Can you app before SIM arrives?

SolomonSolomon Posts: 208FreedomPop Newbie
I haven't yet had my Freedompop SIM, but in the meantime I've tried to install the app on my cheap dual sim chinese android 4.4 phone.
I get a message from Google play saying that the app isn't compatible with my phone.
So I tried to install it on my wife's Moto G . Same result.
I've read other postings in the forum saying that Freedompop works fine with Moto G. So the only thing I can think of is that maybe I need to get the sim first before I can install the app.
Is this so?
Now I'm a bit worried that I won't be able to install the app when I get the SIM.
I didn't know that Google Play can check what SIM you have, although I notice it does have a carrier listed against both my and my wife's phones.

Comments

• 1stJohn Arkley1stJohn Arkley Posts: 392FreedomPop Newbie ✭✭✭
    I put it on my moto g before the SimSim arrived then I fire stopped it until I had the Sim
    Billing cycle starts ~ 1st of month
  • Fabrizio MartellucciFabrizio Martellucci Posts: 657FreedomPop Newbie, UK Pro ✭✭✭✭
  • SolomonSolomon Posts: 208FreedomPop Newbie
    Google Play won't let me put it in my moto G.
    It tells me
    This app is incompatible with all of your devices.

I haven't tried sideloading.

How did you load it John?
  • 1stJohn Arkley1stJohn Arkley Posts: 392FreedomPop Newbie ✭✭✭
    edited October 2015 #5
    I just went to play store and download it.
    Moto g 1st gen running lollipop. I am rooted, but that shouldn't change anything. Strange....

Billing cycle starts ~ 1st of month
    Strange indeed.
    I'll try again when I get the SIM, when I get back to London. You never know, it might make a difference.
  • Fabrizio MartellucciFabrizio Martellucci Posts: 657FreedomPop Newbie, UK Pro ✭✭✭✭
    Solomon said:

Strange indeed.
    I'll try again when I get the SIM, when I get back to London. You never know, it might make a difference.

Totally bizarre, fingers crossed it works once you get your sim, make sure you power down your phone when you insert the new sim.

Billing cycle 7th
    I'm in London now with the SIM in my phone.
    Removed both SIMs from my phone, (Android ) inserted Freedomop SIM, activated data.

BUT, as I feared, Freedompop does not appear in play store.

I'll have to figure out how to sideload it.
    I sideloaded the file someone posted recently. Works fine.

Now, how do I get the recently updated version..... ?

Given the issues of getting the Freedompop app from Google Play (I don't think I'm the first to have this problem by any means), I think Freedompop should post the APK file themselves and not depend on people extracting the file and sharing it.