App deep sleep?

3rd start - Kelvin Hill3rd start - Kelvin Hill Posts: 221FreedomPop Newbie, UK Pro ✭✭✭
In our family, we have Android phones. There are no active task killers other than Greenify, and the FP app has been excluded to prevent it from being shut down.

Anyway, the problem is this: when a phone has been idle for a while, the FP app seems to go into a type of deep sleep such that it can't woken by someone ringing the phone, only by someone sending a text. Once you have sent the phone a text, the phone will ring when someone dials its number. After a period of time, the phone goes back to sleep and ringing it doesn't make the phone ring.

That's not a problem within the family. If we want to contact another member of the family, we try ringing, and if we receive no answer, we send a text and then ring. That doesn't resolve the issue with other people, however, who tell us they tried to call but received no answer.

Everything else seems to work ok. It's just phone calls that get missed when the phone isn't currently being used.

Anyone got any thoughts on that?
Monthly billing cycle starts on day 3

Comments

• cagstercagster Posts: 169FreedomPop Newbie ✭✭✭
    How is this now?
  • 3rd start - Kelvin Hill3rd start - Kelvin Hill Posts: 221FreedomPop Newbie, UK Pro ✭✭✭
    @cagster. How thoughtful. It's interesting you should ask. We have all reinstalled the app (to ensure we are running the latest version) and have each performed a re-sync one or more times. None of my family is reporting this issue now, so it does appear to have gone away.

We are still experiencing the significant (and re-producible) WiFi issue, however, wherein if you have WiFi enabled and have connected to a router but aren't logged in, you can't receive calls, even via mobile data, because the app recognises the WiFi connection and therefore insists on using it for incoming calls, but it doesn't ever access the Internet because the phone isn't logged in, so there is no valid connection to receive calls. That happens to me if I leave home with my WiFi switched on, and my phone keeps trying to connect to pretty much every house I pass by until I reach work and it connects AND logs in. It's not as simple as, "well, just switch off your WiFi when you leave home." I don't always remember to do that, and if I do, I end up with the reverse issue being that when I arrive at work or home and forget to turn WiFi back on, and then end up using data unnecessarily. The apps needs fixing so it can recognise when the phone WiFi is switched on but the user doesn't have an Internet connection.
  • 3rd start - Kelvin Hill3rd start - Kelvin Hill Posts: 221FreedomPop Newbie, UK Pro ✭✭✭
    In such a situation, the mobile data should be used to send and receive calls and texts.
    edited November 2015 #5
    I read your other pos on this, it's any annoying problem, I don't know much about the wifi connection process and options to control, but until the problem is fixed I'm wondering if there is a way or an app that will allow you to stop wifi attempting to connect to networks other than the ones you explicitly specify and therefore would remain on (3G) data connection, maybe someone on here might know or perhaps (if you haven't already) you could try searching google, I got to believe other people with other applications and needs to be permanetly connected to the Internet have in some way solved it
    @cagster. I guess I should have googled it sooner.

Check out the following post:http://android.stackexchange.com/questions/64380/stop-wifi-connecting-to-open-networks

I'm going to delete all possible open networks stored on my phone and see if that resolves the problem. The ever-so-slightly annoying problem, however, is that I have BT broadband, which means I can connect to BT routers while out and about. That is really handy, but is probably responsible for my own connection difficulties. Even though I auto-connect, I still have to manually execute a process to complete the login. If I delete the BT router names, it will make the process of connecting less convenient. I guess I can't have it both ways.

The most helpful solution will be for the FP app to detect the presence of a valid Internet connection; failing that, to use the data connection. In the mean time, I will try deleting all the known networks in my list.
    Ooh! My phone had 21 saved networks! Have just performed a cull. Now I have just four. :astonished:
    Half the BT wifi spots don't seem work anyway
  • Ryan Radford 2Ryan Radford 2 Posts: 633FreedomPop Newbie ✭✭✭
    edited November 2015 #9
    Push notifications fixer no root will solve this issue. What is happen is the connection to the server is timing out. The intervals should already be set to 5 minutes on each item in the app. If not then set them to 5 minutes and press apply.
    Want a free lte sim? Message me and ill give you a credit card to purchase it!

Common issues related to FreedomPop Devices:
    https://forums.freedompop.com/discussion/10896/battery-issues-please-read-this#latest

If you are having trouble with the FreedomPop messaging app registering, always try uninstalling it and then reinstalling it. If that doesn't work download push notification fixer (no root) from the play store. make sure both intervals are set to 5 minutes and click apply.

I don't work for FreedomPop
    @cagster have you installed this app on your phones? It could be why your wife's phone didn't ring when your daughter called it. It's worth a shot.
    Hi Kelvin, no I haven't but I know it was Freedom pop network and not anything else :-), thx for suggestion though
  • Ryan Radford 2Ryan Radford 2 Posts: 633FreedomPop Newbie ✭✭✭
    I do have this bad habit of answering questions without seeing what section of the forums it's in. You see my expertise in this service only applies to the part of the service that uses the sprint network. In other words I'm only familiar with the use of this service in America.
    Want a free lte sim? Message me and ill give you a credit card to purchase it!

Common issues related to FreedomPop Devices:
    https://forums.freedompop.com/discussion/10896/battery-issues-please-read-this#latest

If you are having trouble with the FreedomPop messaging app registering, always try uninstalling it and then reinstalling it. If that doesn't work download push notification fixer (no root) from the play store. make sure both intervals are set to 5 minutes and click apply.

I don't work for FreedomPop