Issue receiving SMSs from dual sims on FP Messenger App

BuryBury Posts: 8FreedomPop Newbie
Having an issue with a dual sim phone receiving SMSs from both sims using the FP Messenger App.
I have FP sim in primary slot and Tesco sim in secondary. Using FP Messenger app I can call out voice on either sim and receive SMSs sent to FP sim, but any Tesco targetted SMS are never received.
The native SMS app is also confusingly called Messenger but a nag message using FP tells me I must use the FP Messenger app by default. You are forced into one or the other. FP Technical are supposed to be investigating but nothing heard after 4 days.

Anyone any ideas?

Comments

• 1stJohn Arkley1stJohn Arkley Posts: 392FreedomPop Newbie ✭✭✭
    You aren't forced to set fp as default. If you don't you will get your tesco texts fine, and for text still go to fp app.
    Billing cycle starts ~ 1st of month
  • 3rd Start - Brian Heslop3rd Start - Brian Heslop Posts: 29FreedomPop Newbie
    I'd just ignored the request to set FP messenger as default, so can receive texts from the EE sim in the second slot.
  • BuryBury Posts: 8FreedomPop Newbie
    John, Brian 30. If I use my native phone messaging app, will i receive sms messages sent to both tesco and fp numbers? I know I can try but just haven't yet. I want to avoid having to keep switching apps if possible. Thanks
  • 1stJohn Arkley1stJohn Arkley Posts: 392FreedomPop Newbie ✭✭✭
    edited October 2015 #5
    All freedompop traffic has to and will only go through the fp app. So you have to have the normal Android sms app and fp app, just don't set fp as default.
    Billing cycle starts ~ 1st of month