Can't make any phone calls

Linas SipilaLinas Sipila Posts: 13FreedomPop Newbie
edited November 2015 in Account Help #1
After downgrading to 200min plan today I get either "lines are busy, please try later" or " phone number is not recognised, please check the number and try again" error on both wifi and GSM data. No problems receiving calls, sending and receiving any SMS. Running iPhone. Any advice on this one?
Post edited by Linas Sipila on

Best Answer

Answers

• Fabrizio MartellucciFabrizio Martellucci Posts: 657FreedomPop Newbie, UK Pro ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2015 #3
    Getting the same error so probably their VoIP servers being down or there's a glitch, I get the error in both ringing my other mobile and landline ...wi-fi or mobile data. :(
    Billing cycle 7th
  • Chris PritchardChris Pritchard Posts: 90FreedomPop Newbie ✭✭✭
    Same problem here. I have not changed price plan though
    #TalkIsCheapUK
  • Fabrizio MartellucciFabrizio Martellucci Posts: 657FreedomPop Newbie, UK Pro ✭✭✭✭
    Still can't ring out ! Had trouble resynching too, so definitely a glitch...
    Billing cycle 7th
    edited November 2015 #6
    Still no joy, despite resynch, can someone go and flick the switch back on for the UK VoIP servers, please ? ;)
    Billing cycle 7th
  • 1stJohn Arkley1stJohn Arkley Posts: 392FreedomPop Newbie ✭✭✭
    Still not working, there really should be someone to fix 24/7 if they are trying to be a serious telephone operator.
    Billing cycle starts ~ 1st of month
    Still dead
    Same here and premium voice doesn't work either ..... :(
    Billing cycle 7th
  • 3rd start - Kelvin Hill3rd start - Kelvin Hill Posts: 221FreedomPop Newbie, UK Pro ✭✭✭
    Can you tell if you are being redirected to premium voice? Is the ringing sound different? I have noticed I hear one of two different tones when ringing a number, 1) a flat long beep then a pause then a beep then a pause, and 2) a conventional ring-ring type of sound.

I suspect the conventional ring-ring is when I am being redirected through Premium Voice. I haven't heard that ring-ring tone today, but it was definitely working for me last night.
    Monthly billing cycle starts on day 3
    There's a pop-up that appears briefly informing you that you're being redirected, i.e., using the sim through the voice side of the network.
    Billing cycle 7th
    Hopefully by 4pm ( 8am Pacific time ) their minions will realise that something is buggered.
    Billing cycle 7th
  • 3rd start - Kelvin Hill3rd start - Kelvin Hill Posts: 221FreedomPop Newbie, UK Pro ✭✭✭

There's a pop-up that appears briefly informing you that you're being redirected, i.e., using the sim through the voice side of the network.

That's interesting. It doesn't explain why I hear either of two different types of ring when I dial someone then. I have seen that pop-up before, although it only happens occasionally (when the data rate is low, I guess). It doesn't seem to tally with the different ringing tone though. That appears to be entirely random. What I know for sure, though, is that when I dial and I hear a conventional ring-ring, I know for sure the other end is ringing. When I just hear the series of long beeps, I'm not convinced. Mind you, perhaps that's related to the "deep sleep" issue I'm seeing with the app. I have just tried ringing my wife's phone and heard the long beeps, but it was ringing her phone. Hmm...there are more questions than answers.
  • d4zzled4zzle Posts: 6FreedomPop Newbie
    Same problem for me to.
  • zerozero Posts: 5FreedomPop Newbie
    I am getting the message "Your service does not allow access to this number" when making any calls

Texts are working
    Same here still on Premium Voice
    Ive noticed my billing cycle is on 0 days remaining if this has anything to do with me not being able to dial out?
  • David CandamilDavid Candamil Posts: 2FreedomPop Newbie
    I have the same problem. My billing ends today, and I can not make any phone call since yesterday afternoon. Texts work and I can receive calls. Internet works as well. I tried to reset the app configuration, to factory reset the phone and I even tried with a different phone (Elephone P8000 and Nexus 5), but the problem persists. Every single time I try to make a phone call, no matter which number, I always get the same error message: "There was an error placing the call to . Please check the dialed number for errors and try again.".

I sent an email to support today, but no reply yet.
    It's working now for me so as expected they came to the office and realised there was a problem.
    Billing cycle 7th
    Back up for me now
  • ritsonritson Posts: 172FreedomPop Newbie ✭✭✭
    had an email of freedompop...
    Dear User,

We had issues with our network partner earlier today and some users may have experienced an outage impacting voice calls. The issue has been resolved and protections have been put in place to ensure it can't happen again.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Thanks again,
    FreedomPop Team
    jason ritson 1st
    andrea ritson 6th
    adam ritson 12th
    It sounds like they are blaming 3. Strange my 3 sim was working fine and even fp data was fine.
    John. said:

It sounds like they are blaming 3. Strange my 3 sim was working fine and even fp data was fine.

More likely to be their network aggregator x-mobility
    Billing cycle 7th
  • Linas SipilaLinas Sipila Posts: 13FreedomPop Newbie
    Received their SMS also. All works now it seems.
    This morning, I phoned my daughter's FP phone while she was on her way to the school bus and no longer on WiFi. The number rang for a few seconds (with the long intermittent beep type of ring) and then displayed an error about being unable to connect or something (I didn't make a note of it because I was in a hurry). I attempted again, and she answered. I was surprised by how clear the line was. There was no echo, just a clear line, and I was on fibre-WiFi so it wasn't using Premium Voice.

I gave up experimenting with different codecs because there are simply too many of them, but last night I unloaded both our apps, re-installed, and set the codecs to:

- opus, 48000 Hz
    - speex, 16000 Hz
    - PCMU, 8000 Hz
    - mpeg4-generic, 44100 Hz

I have just noticed, however, that when I re-sync my phone, the speex codec is removed (yet the mpeg4 one I added myself isn't). I wonder why? Will report to the feedback team.
    I've set my codecs as Opus, PCMU, GSM and G722.

My last phone calls using WiFi was amazing in its clarity, I also tried using data ( HSPA+ ) and it was good. I also noticed that manual resynchs happen quicker on both WiFi and data.
    Billing cycle 7th