New Plan " Premium 500 " added, making it 4 plans to choose from

Fabrizio MartellucciFabrizio Martellucci Posts: 657FreedomPop Newbie, UK Pro ✭✭✭✭
I've just spotted that another plan ' Premium 500 ' has been added.

500 mins, 500 texts, 500 Mb for £4.99; no mention of Premium voice being thrown in like the other two premium plans ? So maybe it should be called Basic 500 ?
Billing cycle 7th

Comments

• 3rd start - Kelvin Hill3rd start - Kelvin Hill Posts: 221FreedomPop Newbie, UK Pro ✭✭✭
    @fabyon. Sharp intake of breath. FP is offering the Basic 500 package available to U.S. customers for FREE for a very generous £5 to us Brits? As I say, sharp intake of breath.

As a matter of principle, I find myself less than excited about this new offering.
    Monthly billing cycle starts on day 3
  • MrXTMrXT Posts: 91FreedomPop Newbie
    Its okay but id prefer a more data oriented plan as i use mostly data with whatsapp messages and calls now rather than texts and mins. The market is shifting in my opinion its just cheaper to send stuff over the internet than over the the mobile network.
  • mhanburymhanbury Posts: 46FreedomPop Newbie
    I agree this package needs to offer a better data allowance for £4.99 or be offered at a lower price point to make it more attractive say £2.99.
  • Ali Ali Posts: 6,735FreedomPop Master, Test Role, iOS Master ✭✭✭✭✭
    @beyondperukelvin Here in the states, the Sprint network (equivalent in size and proportional to number of subscribers of Three) is cheaper to operate a network off of which is why users get more data allowances, but in the United Kingdom Three is charging FreedomPop much more than they should for their rates per subscriber.
  • Fabrizio MartellucciFabrizio Martellucci Posts: 657FreedomPop Newbie, UK Pro ✭✭✭✭
    Any idea why it's called premium as it doesn't seem to have premium voice included ? @Ali
    Billing cycle 7th
  • Ali Ali Posts: 6,735FreedomPop Master, Test Role, iOS Master ✭✭✭✭✭
    @fabyon Basically anything paid is considered a Premium plan since FP is "freemium". In the states when FreedomPop started it used to be that FreedomPop had LTE only plans for hotspots, so hotspots that needed 3G access couldn't get it with the free plan, and any Premium plan included 3G access which is why it was called Premium.

Later on they decided to have phone service, so they just kept the names of the plans even though phones got 4G and 3G for free, and basically anything that wasn't free was considered a Premium plan.

When they expanded to the UK, same thing happened and so now that's why they call it Premium!
  • 1stJohn Arkley1stJohn Arkley Posts: 392FreedomPop Newbie ✭✭✭
    edited October 2015 #8
    The system needs to be simplified. The average person thinks you get a bit of data a bit of text and a bit of phone for free when really you don't get any phone (only voip) unless you pay extra and even then its only out going.

Don't get me wrong, I am very happy. Just saying it should be made clear what you get or it just looks underhand.
    Billing cycle starts ~ 1st of month
  • MrXTMrXT Posts: 91FreedomPop Newbie
    Ali said:

@beyondperukelvin Here in the states, the Sprint network (equivalent in size and proportional to number of subscribers of Three) is cheaper to operate a network off of which is why users get more data allowances, but in the United Kingdom Three is charging FreedomPop much more than they should for their rates per subscriber.

Would it not have been possible to make the deal with EE? they have a much much better signal all over the country and they have a million times better 4g signal than three does.
  • Fabrizio MartellucciFabrizio Martellucci Posts: 657FreedomPop Newbie, UK Pro ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2015 #10
    Well by the press releases back in June, it was assumed that fp was going multi-network to increase stability/choice/coverage, I don't know if X-mobility was proposing that to them or if they were trying to have a multi approach and then stuck with them.

When I read up on the x-mobility website I don't understand if they're the official aggregator of Three network or if they're actually owned by them. Unless they're independent and started with Three and will eventually add other networks. Sorry thinking out loud here...
    Billing cycle 7th
  • gnfgnf Posts: 64FreedomPop Newbie
    I tried to sign up again today, I was having trouble getting authenticated a couple of weeks ago so gave it a rest.
    I can't see the Premium 500 (UK) plan. Is this only available as an upgrade once I've activated?

Thanks.
  • Rich Sias (16th)Rich Sias (16th) Posts: 3,282FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, FreedomPop Expert ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, the Premium Voice is an add on service to an existing account.
    Sometimes in the States its offered in a bundle with a phone from FP.
    Be my Valentine ZTE, Victory, LG Volt, 803S, & 4 SIMs

Yes, the Premium Voice is an add on service to an existing account.
    Sometimes in the States its offered in a bundle with a phone from FP.

Gnf meant the premium 500 plan not premium voice.

Yes select the free plan then hopefully the three other plans will show up and you can pick the one more suited to your usage @gnf , hopefully.

Billing cycle 7th
  • gnfgnf Posts: 64FreedomPop Newbie
    fabyon, you are right. Thanks.

All three Premium UK plans are showing up in my list of available plans and it is clear that the Premium 500 does not include Premium Voice. That's fine by me as I can get my head round the techie stuff.

Not being funny, but the UK plans are so different to the ones over the pond, yet use some of the same words, that experienced FreedomPop members have to be careful when replying to new UK users who may not realise when advice is not appropriate for the UK.

GNF
    It's all new for all of us so it can get confusing I'm glad I could help and I know that Rich was being helpful too. :)
    Billing cycle 7th