Is it possible to SIM swap format keeping the number?

Fabrizio MartellucciFabrizio Martellucci Posts: 657FreedomPop Newbie, UK Pro ✭✭✭✭
My sister ( bless her ) surprised me yesterday sending me her old iPhone 5. So is it possible to receive a nano sim to replace my current micro one ? Will I lose function on my current sim until I receive the new one? And most importantly can the number be transferred to the new nano sim? I don't fancy learning a new number ;)
Billing cycle 7th

Best Answers

Answers

• Fabrizio MartellucciFabrizio Martellucci Posts: 657FreedomPop Newbie, UK Pro ✭✭✭✭
    Yes I kinda knew it was a question for support but thought that in asking it publicly it might be useful to get that info out there for someone in the same predicament. ;)
    Billing cycle 7th
  • David GriggsDavid Griggs Posts: 46FreedomPop Newbie
    My previous post didn't seem to register, if you wish to use your new phone it is not 4g compatible, the first 4g iphone is the 5s or 5c. You could try a £3 sim cutter from ebay, they work really well.
    As the iphone5 is not 4g compatable will it suit your need?
  • Fabrizio MartellucciFabrizio Martellucci Posts: 657FreedomPop Newbie, UK Pro ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2015 #7
    Actually it is compatible with EE and Three, it was Vodafone and O2 on which the iPhone 5 didn't work for 4g.
    Billing cycle 7th
    Bummer I didn't take into account WHERE the phone comes from ! lol My sister lives in Canada and of course there are two models A1428 and A1429 ( international version which could connect to EE and THREE )....of course I have the A1428, LOL Thanks David now I know my phone can't connect to 4g because of its provenience and model number.
    Billing cycle 7th
    Sadly for you I was only half right then, as they say a little knowledge is dangerous.