Trouble receiving calls

fluffykitfluffykit Posts: 8FreedomPop Newbie
I can receive calls when the Wi-Fi is on but not when using mobile data. This is fine if I am at home but I need to get calls when I am shopping.
I can ring out fine using either mobile data or Wi-Fi. Am I doing something wrong with my settings or....

Comments

• ritsonritson Posts: 172FreedomPop Newbie ✭✭✭
    do you have "restrict background data" knocked on?
    i did & i had the same problem as you for the first couple of days
    jason ritson 1st
    andrea ritson 6th
    adam ritson 12th
  • fluffykitfluffykit Posts: 8FreedomPop Newbie
    No, it's not on. Took me a couple of minutes to find that out, no idea where anything is on this phone.
  • Fabrizio MartellucciFabrizio Martellucci Posts: 657FreedomPop Newbie, UK Pro ✭✭✭✭
    That's so strange as you're able to call out using data. Have you updated the fp messenger app as there's an update that was released today. Just in case that update might fix some issues, worth a try, I guess.
    Billing cycle 7th
    Yep, updated that today before posting on here. I really am trying everything, lol, but nothing works.
    Thanks for the ideas though.
  • yodaofborgyodaofborg Posts: 20FreedomPop Newbie
    I've had a few people not able to ring me when out and about too. My only solution at this time is to use a secondary app like viber or whatsapp so if someone tries to call and they cannot connect they can pop me a message/ring with that app.

Its not a big issue for me, if it was I wouldn't be using this service as my primary contact number. It is still a beta service and may not suit everyone as a prime time replacement for a real contract/pyg service.

Just one question though, are you using the premium voice trial/service? This may explain why you are able to make out going calls even if you are in a low 3G/2G data area.
  • Fabrizio MartellucciFabrizio Martellucci Posts: 657FreedomPop Newbie, UK Pro ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2015 #7
    fluffykit said:

Yep, updated that today before posting on here. I really am trying everything, lol, but nothing works.
    Thanks for the ideas though.

So sorry it's not working @yodaofborg might be on to something here, when you ring out using data does it say "directing the call to Premium Calls services" it appears briefly so you blink and miss it to be honest but do check next time.

Post edited by Fabrizio Martellucci on
    Billing cycle 7th
    As far as I know I am not using the premium voice thingie. I did cancel it on the order sim page and in the app too.
    I was hoping to only carry 1 phone with me rather than 2 but guess that'll wait!
    Fast forward to today and now no calls can be received. I have both Wi-Fi and mobile data switched on and I even took the phone out with me to try and get a better signal.
    Any ideas guys?
  • 1stJohn Arkley1stJohn Arkley Posts: 392FreedomPop Newbie ✭✭✭
    Try downloading push notification fixer from the play store.
    Billing cycle starts ~ 1st of month
    Okay I have downloaded that, set the permissions and still no luck. Can't even get a text message now. Oh joy.
  • 1stJohn Arkley1stJohn Arkley Posts: 392FreedomPop Newbie ✭✭✭
    Have you double checked that push notifications are ticked in the freedompop app settings? After that I've ran out of ideas.
    Billing cycle starts ~ 1st of month
    Thanks for your help anyway. Yes the settings are all correct.
  • Jorge Jorge Posts: 3,387 admin
    Thank you, that seems to have sorted it. I synched the account and touch wood everything works.
  • kwookwoo Posts: 3FreedomPop Newbie
    I have been having similar problems with the service and noticed that incoming calls are not received when the phone screen is off (for example after 5 mins of inactivity). The caller will have a ringtone but the Freedompop phone does not ring! If I switch the phone screen back on; the incoming call will be received. And if the phone screen goes off again; the incoming call cannot go through.

I have no problems calling or texting out from the Freedompop phone; either via mobile data or wi-fi.

I have also recently updated the Freedompop Messenger app and synced the account; but that did not help.

Any suggestions will be appreciated!
  • yodaofborgyodaofborg Posts: 20FreedomPop Newbie
    kwoo, a few more details might help us help you :)

What phone do you have and what version of Android/iOS are you running?
    I was wondering if your phone switches off background connection activity when the screen is off ...
    Billing cycle 7th
    @kwoo Please attempt the following steps as I have refreshed your account on our end: Open the Messaging app, and tap "Messaging" in the top left-hand corner. Tap "Sync Account Data." This will re-sync the app with your FreedomPop account.
    Thank you all for chipping in to help. I have a Huawei Ascend Y330 running on Android 4.2.2; enable always-on mobile data is ticked, FP Messenger app is a protected app, with no background data restriction and allowed to run automatically after start up as well as pushing messages to the notification panel. I have also set the call setting to use internet calling.

Jorge - thank you for refreshing my account but the phone stalls when I try to 'sync account data'. I have to remove and then reinstall the FP Messenger app for it to work again.

Help!
    P/S Jorge - I managed to 're-sync' over wifi but still no joy.