4G Now available

Chris PritchardChris Pritchard Posts: 90FreedomPop Newbie ✭✭✭
4G is now available to FreedomPop UK users!

Woke up this morning to full 4G. Getting 27.9mb Download & 8.2mb Upload. Not had a chance to test sound quality yet, but will within the hour!
#TalkIsCheapUK

Comments

• David GriggsDavid Griggs Posts: 46FreedomPop Newbie
    That's good news, had thought it was due next Monday, I haven't got 4g myself yet at home hopefully I will when I go out.
  • Fabrizio MartellucciFabrizio Martellucci Posts: 657FreedomPop Newbie, UK Pro ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2015 #4
    Cool news, it hasn't propagated down to London it seems I'm still on HSPA+ although I was reaching 22-25 MB with that it'll be interesting to see what I can reach with 4g on my moto g LTE :)
    Post edited by Fabrizio Martellucci on
    Billing cycle 7th
  • ritsonritson Posts: 172FreedomPop Newbie ✭✭✭
    i only get HSPA & it sometimes drops to 3G the nearst 4G is the city of carlisle which is a 1+ hour drive away :(
    jason ritson 1st
    andrea ritson 6th
    adam ritson 12th
  • 3rd start - Kelvin Hill3rd start - Kelvin Hill Posts: 221FreedomPop Newbie, UK Pro ✭✭✭
    The coverage map for my area is hilarious. All the farmers' fields around my village can allegedly get 4G indoors and out (for all the cows and sheep in the barns), but most of the residential roads have either no service or service outdoors only. I can't understand how it works. It's not based on altitude and doesn't appear to have much bearing on the position of mobile phone masts. There's a long thin tract of ground at the edge of the village, which is filled with fishing ponds. Bizarrely, the tract of land is show as having perfect 4G, yet all around it is a dead zone. There's no mobile phone mast there, so what kind of dark magic is that? Maybe the fish are giving off 4G.
    Monthly billing cycle starts on day 3
  • Fabrizio MartellucciFabrizio Martellucci Posts: 657FreedomPop Newbie, UK Pro ✭✭✭✭
    I've been turning on and off the phone a few times but am still getting HSPA+ ( oddly enough it only shows up as H instead if H+ ) maybe by Monday our London masts will allow me in ? lol
    Billing cycle 7th
  • Chris PritchardChris Pritchard Posts: 90FreedomPop Newbie ✭✭✭
    Call quality over 4G is as good as Wi-Fi. Had a 15 min call today and everything was crystal clear. Good job FreedomPop
    #TalkIsCheapUK
    C'mon London, give us 4G :D LOL
    Billing cycle 7th
  • cdma62xcdma62x Posts: 17FreedomPop Newbie
    I am at Manchester. Right now 0:05 on Monday 16th Nov, still no 4G..sometimes the call made on 3G doesn't have good quality. The other ends told me my voice is breaking, any buds have the similar problem?
    My 4g arrived this morning in Essex.
  • cdma62xcdma62x Posts: 17FreedomPop Newbie
    Okay, 4G becomes available after I got up around 8:00 am. However 5bar full, download speed is only 8mbps, while upload is 20mbps.
    Still nothing here in West London
    Billing cycle 7th
  • 3rd start - Kelvin Hill3rd start - Kelvin Hill Posts: 221FreedomPop Newbie, UK Pro ✭✭✭
    edited November 2015 #14
    Really excited to see LTE appear periodically on my phone while at work in Coventry today. Signal indoors only now and then, but outdoors on my way home it was LTE all around the city.

Did a speed test. Achieved 9Mb/s download and 10Mb/s upload. Strange.
    http://www.virtualbriefcase.org.uk/freedompop/4g.png
  • ritsonritson Posts: 172FreedomPop Newbie ✭✭✭
    edited November 2015 #15
    my moto g v2 (3G) is so slow even on wifi :(
    i have a 37Mbps fiber line as well
    http://s18.postimg.org/ntwq82is9/Screenshot_2015_11_16_22_48_54.png

(how do you post pictures?)
    Post edited by ritson on
    jason ritson 1st
    andrea ritson 6th
    adam ritson 12th
    I noticed that. I couldn't get images to work today either.
    edited November 2015 #17
    #TalkIsCheapUK
    edited November 2015 #18

#TalkIsCheapUK
    #TalkIsCheapUK
    Still nothing here; I feel at times that someone is punishing me ! lol
    Billing cycle 7th
    I did this twice it used 170MB. It's good you have warned us all.
  • 3rd Start - Brian Heslop3rd Start - Brian Heslop Posts: 29FreedomPop Newbie
    On the move today so seeing 4g for first time. On Carlisle railway station 19.89 down and 12.3 up, used 36mb for the test. Got 4g up at Preston station.
    No change here, probably Three doesn't have any capacity to spare in dear old London ? ;)
    Billing cycle 7th
    I can get a 4g signal five metres from the end of my drive. Bummer. In my home, on the other hand, I'm lucky if I even get 'H'. Mind you, that's what home WiFi is for, so I guess it's no biggie. At least 4g is rolling out to more and more places. Now then, when's 5g coming? That really will be spectacular.
    edited November 2015 #26
    Just got an email about 4G and yet it hasn't happened in my corner. I had a Three SIM and I got 4G with it. I wonder if my local mast is on the brink? I did check online on their site but no problems on that front :(
    Post edited by Fabrizio Martellucci on
    Billing cycle 7th