Data usage reported in 6Mb chunks

Fabrizio MartellucciFabrizio Martellucci Posts: 657FreedomPop Newbie, UK Pro ✭✭✭✭
edited October 2015 in Account Help #1
I've noticed a pattern that all the data usage is reported in chunks of 6Mb if anything less is used then it will take UP TO 3 hours to register into the system for it to be shown.
Billing cycle 7th
Post edited by Fabrizio Martellucci on

Comments

• 3rd start - Kelvin Hill3rd start - Kelvin Hill Posts: 221FreedomPop Newbie, UK Pro ✭✭✭
    @fabyon, is the same true when you perform a "Sync Account Data" within the FreedomPop app? Doesn't that register it immediately?
    Monthly billing cycle starts on day 3
  • Fabrizio MartellucciFabrizio Martellucci Posts: 657FreedomPop Newbie, UK Pro ✭✭✭✭

@fabyon, is the same true when you perform a "Sync Account Data" within the FreedomPop app? Doesn't that register it immediately?

I didn't check that but you can see in your account how the data is presented by their system, so that would explain why it can take up to 3 hours to be accounted for.

Billing cycle 7th
  • 3rd start - Kelvin Hill3rd start - Kelvin Hill Posts: 221FreedomPop Newbie, UK Pro ✭✭✭
    @Fabyon, I have just checked my wife's account, and she has lost multiple blocks of 6MB of data today, too. It's strange; no one else in our family group of five SIMs has experienced that yet. Also, the timings are arbitrary. I wonder what could be causing that?
    Having just quizzed my wife on her data usage, she confessed to using Instagram and Facebook. I suspect FP is just reporting the usage in convenient chunks of 6MB. Thinking about it, it is quite reasonable. When you access web pages, data is consumed during the download of each page (with all its images). It would be ludicrous to list EVERY page in the usage report (especially if there were hundreds of a few KB each), so I suspect they must be reporting every time another block of 6MB has been used within a short space of time. If less than 6MB is used within a 3-hour period, they need to report something, so they report to the nearest MB.
  • Fabrizio MartellucciFabrizio Martellucci Posts: 657FreedomPop Newbie, UK Pro ✭✭✭✭
    Exactly it, and did you get your family to use Opera Max ( the app NOT the browser ) at the end as it compresses usage for instagram, youtube and other apps ? Basically you can save up to 40% of data usage but on average it's around 15% which is still not bad imho.
    Billing cycle 7th
    Ah! I totally forgot to add that to my family's phones. I sorted out compression on my own two weeks ago, but not theirs. Good call! I will do so tonight! Thx.