SIM fault: No signal. Emergency calls only.

3rd start - Kelvin Hill3rd start - Kelvin Hill Posts: 221FreedomPop Newbie, UK Pro ✭✭✭
@Jorge M. On Saturday, one of my kids told me her phone had no mobile reception. No bars; emergency calls only.

Today, two days later, it's still the same. We tried resetting everything, cleaning the SIM, uninstalling and re-installing the app (although I didn't expect that to work because it's the SIM and not the app that provides access to the mobile network).

This evening, I replaced the FP SIM with an old Three SIM and suddenly the phone had a signal again; four bars. So I took it out and re-inserted the FP SIM. No signal; emergency calls only.

Does this sound like a failed SIM?
Monthly billing cycle starts on day 3

Comments

• Sue MorrisSue Morris Posts: 1FreedomPop Newbie
    Hi. I also have the same problem. No bars and an x on my sim card signal. However I can send and receive calls from texts from the FP app. Is that normal?
  • chichanchichan Posts: 7FreedomPop Newbie
    Same here as well, I can use a '3' sim with no issues, but no signal wit FP sim. I have emailed customer support but nothing yet! Please help!
  • 3rd start - Kelvin Hill3rd start - Kelvin Hill Posts: 221FreedomPop Newbie, UK Pro ✭✭✭
    @Sue Morris and @chichan. It sounds like an account issue. My daughter's SIM card recovered when the account issue was resolved. There is a UK support telephone number somewhere on this site. Falling that, send a message to Jorge M., listed above.
    Monthly billing cycle starts on day 3
  • matmamatma Posts: 4FreedomPop Newbie
    Only just registered with FP, I can make calls, surf the net but can't receive calls or send/receive text. Very confused, as a consultant l need clients to be able to reach me. HELP!