Unable to connect to Three mobile network today.

TrailboyTrailboy Posts: 12FreedomPop Newbie
edited October 2015 in Account Help #1
All afternoon today (Sun 11th October), the FreedomPOP SIM is unable to connect to the three mobile network.

The FreedomPOP app times out and gives an error message when trying to connect. The mobile strength indicator has the exclamation mark. This isn't a general Three network fault as I have a Three SIM also.

This is in the South Wales Valleys area.

As soon as I connect to a wifi signal, everything is back to normal.

Anybody else suffer this?

Comments

• nigel610nigel610 Posts: 9FreedomPop Newbie
    YES ME
  • 1stJohn Arkley1stJohn Arkley Posts: 392FreedomPop Newbie ✭✭✭
    I have but I was out of town so just thought it was a dead spot.
    Billing cycle starts ~ 1st of month
  • Fabrizio MartellucciFabrizio Martellucci Posts: 657FreedomPop Newbie, UK Pro ✭✭✭✭
    Sorry I put mine on wifi for the day and didn't spot the fault.
    Billing cycle 7th
  • Linas SipilaLinas Sipila Posts: 13FreedomPop Newbie
    Last Sunday was also a disaster for me. App couldn't connect for second part of the day on both data and wifi. And not for long if it did.
  • mhanburymhanbury Posts: 46FreedomPop Newbie
    I had an issue today 3g data fine but I missed several receive calls which did not ring the mobile although the caller said they heard a ringtone and assumed that the mobile was ringing. The messaging application only reported an issue when I attempted account synchronisation. Even force stop and restarting didn't fix it but 3 hours later it's deregistered. Would be good though if callers would get a cannot connect message when the calls not connected instead of a standard ringtone.
    I get that often, support said it might be SIP not reacting fast enough but they didn't give me anymore help.
  • cagstercagster Posts: 169FreedomPop Newbie ✭✭✭
    edited October 2015 #8
    Sounds like for the time being you need to use the number on the SIM or another provideRs second SIM. This really does need to be sorted out as a matter or urgency by Freedompop and someone from their side should be following up with you and doing some proactive investigation
    cagster said:

Sounds like for the time being you need to use the number on the SIM or another provideRs second SIM. This really does need to be sorted out as a matter or urgency by Freedompop and someone from their side should be following up with you and doing some proactive investigation

Testing the last couple of days and it seems to be fine for me at the moment.
  • mhanburymhanbury Posts: 46FreedomPop Newbie
    Still have the same issue today on WIFI no problem but as soon as I switch to 3g even with a strong 3g signal the messaging app just gets stuck registering for push notifications and I cannot make or receive any calls/texts. I've emailed support today.
  • Fabrizio MartellucciFabrizio Martellucci Posts: 657FreedomPop Newbie, UK Pro ✭✭✭✭
    I'm only getting HSPA but London is oversubscribed for the Three network in checking the coverage map it tells me that indoor signal might be sketchy, but I was happy to read that they're going to start work on the 15th at my local mast, hopefully expanding capacity, well I can live in hope ! LOL I used to get HSPA+ and 4G with no problems just a few months ago with a SIM I got from Three.

So in doing some speed tests, I get during daytime from 1mb to 5mb downloads and in the middle of the night I was able to reach almost 20Mb so it's just a question of how many people are latching unto that mast really.
    Billing cycle 7th