones (sold a while back by Phones4U) and it isn't possible to install the app, even when the phone is rooted.

Important: The post should request that people email/private message the post owner with their phone and status rather than add new posts to the end. That way, the post owner can edit their post and add the new information. Are you up for that, or shall I do it?
    GOOD PHONES
    Phone Issues
    OnePlus One No observed problems
    Moto G 2nd gen No observed problems
    BAD PHONES
    Phone Issues
    Huwaei Blaze Unable to install FP app (even on rooted phone)
  • David GriggsDavid Griggs Posts: 46FreedomPop Newbie
    Samsung S5 running 5.0- no issues other than duplicated contacts within the freedompop app.
    The contacts were all deleted & reinstalled since no further problems.

@Fabyon, a list is a great idea, but not when it becomes a sprawling trail of emails. It needs to be a single entry maintained by the person who starts it, so the discussion consists of just one post containing the list of devices. I don't think people will be prepared to scroll endlessly through posts in the hope of finding a match for their phone.

I think we need a table of phones that work OK, and also a list of phones that don't. My kids have a couple of old Huawei Blaze phones (sold a while back by Phones4U) and it isn't possible to install the app, even when the phone is rooted.

Important: The post should request that people email/private message the post owner with their phone and status rather than add new posts to the end. That way, the post owner can edit their post and add the new information. Are you up for that, or shall I do it?

Excellent idea, people can add to this thread and you update your table on another thread which becomes a sticky with no more posts added to it, so you use my thread as your source to update your table. Go ahead and ask Jorge to put your table in a new thread as a sticky, you could call it Mobile Phones Compatibility Status or something like that. :D
    Billing cycle 7th
  • uktaximanuktaximan Posts: 9FreedomPop Newbie ✭✭✭
    Samsung A3 with Android 5.02

No issues
    @Fabyon. Fair enough, but it will probably need to wait until I return from my half-term break to the Lake District with the kids. Can't do much when I'm climbing a mountain.
  • 1stJohn Arkley1stJohn Arkley Posts: 392FreedomPop Newbie ✭✭✭
    New version of the app is out.
    Billing cycle starts ~ 1st of month
    John. said:

New version of the app is out.

Yes updated mine already ;)
    Billing cycle 7th
  • Clive CarterClive Carter Posts: 2FreedomPop Newbie
    Huawei Y330. android 4.2
    Manual login to app. All works great over wifi. 3 Network very poor where I live, so not able to test that yet.