incoming calls

john maxwelljohn maxwell Posts: 12FreedomPop Newbie
hi all just set up my moto g 2nd gen as advised all works fine. other than cannot receive incoming calls the phone that i ring from gives ringtone but no indication on motog any body help?jmax

Comments

• Hello @jmax

It looks like your account was not synced to our account, but I have now done so. If your device is still not receiving incoming calls please perform the following steps below.

Disable WiFi and enable data if needed.
    Go to the dial pad or phone app.
    Enter # # 72786 #
    If prompted for a password, enter your MSL code. For some phones, you may need to tap the menu icon on the top right hand corner.
    Confirm the reset.
    Allow the device to restart and go through the activation process

Note: Some LTE devices can perform a carrier reset over a WiFi connection. If that doesn't work then follow step one before trying the carrier reset.
  • cagstercagster Posts: 169FreedomPop Newbie ✭✭✭
    What is an MSL code ?
  • Fabrizio MartellucciFabrizio Martellucci Posts: 657FreedomPop Newbie, UK Pro ✭✭✭✭
    I dunno, me think Karina is confusing pounds with dollars ! ;) lol
    Billing cycle 7th
  • Fabrizio MartellucciFabrizio Martellucci Posts: 657FreedomPop Newbie, UK Pro ✭✭✭✭
    @jmax are you in the UK, if you are then they had an outage that affected us until 16.30 try to resynch the app over WiFi to see if it solves the issue, if you are in the USA then follow Karina's step by step.
    Billing cycle 7th
  • salvadorfreemansonsalvadorfreemanson Posts: 64FreedomPop Newbie ✭✭✭
    Doesn't this thread show up as being UK
    edited November 2015 #8

Doesn't this thread show up as being UK

It wouldn't be the first time that an American cousin has posted in the UK section by mistake, since Karina is giving out a solution for an american handset I was making sure that the OP was indeed based in the States or UK. :)
    Billing cycle 7th
  • john maxwelljohn maxwell Posts: 12FreedomPop Newbie
    Hi in uk had issue since 29th tried couple times reinstall as rec .gone on holl 2days will reinstall freepop sim when home later today thanks jmax
    Hi yes UK Yorkshire will try again when home on 2days holiday thanks jmax
    hi all yes in the uk west yorkshire .had few days away so going to try again with **** sim so due to incoming issue had to use talktalk sim will let you know if it works thanks jmax
    hi now got incoming calls working.but only when data is on .is this normal with ****? jmax
    Why does it take 24hrs for my message to appear on forum let's have action on this jmax
    Up to 10 comments you're moderated, that is, the admins need to approve then after that you'll see your posts straight away as you send them
    Billing cycle 7th
    jmax said:

hi now got incoming calls working.but only when data is on .is this normal with ****? jmax

You need to have either data or wifi on as your calls and texts are going through the freedompop app as your calls are VoIP.
    Billing cycle 7th
    fabrizio thanks for you info . thats different say from talktalk /tesco mobile a/c wherei i can make calls with data off for example ? john
    edited November 2015 #17
    jmax said:

fabrizio thanks for you info . thats different say from talktalk /tesco mobile a/c wherei i can make calls with data off for example ? john

Yes it's a different approach using the voice/txt side of the mobile costs money, so Freedompop are going for data and bulk buy, I guess, getting a better deal doing so then they route all the calls and texts through that data hence the need for the app, they also hope that people will switch to WiFi when they can so that it saves them data.

You can however sign up to premium voice add-on service and that will allow the app to gauge if your outgoing voice call quality would be better through the mobile voice signal, like regular SIM. That will give you peace of mind if you have a patchy mobile data coverage or no WiFi around so you can make calls ( not receive them ) through the regular WCDMA voice signal ( not GSM/2G though )
    Post edited by Fabrizio Martellucci on
    Billing cycle 7th
  • 3rd start - Kelvin Hill3rd start - Kelvin Hill Posts: 221FreedomPop Newbie, UK Pro ✭✭✭
    @jmax, there are lots of threads relating to this issue, but in short, you need to keep your mobile data connection enabled at all times. If you don't, the moment you don't have WiFi you will be in a dead zone. The FreedomPop app will not reduce your data allowance for any calls or texts, BUT you need to make sure all other apps don't have access to your mobile data connection in the background, otherwise they'll jump for joy and consume all your data before you know it. Things like Facebook and Snapchat will gobble it all up with a few large images or videos downloaded in the background. If you have an Android phone, you can restrict background data on an app-by-app basis (in Settings > Data usage or something similar). If you restrict everything except core Google services, the FP app, and maybe your email and perhaps even text-based messaging, then your data allowance will serve you well.
    Monthly billing cycle starts on day 3
    edited November 2015 #19
    You can also install a firewall and control exactly which applications are allowed to use data and wifi. For example you could restrict Facebook so that it would only use wifi but not mobile data. You can also temporary allow an application to use data and then when done prevent it from using it your data again
  • 3rd Start - Brian Heslop3rd Start - Brian Heslop Posts: 29FreedomPop Newbie
    The adverts on games can use lots of data, so take care when playing them with mobile data on.
    hi thanks for all your advice but still got issue not rec incoming calls on home wifi using talktalk huawai 533 router. it works ok at friends home on virgin router reported to fp no ans yet