Unfair price drop

1stJohn Arkley1stJohn Arkley Posts: 392FreedomPop Newbie ✭✭✭
edited October 2015 in Account Help #1
I know some of use got Sims for the postage but must off US, including me had to pay £6.99 with postage.

Today I go on Facebook and see a advert saying get a SIM for £1.99 ( free just the postage) So I've had to pay what would have got me about 8 months of service from 3 for a very hit and miss first few weeks of freedompop

Must be facebook offer, when I clicked from the add it was £1.99 when I go manually it's £6.99.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwUwkxysnCftQkgwV01mY3Jvenc/view?usp=docslist_api
Billing cycle starts ~ 1st of month
Post edited by 1stJohn Arkley on

Comments

• salvadorfreemansonsalvadorfreemanson Posts: 64FreedomPop Newbie ✭✭✭
    Why do you feel the price drop is unfair?
    You thought £7 was a good deal a couple of weeks ago. So you got yourself a good deal, although as you say the service is rather sporadic.
    £2 is a better deal.
    Same thing happens in supermarkets, computer stores, furniture stores etc. You buy somehting for one price and the next week it gets knocked down on a special offer.
    Just take advantage of the deal and buy yourself another FP sim. Make sure the billing cycle is different from your current billing cycle, so you can gift yourself unused data capacity. You never know, FP might let you gift it back and forward between the two accounts until it all gets used up.
  • cagstercagster Posts: 169FreedomPop Newbie ✭✭✭
    edited October 2015 #3
    Because people trialling it out and providing feedback could reasonably expect to receive some incentive rather than pay more.
    Is it easy and possible to immediately downgrade from premium 1G trial to basic via the web site ?

Worryingly it prefills my credit card details and address, that IMO means the information is not secured.
    I downgraded mine because I'm out of the country until the end of my billing period. The process went through without any problem. Now I've just ordered a second sim card for my partner at the new low price. Worryingly, my card details were all held and the site didn't go through the Visa Secure or any other security process.
    It's obviously done so FP can take payment for top ups and excess use, but I still don't feel comfortable with it.
    edited October 2015 #6
    I work for an IT company and will speak to the develpors about it when I'm back at work on MOnday. I wasn't logged into freedompop, I wasn't asked for a user name or my password. I merely typed in the url address John gave and it filled these details automatically. I think that this means they are being held in cookies on your PC/tablet and this is unsecure and potentially available to anyone who picks up your device, that to me is not acceptable. It makes me question how my card details are being held by freedompop themselves, I have genuine concerns.
    I suspect the cookies logged me into my account on the FP server, rather than the credit card details being held on my PC.
    That is the way Amazon does it, and I've never been comfortable with that.
  • 1stJohn Arkley1stJohn Arkley Posts: 392FreedomPop Newbie ✭✭✭

Why do you feel the price drop is unfair?
    You thought £7 was a good deal a couple of weeks ago. So you got yourself a good deal, although as you say the service is rather sporadic.
    £2 is a better deal.
    Same thing happens in supermarkets, computer stores, furniture stores etc. You buy somehting for one price and the next week it gets knocked down on a special offer.
    Just take advantage of the deal and buy yourself another FP sim. Make sure the billing cycle is different from your current billing cycle, so you can gift yourself unused data capacity. You never know, FP might let you gift it back and forward between the two accounts until it all gets used up.

I didn't think £7 was great when I knew some paid less, but I thought it was the best I'd get.
    Early adopters of a beta service normally get pecks not penalised.
  • Fabrizio MartellucciFabrizio Martellucci Posts: 657FreedomPop Newbie, UK Pro ✭✭✭✭
    I tried to get another SIM but once I put my details in, I end up with the £5 activation charge showing up at the checkout process, unfortunately :(
    Billing cycle 7th
    I got to checkout with a different email address then thought, why do I need another!
  • Fabrizio MartellucciFabrizio Martellucci Posts: 657FreedomPop Newbie, UK Pro ✭✭✭✭
    Actually you don't, I'm on my desktop and managed to checkout with no activation charge now. You can use the same email, the sim just get added and under your name you can 'switch view' ......brilliant ! :)
    Billing cycle 7th
    They get listed as SIM then SIM#1 and so on
    Billing cycle 7th
    Thank you John for sharing that, now i can use my mi-fi with an extra SIM and you don't need to add extra people as my new sim shows up as 1.2GB so if you have 20 friends already the new sim 'inherit' them too ! So now I know once I downgrade that I'll have 400MB available every month ! Hurray !
    Billing cycle 7th
  • Rich Sias (16th)Rich Sias (16th) Posts: 3,352FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, FreedomPop Expert ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not in UK so this may not be same for you but here goes:
    I have one account with two devices. One of them is designated as recipient of all gifts. The other never gets any gifts. Both can give gifts to any of the accounts friends. Our limit on gifting is 500 MB for the account. i.e. 200 from one device and 300 from other and then account is done with gifting until something recycles. My other 7 devices are in separate accounts, much nicer.

I prefer to have each device in separate accounts/emails. Yes, I have to invite all my friends again to that one too. Now I have total individual control. Gift giving and receiving works to all individual devices. If you already have multiple devices in one email/account, and admin can assist in the breakup if that's what you desire.
    Be my Valentine ZTE, Victory, LG Volt, 803S, & 4 SIMs
    I was just thinking, as the app/account seems to hold the number. If you changed the sim in the phone would the original number still work?