[Open] Cannot change to Free Price Plan

Chris PritchardChris Pritchard Posts: 90FreedomPop Newbie ✭✭✭
There is no option for me to select the Free Price plan - i'm only given the options of changing from the £8.99 plan to other paid plans. Am I missing something?

#TalkIsCheapUK

Comments

• Fabrizio MartellucciFabrizio Martellucci Posts: 657FreedomPop Newbie, UK Pro ✭✭✭✭
    Aren't you able to downgrade your current plan in " details and plan management " ? The free plan should show there if I'm not wrong...
    Billing cycle 7th
  • Fabrizio MartellucciFabrizio Martellucci Posts: 657FreedomPop Newbie, UK Pro ✭✭✭✭
    Otherwise raise a ticket in support so that they can do it at their end before your new billing cycle starts.
    Billing cycle 7th
  • Rich Sias (16th)Rich Sias (16th) Posts: 3,338FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, FreedomPop Expert ✭✭✭✭✭
    When all is downgraded the default background plan is the free one.
    Be my Valentine ZTE, Victory, LG Volt, 803S, & 4 SIMs
  • cagstercagster Posts: 169FreedomPop Newbie ✭✭✭
    edited October 2015 #5
    @Chris Pritchard Were you able to downgrade yourself via the website ? Or did you have to contact support to do this ?
  • 1stJohn Arkley1stJohn Arkley Posts: 392FreedomPop Newbie ✭✭✭
    I'd like to know this too. If I can downgrade easily I might take another SIM at the £1.99 price.
    Billing cycle starts ~ 1st of month
  • Rich Sias (16th)Rich Sias (16th) Posts: 3,338FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, FreedomPop Expert ✭✭✭✭✭
    Theoretically one should be able to do their own downgrades. Many report success.
    But there are just too many people that try to click the "downgrade here" link and it does not work right and so they end up on forum or calling customer services for assistance in downgrading.

I say go for it! If downgrade link is non functional. Use forum here to contact an admin. Probably take 1-2 business days to fix, but you don't sit on hold for 1 to 4 hours waiting for someone to help you. Then they struggle with the script and cannot find the one to assist you. Fudge another hold!
    Be my Valentine ZTE, Victory, LG Volt, 803S, & 4 SIMs
    I think you're better off raising a ticket in support at least you've got a date when you requested the downgrade, even if you're just the day before and they charge the day after for the new billing cycle, you can always ask for a refund saying that they weren't quick enough and had the downgrade link worked you wouldn't be in that predicament.

@John. Have you tried the downgrade link ?
    Billing cycle 7th
  • 1stJohn Arkley1stJohn Arkley Posts: 392FreedomPop Newbie ✭✭✭
    I've never been upgraded so never looked for downgrading
    Billing cycle starts ~ 1st of month
  • salvadorfreemansonsalvadorfreemanson Posts: 64FreedomPop Newbie ✭✭✭
    It worked for me. I had to try a couple of times and re-enter the password etc.
    John. said:

I've never been upgraded so never looked for downgrading

Sorry John I meant @Chris Pritchard
    Billing cycle 7th
  • Susan EllisSusan Ellis Posts: 3FreedomPop Newbie
    I downgraded to the basic package yesterday and I think I used the details and plan management button as on Chris's image. Today on my home page the basic package is indeed in operation. Fortunately due to Freedom friends the 200 mb data allowance has been topped up to 400 :)
    Annoyingly yesterday I also received an email to my other address offering the waiving of the £5.00 connection fee if I joined up in the next 48 hours ! Why wasn't this offered to the first Beta testers ?
  • Kelvin71Kelvin71 Posts: 3FreedomPop Newbie
    Hi ordered this sim by mistake now need help downgrading tried everything as on search engine is this a con or something to get£5 a month out of you anyway please help had only heard good things about company before this