Almost useless without number port in!

MrXTMrXT Posts: 91FreedomPop Newbie
Freedompop sort this out!. This service is near useless without the ability to bring our existing numbers to freedompop, i dont want to call or text people on a new number that no one has and i certainly dont want to lose the number iv had for over 10 years. Work on this please.

Comments

• 1stJohn Arkley1stJohn Arkley Posts: 392FreedomPop Newbie ✭✭✭
    edited October 2015 #2
    I'm using call divert to divert to the number on the fp sim at the moment and have a dual SIM adapter to check texts now and then as texts don't divert.
    Billing cycle starts ~ 1st of month
  • cagstercagster Posts: 169FreedomPop Newbie ✭✭✭
    Who pays for the call divert and what does it cost John ?
    edited October 2015 #4
    cagster said:

Well I'm diverting from 3 payg ( very few payg tariffs allow it). So it will cost me 3p min, off my 3 credit. Not many call me so it's acceptable.
  • Jorge Jorge Posts: 3,380 admin
    @MrXT The ability to port a number is still in the works guys, sorry about any inconvenience this has caused on your end.
  • 3rd start - Kelvin Hill3rd start - Kelvin Hill Posts: 221FreedomPop Newbie, UK Pro ✭✭✭
    The absence of number porting is definitely an inconvenience, but IMO FP's Basic 200 plan (plus maybe a couple of add-ons) more than makes up for the inconvenience. I'm prepared to keep my existing SIM working in an old phone for the time being. If it turns out that number porting isn't viable (due to FP using VOIP), I'll just deal with it and ditch the number I've maintained for 15 years. It's not the end of the world. It will mean contacting about 100 people and changing a few websites, but it's just a number after all; it's not a deal-breaker for me.
    Monthly billing cycle starts on day 3
  • George07George07 Posts: 4FreedomPop Newbie
    John. said:

cagster said:

Well I'm diverting from 3 payg ( very few payg tariffs allow it). So it will cost me 3p min, off my 3 credit. Not many call me so it's acceptable.
    3 lets me divert to hullomail and landlines, but not to my FP number. How did you set it up?
    George07 said:

John. said:

cagster said:

3 lets me divert to hullomail and landlines, but not to my FP number. How did you set it up?
    It only works with the number on the SIM
  • yodaofborgyodaofborg Posts: 20FreedomPop Newbie
    Number porting should not be an issue due to it being a VOIP service, many other UK VOIP providers already have this feature (ring central, Vonage, etc). I suspect its just an issue while freedom pop work stuff out on their end, and obviously this service is still in beta. So it may be a little inconvenience for now, but in my own opinion well worth the wait.