Call Error message every time!

taotao Posts: 5FreedomPop Newbie
Anyone getting message 'Call Error: there was an error placing the call to [number]. Please check the dialed number for errors and try again.' Everytime you attempt to make a call? Also not accepting calls in.

Seems to be set-up OK because it sends/receives texts.

Best Answers

Answers

• taotao Posts: 5FreedomPop Newbie
    edited October 2015 #4
    Thanks for your responses guys. Changing the CODEC has worked!

For info. to anyone experiencing the same problem. When you go into Audio in Messaging, as well as ticking the OPUS codec, make sure you manually untick any of the others that are already ticked. If you just tick OPUS and leave the other ticked it seems to jump back to the original.
    Post edited by tao on
  • Fabrizio MartellucciFabrizio Martellucci Posts: 657FreedomPop Newbie, UK Pro ✭✭✭✭
    It should be only Opus and PCMU or PCMA (one is less processor intensive. I believe Opus is for mobile and PCMU is for landlines ...more technically minded people will explain it better. I'm off the net for this evening lol
    Billing cycle 7th
  • Jack VincettJack Vincett Posts: 1FreedomPop Newbie
    hello, I believe I have this issue, I have logged this with support 4 times! yes correct 4 times and I get an automated response everytime, which is extremely frustrating! please can someone help!
  • Sandra Mihaela SuciuSandra Mihaela Suciu Posts: 1FreedomPop Newbie
    Hello! I have the same problem... The audio codecs are correctly selected and I still can't make any calls. No problems on the receiving part or texts
  • Lucas LangeLucas Lange Posts: 10FreedomPop Newbie
    I'm having this ridiculous issue, AGAIN. If it's not this issue, then it's often an issue where it says "CALLING..." with no errors, but never actually dials/rings as it just freezes at the step immediately before actually placing the call. I'm always updating Profile and PRL, which does not resolve these particular issues. The only thing that resolves these issues for me is:
    1) Go into Settings -> Application Manager
    2) Select the "Messaging" app
    3) Tap "FORCE STOP"
    4) Tap "CLEAR DATA"
    5) Try placing a call again and this kicks off the FreedomPop Setup process "Locating user for device"
    6) Finally, try placing call again
    7) Phone call works

A couple things wrong here:
    1) One is that I have to do this often, and it is RIDICULOUS
    2) The other problem is that tapping "CLEAR DATA" for the Messaging app, results in erasing all text messages (and maybe other stuff too)
  • BlueCrystalBlueCrystal Posts: 2FreedomPop Newbie
    I can't make a call no matter what I try. I've used every step suggested on the site and here, and nothing works. If I don't hear from support within the next day or two I'll have to go back to my old carrier. It shouldn't be this difficult.