Can't receive calls over wifi ??

LordDarkenonLordDarkenon Posts: 7FreedomPop Newbie
I ordered 2 sims and have tried them in 3 different phones both on home wifi (BT Infinity with Home Hub 5) and on an external wifi network. With all of these combinations I can't receive calls over wifi on either sim. I can receive calls over a mobile data connection, and I can also make calls (and send and receive sms messages) over wifi. My son also ordered a sim, and he tried to receive calls over wifi (on the same external wifi network that I tried on) and he could receive calls.

I have tried all the standard uninstall/reinstall, synch data steps etc.etc having phoned the FP helpline. It has now been with 2nd line support for 4 days with no response.

Any ideas from anyone you has experienced something similar.

Comments

• Fabrizio MartellucciFabrizio Martellucci Posts: 657FreedomPop Newbie, UK Pro ✭✭✭✭
    It seems to be an account issue where they don't synch fully. @Jorge M. or @Karina Magana sorry to be a pain would you mind looking this up, please?
    Billing cycle 7th
  • Jorge Jorge Posts: 3,386 admin
    @LordDarkenon Please send me a private message including the accounts email associated with your both SIM card accounts and I will be glad to take a closer look on my end :)
  • LordDarkenonLordDarkenon Posts: 7FreedomPop Newbie
    Thanks Fabyon and Jorge - I have sent Jorge a private message with thecdetails
    Hi - thanks for the message. No improvement I'm afraid. Still can't receive calls over wifi (but can over mobile data). I am still able to call out over wifi and send and receive text messages over wifi as before.
    edited November 2015 #6
    Has anyone else experienced this problem? I suggest that all users disable their mobile data (just swItch on airplane mode) and try to receive calls over wifi. You might not realise that you also have this problem.
    Post edited by LordDarkenon on
  • 1stJohn Arkley1stJohn Arkley Posts: 392FreedomPop Newbie ✭✭✭
    Erm, are you sailing you are putting airplane mode on to test it??? On every phone I've had airplane more turns all radios off including WiFi.
    Billing cycle starts ~ 1st of month
  • cagstercagster Posts: 169FreedomPop Newbie ✭✭✭
    Yes airplane mode kills all comms in all phones I have had - mind you with Wifi available on flights that will probably change :-)
  • David GriggsDavid Griggs Posts: 46FreedomPop Newbie
    Turned on airplane mode, cannot make or receive calls.
  • 3rd start - Kelvin Hill3rd start - Kelvin Hill Posts: 221FreedomPop Newbie, UK Pro ✭✭✭
    As cagster already pointed out, turning on airplane mode turns your phone into a glorified calculator. You won't be able to make or receive calls or texts. Unless you are traveling on an aeroplane or just want total privacy, don't enable airplane mode. FreedomPop cannot function with airplane mode enabled.
    Monthly billing cycle starts on day 3
    If you turn on airplane mode, and then enable wifi it leaves the mobile signal off but wifi will be on.
  • john maxwelljohn maxwell Posts: 12FreedomPop Newbie
    i have the same issue .still no calls incoming on wifi. l believe its my talktalk router thats the problem. a huaei super router hg533. as i can get incoming calls on a friends virgin router this info has been forwarded to fp but no ans yet
    Sorry you are also having this problem. I'm on BT Infinity with a Home Hub 5 - I doubt very much this is the cause of the problem since it is such a common combination. I also tried receiving calls on another wifi connection (in a restaurant) and I couldn't receive calls through my FP sim, but my son could through his FP sim. This points to the issue being with either the sim or account.
  • 19nbg7119nbg71 Posts: 63FreedomPop Newbie

Sorry you are also having this problem. I'm on BT Infinity with a Home Hub 5 - I doubt very much this is the cause of the problem since it is such a common combination. I also tried receiving calls on another wifi connection (in a restaurant) and I couldn't receive calls through my FP sim, but my son could through his FP sim. This points to the issue being with either the sim or account.

i have the same problems as you,and i'm on bt infinity..my work around is connect to your btwifi with fon on your hub instead of normal wireless and everything should work..it must bypass port routing or something :)
    kind regards karl
  • tell93tell93 Posts: 1FreedomPop Newbie
    I have not been receiving calls over WiFi either but come on here this morning and am with BT too and connecting with the BT fon worked a treat
  • breadfishbreadfish Posts: 2FreedomPop Newbie
    Same issue here with the BT Home Hub 5. Looks like the SIP INVITE message never gets through meaning the phone is oblivious to the incoming call. :(
  • David HowellDavid Howell Posts: 1FreedomPop Newbie
    I was experiencing this until i changed my setting to allow Freedom pop messager to handle incoming calls. I hope this helps,someone.
  • kristiallen939kristiallen939 Posts: 2FreedomPop Newbie
    Avoid such circumstances by using VoIP services to receive calls that will make your task easier by providing US phone numbers or virtual phone numbers for your desired location which you can use for your personal and business purpose.
This discussion has been closed.