Be my FP friend for 10MB (and can I have 50MB of your data at the same time?)

3rd start - Kelvin Hill3rd start - Kelvin Hill Posts: 221FreedomPop Newbie, UK Pro ✭✭✭
edited November 2015 in Community Lounge #1
I've just counted; I have received 8 of these requests in the past 48 hours. They go like this:

"Your friend, xxxxxxxx has invited you to connect and has requested that you share 50."

I was a bit miffed the first time this happened and I accepted only to discover I was 40MB worse off. I reported it as negative feedback to the team, but they assured me it was a bug. Thinking about it, they're right because there's no functionality to invite someone to be your FP friend and ask them for data at the same time.

I received the odd request like this over the days that followed, expecting the bug to be resolved by the developers. Seems not, I have received EIGHT such requests in the past 48 hours. That's not good. Given that I have already reached my +200MB friends bonus limit, accepting these eight requests would leave me 400MB worse off this month. Maybe I'll accept one per month, provided I have spare data. I expect more to arrive, however, so I could build up quite a backlog.

This bug surely needs to be fixed.
Monthly billing cycle starts on day 3

Comments

• yodaofborgyodaofborg Posts: 20FreedomPop Newbie
    Yeah, same thing happened to me. Only I didn't realise until after I gave away most of my data. It is my own fault for not reading I guess, I just clicked away the requests and then wondered where all my data had gone.

Oh well, I will be double checking any requests in future!
  • cagstercagster Posts: 168FreedomPop Newbie ✭✭✭
    I have received quite a few of these and couldnt see how as a user to ask for this - its a frequent bug - not something that happens occasionally and shouldnt prove that difficult to recreate
  • ritsonritson Posts: 172FreedomPop Newbie ✭✭✭
    edited November 2015 #4
    ive got 3 sims for me & my family & ive got loads of these on all the accounts i didnt notice at first either & give away loads of data on each account :(
    jason ritson 1st
    andrea ritson 6th
    adam ritson 12th
  • 1stJohn Arkley1stJohn Arkley Posts: 392FreedomPop Newbie ✭✭✭
    Yes I'm getting them too. It miffed me that much that I've temporarily took my email from the data friends list.
    Billing cycle starts ~ 1st of month
  • Chris PritchardChris Pritchard Posts: 90FreedomPop Newbie ✭✭✭
    I have had 15 over the last 7 days:

Your friend, ********** has invited you to connect and has requested that you share 50.
    13 hours ago
    Accept ************'s Invitation
    #TalkIsCheapUK
    I dont know whether anyone from "support" reads our posts - if they do please prioritize it as high and fix asap
  • Chris PritchardChris Pritchard Posts: 90FreedomPop Newbie ✭✭✭
    I belive it's to do with the My Freedom Friends on the right on the web-site when logged in.

Short on Data this month? Ask a friend to share MBs.

Current Friend Data Pool: 46.0 GBs

View all of my Freedom Friends

I can request 50mb from each. If I request one from my 2nd account, I get:

Your friend, Iestyn Pritchard has invited you to connect and has requested that you share 50.
    1 hours ago
    Accept Iestyn Pritchard's Invitation
    #TalkIsCheapUK
    Oh - I see
  • 3rd start - Kelvin Hill3rd start - Kelvin Hill Posts: 221FreedomPop Newbie, UK Pro ✭✭✭
    I have sent a screenshot to the support team showing three such invitation/requests, one after another. Hopefully, they will take note and resolve soon.
  • Ali Ali Posts: 6,735FreedomPop Master, Test Role, iOS Master ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey guys, I apologize for the inconvenience. This is a confirmed bug however you can prevent the data share from happening by going into the Earn Free > Freedom Friends > Invite requests and approve them from there.
  • David GriggsDavid Griggs Posts: 46FreedomPop Newbie
    Just to clarify a point, if I gain a friend do I get 10mb every month providing they remain with freedompop or is it just a one off?
  • 3rd start - Kelvin Hill3rd start - Kelvin Hill Posts: 221FreedomPop Newbie, UK Pro ✭✭✭
    You get 10MB per friend per month, but there is a UK maximum of 200MB extra per MONTH, so you need at least 20 friends to start every month with 400MB. Ideally, you should get as many as you can. They will act as reserves for when someone leaves, and you may even be gifted excess data from someone at the end of their billing cycle. Sign up! You have nothing to lose, but data to gain! :)
  • David GriggsDavid Griggs Posts: 46FreedomPop Newbie
    Thanks for the link unfortunately it wouldn't open, also trying to find were else I could join the friends group. Beyondperukelvin if you send a friends invitation to me at [email protected] I shall be pleased to donate data as I have 200mb spare as my billing cycle is fast approaching.
    I think it would be a good idea you put our billing cycles as a signature?
    edited November 2015 #17
    @John., Ah...but isn't the billing cycle 30 days, so the day of the month will change each month that doesn't have 30 days? I suppose a solution will be to update the last day of the billing cycle each time you move into a new cycle. Painful, but maybe worth it. :)
    Post edited by 3rd start - Kelvin Hill on
  • limeylimey Posts: 674FreedomPop Newbie ✭✭✭
    edited November 2015 #18

@John., Ah...but isn't the billing cycle 30 days, so the day of the month will change each month that doesn't have 30 days? I suppose a solution will be to update the last day of the billing cycle each time you move into a new cycle. Painful, but maybe with it. :)

Stateside, my billing cycle has reliably been on the same date each month on my devices. Would have thought that the UK would be the same, though I'm not sure what happens when your billing day is on the 31st, though...

I think that some folks have already put their billing date into their usernames, judging by some names I've seen on the forum.
    I think you are right about ending on the same day each month, rather than a true 30 days.
    I'll know for sure in about a weeks time.
    I created a page last night for people to list when their billing cycle starts, allowing FP friends to credit those who could make most use of extra data. I posted it, but then deleted the post this morning because it dawned on me that it would probably become a victim of its own success, with potentially thousands of names listed. That would become unmanageable because the chances of a user being able to identify their own FP friends from the list would be too remote, rendering the list pointless.

What it needs is an extension to the SHARE DATA section of the site. Given that it already lists who your friends are, it could easily list them according to the day of the month that their billing cycle commences. Maybe I'll report that to the feedback team.
  • ritsonritson Posts: 172FreedomPop Newbie ✭✭✭
    im getting them again
    Your friend, ?????? ?????? has invited you to connect and has requested that you share 50.
    jason ritson 1st
    andrea ritson 6th
    adam ritson 12th
    @ritson, as mentioned in a post somewhere, simply log into your account via the web, then navigate to Earn Free > Freedom Friends > Invite Requests > Received, where you can accept them without having to part with data. You probably knew that anyway. :)