Any idea when we will get 4G ?

Fabrizio MartellucciFabrizio Martellucci Posts: 657FreedomPop Newbie, UK Pro ✭✭✭✭
edited November 2015 in Community Lounge #1
I was wondering if 4G will happen in the near future, I know I'm being greedy ! LOL

Also I'm pretty sure my username was Fabyon, now I can see my full name being shown, why is that ? @Jorge M. @Karina Magana ?
Billing cycle 7th

Comments

• ritsonritson Posts: 172FreedomPop Newbie ✭✭✭
    what will 4G improve? just download speeds or will it improve call quility
    i only have a 3G phone & live in cumbria which i dont think has any 4G coverage anyway
    jason ritson 1st
    andrea ritson 6th
    adam ritson 12th
  • 3rd start - Kelvin Hill3rd start - Kelvin Hill Posts: 221FreedomPop Newbie, UK Pro ✭✭✭
    4G will improve data speeds for sure (upload and download), but it has also been suggested that call quality will improve, too. In fact, check out the following statement regarding Voice over 4G LTE:

"The difference between a voice call made over VoLTE and one using the traditional CDMA network is like the difference between talking through a tin can connected with string and a full symphony in CD quality," said Roger Entner, lead analyst at Recon Analytics. "It's night and day."

In your case, however, having no 4G simply means you won't benefit from increased download speeds and improvements in call quality. If you're happy with the current call quality and data speeds, then it's no biggie either way. My phone supports 4G (and I used to get it before I switched to FP), but I'm happy with what FP is offering right now. If FP ups its game, I guess I'll be even happier.
    Monthly billing cycle starts on day 3
  • David GriggsDavid Griggs Posts: 46FreedomPop Newbie
    We were promised it before the end of October so I raised the question on 31st October the reply didn't even mention 4g but referred to international calls.
  • Jorge Jorge Posts: 3,376 admin
    @Fabrizio Martellucci I will be happy to change it back for you! Whenever you sign out of the forum you will signed in with your full name upon signing back on. You should be able to edit your name on your end for future notice under by going to your profile page - drop down tab next your name - edit profile :)
  • Fabrizio MartellucciFabrizio Martellucci Posts: 657FreedomPop Newbie, UK Pro ✭✭✭✭
    Jorge M. said:

@Fabrizio Martellucci I will be happy to change it back for you! Whenever you sign out of the forum you will signed in with your full name upon signing back on. You should be able to edit your name on your end for future notice under by going to your profile page - drop down tab next your name - edit profile :)

It was greyed out so couldn't change it back, thanks for fixing it.
    Billing cycle 7th
  • David GriggsDavid Griggs Posts: 46FreedomPop Newbie
    Straight from freedompop 4g is arriving on 16th November
  • Fabrizio MartellucciFabrizio Martellucci Posts: 657FreedomPop Newbie, UK Pro ✭✭✭✭

Straight from freedompop 4g is arriving on 16th November

Thank you ! :)
    Billing cycle 7th
  • 3rd start - Kelvin Hill3rd start - Kelvin Hill Posts: 221FreedomPop Newbie, UK Pro ✭✭✭
    Whoops, I just marked your "Thank you" comment as awesome. I guess it's awesome to be grateful.
    Monthly billing cycle starts on day 3