Fp messenger app update (thanks John for spotting it)

Fabrizio MartellucciFabrizio Martellucci Posts: 657FreedomPop Newbie, UK Pro ✭✭✭✭
The Fp messenger app has had an update today Sun 18 Oct.

According to the log on the app details :

WHAT'S NEW

Version 18.04.394.1015
- Fixed the Echo Cancellation Calibration
- Allow user to log in when UK SIM card is not recognized by App
- Improved push notification for text and incoming calls by adding heartbeat
- Minor UI/UX updates
- Minor bug fixes

Tried the echo cancellation calibration and it doesn't seem to do anything for me.
Billing cycle 7th

Comments

• 1stJohn Arkley1stJohn Arkley Posts: 392FreedomPop Newbie ✭✭✭
    The echo thing isn't fixed for me either and I'm still missing incoming calls. It seems it's the same version with a different number :/
    Billing cycle starts ~ 1st of month
  • Alex WalesAlex Wales Posts: 68FreedomPop Newbie
    The manual login is potentially useful... you can now install and run the app on a phone that doesn't have the FP sim in it.

I have just tested it with my current phone (with 3 sim in it, until the credit runs out), and have successfully sent a sms from the FP app to my mobile, and then successfully replied (mobile to FP app).
    I would guess it would work with voice calls made from the app too.
    I would also guess that it wouldn't work with data, as that doesn't go through the app in the same way.

(off topic: my FP sim is in my old Huawei Y300 at the moment. The app is very flaky, often not starting up, and not pushing sms very well. Data is OK, not tried voice)
  • SolomonSolomon Posts: 207FreedomPop Newbie
    Can Freedompop please post the APK file for those whose Google Play account is playing silly-buggers.
    My comment disappeared, apparently.
    Can Freedompop please post the APK file of this new version, so that the people who have problems with Google Play can install it.
  • Fabrizio MartellucciFabrizio Martellucci Posts: 657FreedomPop Newbie, UK Pro ✭✭✭✭
    Alex Lyne said:

The manual login is potentially useful... you can now install and run the app on a phone that doesn't have the FP sim in it.

I have just tested it with my current phone (with 3 sim in it, until the credit runs out), and have successfully sent a sms from the FP app to my mobile, and then successfully replied (mobile to FP app).
    I would guess it would work with voice calls made from the app too.
    I would also guess that it wouldn't work with data, as that doesn't go through the app in the same way.

(off topic: my FP sim is in my old Huawei Y300 at the moment. The app is very flaky, often not starting up, and not pushing sms very well. Data is OK, not tried voice)

Good to know, useful for tablets when one wants to send a quick text instead of grabbing the phone, you're doing it through wi-fi !
    Billing cycle 7th
    Won't run on my tablet, presumably because it hasn't got a sim. Just get a prompt to install the free calls & text app, that's useless.
  • Fabrizio MartellucciFabrizio Martellucci Posts: 657FreedomPop Newbie, UK Pro ✭✭✭✭
    John. said:

Won't run on my tablet, presumably because it hasn't got a sim. Just get a prompt to install the free calls & text app, that's useless.

Shame :(
    Billing cycle 7th
    John. said:

I haven't had any time to experiment with what I found. Could be that as I had a 3 sim already, then it was able to negotiate over that, maybe it wouldn't work if I had another operator sim in...
    John. said:

What else did you expect it to do?
    Solomon said:

John. said:

What else did you expect it to do?
    I expected it to do what it did. I tried it because of the previous comments.
  • salvadorfreemansonsalvadorfreemanson Posts: 64FreedomPop Newbie ✭✭✭
    fabyon said:

The Fp messenger app has had an update today Sun 18 Oct.

According to the log on the app details :

WHAT'S NEW

Version 18.04.394.1015
    -
    - Allow user to log in when UK SIM card is not recognized by App

I've tried the update on a friend's mobile (Google play won't let me install or update the app), but I couldn't see how to log on manually.
    How do you do it?
    When you load it up, there is a message that says it can't find the fp SIM (or something like that). There are two buttons, manual log in, or close. Make the right choice ;-)

What I have found I'd that the fp app does take over the phone dialer, so I have to force close the app in order to make standard calls on my 3 SIM.
    Alex Lyne said:

When you load it up, there is a message that says it can't find the fp SIM (or something like that). There are two buttons, manual log in, or close. Make the right choice ;-)

What I have found I'd that the fp app does take over the phone dialer, so I have to force close the app in order to make standard calls on my 3 SIM.

If I switch SIM to my 3 one I can't receive texts if I have fp set as default. So now I just don't and everything is fine.