Not receiving calls and other problems

Stuart BeardStuart Beard Posts: 2FreedomPop Newbie
People call me and my phone doesn't ring, yet they hear it ringing at their end. I call them and it works fine. What gives? I am about to ditch this Sim because it has been a joke. It's like it's free because it doesn't work. I have had to activate the premium voice trial because before that it wouldn't connect my calls despite having a good data connection. Plus when I try to use the data, it only seems to be good for web browsing - everything else times out yet my allowance is reduced.

If it is possible I would like a refund as I feel I have been sold a faulty product.

Comments

• Hello @Stuart Beard

I sincerely apologize for this inconvenience, we would be glad to assist you. I have refunded the charge, please allow 3-4 business days for the refund to appear on your bank account.
  • 3rd start - Kelvin Hill3rd start - Kelvin Hill Posts: 221FreedomPop Newbie, UK Pro ✭✭✭
    @Stuart Beard. Sad to hear things didn't work out for you. Many people have experienced teething problems, but it is a beta programme after all. I experienced similar issues with the five SIMs currently in use by my family, but we persevered and most of the issues have been resolved.

In some cases, glitches were resolved simply by uninstalling and reinstalling the app, or by re-synchronising the account. I'm sure the support team would have tried to help resolve the problems. Maybe you should try again when things have settled down. Quirks aside, I am really pleased with the service.

One of the issues I discovered was that my WiFi was attempting to connect to BT WiFi hotspots all over the place, yet it wasn't logging in, and the FP app couldn't identify that, so it was attempting to route calls over an invalid WiFi connection and calls weren't coming through. A workaround was simply to delete all of my saved networks for which a password wasn't saved. Simple stuff like that.
    Monthly billing cycle starts on day 3
  • Stuart BeardStuart Beard Posts: 2FreedomPop Newbie
    Thanks for the quick reply. I was realy hoping it would work out, but sadly there are just too many issues and I have too many responsibilities to be able to rely on this Sim in my daily life.
    Good luck to freedompop - I hope to be back soon.

Just for information my phone is a Oneplus One with CyanogenMod 12.1 nightlies.
  • john maxwelljohn maxwell Posts: 12FreedomPop Newbie
    hi i have still got issue not rec incoming calls when on my home wifi . using talktalk huwai 533 super router on fibre. tried at friends home using virgin fibre router and it works.reported to fp with info. no ans yet
  • Fabrizio MartellucciFabrizio Martellucci Posts: 657FreedomPop Newbie, UK Pro ✭✭✭✭

Thanks for the quick reply. I was realy hoping it would work out, but sadly there are just too many issues and I have too many responsibilities to be able to rely on this Sim in my daily life.

Good luck to freedompop - I hope to be back soon.

Just for information my phone is a Oneplus One with CyanogenMod 12.1 nightlies.

Totally understandable, I wouldn't recommend fp for mission critical usage as of yet so I empathise with your predicament, however it's a briiliant additional sim for a dual sim phone for that extra bit of data.
    Billing cycle 7th
  • cagstercagster Posts: 168FreedomPop Newbie ✭✭✭
    Couldnt agree more - not ready for mass market - more of a niche product offering
  • 3rd start - Kelvin Hill3rd start - Kelvin Hill Posts: 221FreedomPop Newbie, UK Pro ✭✭✭
    ...and it's great for kids and poor people.
    Monthly billing cycle starts on day 3
  • Fabrizio MartellucciFabrizio Martellucci Posts: 657FreedomPop Newbie, UK Pro ✭✭✭✭

...and it's great for kids and poor people.

Yes low income household like mine ;)
    Billing cycle 7th
  • 1stJohn Arkley1stJohn Arkley Posts: 392FreedomPop Newbie ✭✭✭
    And for tight people.
    Billing cycle starts ~ 1st of month
  • 19nbg7119nbg71 Posts: 63FreedomPop Newbie
    i'm poor and tight :)
  • john timminsjohn timmins Posts: 1FreedomPop Newbie

People call me and my phone doesn't ring, yet they hear it ringing at their end. I call them and it works fine. What gives? I am about to ditch this Sim because it has been a joke. It's like it's free because it doesn't work. I have had to activate the premium voice trial because before that it wouldn't connect my calls despite having a good data connection. Plus when I try to use the data, it only seems to be good for web browsing - everything else times out yet my allowance is reduced.

If it is possible I would like a refund as I feel I have been sold a faulty product.

Same issues , Just ordered a Asda sim :/
  • Clive WarrenClive Warren Posts: 4FreedomPop Newbie
    I have had similar problems to what is described in this thread, where the Messaging app just stays permanently on a blue start-up screen with the message 'Registering for Push Notifications'. In this condition I can't make or receive calls. however if the Messaging app is forced stop I can make calls but not receive calls.

The SIM has been tried on three different HTC Android phones with the same result, but just by chance I changed the stock ROM to a custom ROM on a HTC Sensation and the Messaging app registered and everything worked.

As I would preferably like to use Freedompop on phones with a stock ROM, does anyone know what differences between stock and custom ROMs are likely to be causing the Freedompop system to work or not work?
    edited November 2015 #14
    see above
    Post edited by Clive Warren on
  • gnfgnf Posts: 64FreedomPop Newbie
    @Clive Warren not sure there's an answer to your question due to the nature of custom ROMs, but as flashing a rom involves clearing cache etc. that might be what caused it to work. If you're used to flashing ROMs you could do a bit of detective work. What happens if you flash stock rom onto the phone now, does the fault return?
    gnf said:

@Clive Warren not sure there's an answer to your question due to the nature of custom ROMs, but as flashing a rom involves clearing cache etc. that might be what caused it to work. If you're used to flashing ROMs you could do a bit of detective work. What happens if you flash stock rom onto the phone now, does the fault return?

Thanks gnf for your response.
    I flashed the stock ROM again after wiping everything except the SD Card on the HTC Sensation and the same problem returned.
    Also did the same thing on a HTC Incredible S and again only the custom ROM worked.
    In both cases the custom ROM is by the same developer and is actually a tweaked stock ROM so it virtually looks stock. I will try and get some feedback from the developer to shed some light on the issue.
  • Jonny_DJonny_D Posts: 56FreedomPop Newbie
    I'm having a similar problem, I am able to make calls and send texts though calls and text to me are not getting through.

Last person who called said the line was just ringing

Any ideas on how I might remedy this?

TIA

JD
  • thbjrthbjr Posts: 3FreedomPop Newbie
    Jonny_D said:

I'm having a similar problem, I am able to make calls and send texts though calls and text to me are not getting through.

Last person who called said the line was just ringing

Any ideas on how I might remedy this?

TIA

JD

I had that problem on my Galaxy S5. While disconnected from WiFi, I couldn't receive calls, but could make them. When I had received my phone, I had went in and made some tweaks to limit Data usage. This seem to be where the problem originated. So I went back into Settings and in 'Data usage', I scrolled down and selected each app listed and unchecked the box that said, 'Restrict background data', and that fixed the problem, I could receive calls again.
    Another thing I noticed is that while in 'Ultra Power Saving' mode, I could not receive calls. I don't know if this is the norm, but even after turning off ultra power saving mode I could not receive calls. What I discovered must be done is to go into Setting and in 'Application manager', find and select the 'Messaging' app and the select the box that says 'Clear Cache'. After doing that my phone would receive calls again.
    If those this don't work for you try the android phone 'Carrier Reset' option by going to the phone dial pad and enter ##72786# press call then follow the directions.
    Good luck!
  • matmamatma Posts: 4FreedomPop Newbie
    Can make calls but can't receive or send texts. Phone says "emergency calls only". I have called support a couple of times all to no avail. My second comment on this forum. I will be ditching this SIM. I got one for my wife and it is not working as well. I was hoping to recommend to others, but can't do so now. I have too much at stake to rely on this network. Unless someone has a solution to the issues I have just highlighted, it is bye to FP.
  • matmamatma Posts: 4FreedomPop Newbie
    Can't receive calls.
  • PVinePVine Posts: 21FreedomPop Newbie
    I have similar issues to those stated above. People calling me and it ringing and not ringing on the phone or starts ringing on the phone after about 50 seconds. At the moment I am unable to receive incoming calls, the person calling gets a message after one ring saying the subscriber is unavailable atm please try again later. All other services are fine. I can make calls and send and receive texts just not incoming calls and this started Wednesday evening.
  • iainiain Posts: 4FreedomPop Newbie
    I have the same problem I cant receive incoming calls I need help from someone please.
  • PVinePVine Posts: 21FreedomPop Newbie
    I have a basic sim and just over 2 weeks ago I started not being able to receive incoming calls. If someone tries to call me it rings once and then a womans voice says the subscriber you are attempting to contact is not available please try again later.

Every other service is working fine. I can make calls and send and receive texts and also use data on both wifi and 4G.

I have tried posting on these forums multiple times and it seems that other people are having exactly the same problem. I have reported this to support and all I got back was to try to uninstall and reinstall the app and check the settings. I have done this to no avail and when I have told them this I get no response. I have also had no official response on this forum even though I have asked for one.

The fact that other people are reporting the same problem seems to make me think this is a service issue. Well the fact that I can not receive incoming calls makes this really quite obsolete as a service free or not.
  • Hello @PVine

We sincerely apologize for this inconvenience, can you please send me a private message containing your account email so that I may further assist you with this issue!
  • Stephen_Stephen_ Posts: 2FreedomPop Newbie
    edited October 2016 #25
    In my first couple of days I've been able to send texts, and make a couple of calls OK.

The problems are on the inbound leg. Half the texts shown in the Usage log online have not arrived at the phone. Callers to the phone number hear a ringtone but the actual phone rings about half the time.

Is this normal?

I've reinstalled the app several times and synched.
    Post edited by Stephen_ on
  • dylanr7dylanr7 Posts: 43FreedomPop Newbie
    It's a very unreliable service, Premium Voice fixes the calls but that costs 99p a month so defeats the object of "free"