Spending £1.99/month for Premium Voice? STOP NOW!

3rd start - Kelvin Hill3rd start - Kelvin Hill Posts: 221FreedomPop Newbie, UK Pro ✭✭✭
When I signed up for Premium Voice, it was 99p per month. A couple of days later when I signed up for my wife's account, it was £1.99, even though it costs $1.99 in the U.S. (moan, moan).

I was planning on subscribing all six in my family for Premium Voice, since I figured £6 a month for each of us was a fair deal. £12/month on the other hand, not so fair.

So, I kept my account on Premium Voice for 99p and my wife's for £1.99, but cancelled it for the kids when the free month ran out.

And what do you know? I've just noticed my kids' accounts are showing a Premium Voice offer for 99p per month. It says "50% off special." Hmm...

Not only have I just signed up each of my kids, but I also cancelled my wife's Premium Voice, at which point the 99p offer appeared on the homepage as expected, and I signed her up for it too. Now I have what I had planned for in the first place. Doh!

So, if you're spending £1.99/month on Premium Voice, stop right now. Cancel the service and then immediately sign up for 99p/month.

CAUTION: I have no idea how long they will be running this "promotion," or if they are still testing the waters to find out where the critical mass is for sign-up, so please don't blame me if you cancel and find it has gone back to £1.99. As of today, 20 November 2015, (and the past week or so), Premium Voice signup is 99p. Act now.
Monthly billing cycle starts on day 3

Comments

• 1stJohn Arkley1stJohn Arkley Posts: 392FreedomPop Newbie ✭✭✭
    It says its 1.99 for me. I don't like it when company's have different prices for different customers!
    Billing cycle starts ~ 1st of month
  • 3rd start - Kelvin Hill3rd start - Kelvin Hill Posts: 221FreedomPop Newbie, UK Pro ✭✭✭
    @John. You know what to do. Do it now.
  • Ali Ali Posts: 6,705FreedomPop Master, Test Role, iOS Master ✭✭✭✭✭
    @beyondperukelvin The 99p promo will be active forever. You might want to keep that link you received for the 99p promo and use it on any other accounts you have ;)
  • BuryBury Posts: 8FreedomPop Newbie
    I accepted the offer for a 2nd 100% free sim and noticed that they were offering Premium Voice at 50% discount 99p per month. I currently pay £1.99pm. So I tried cancelling and reactivating on my original sim but it only offered the £1.99 p month service! Dodgy practices! I have e mailed Customer Services.
  • 3rd start - Kelvin Hill3rd start - Kelvin Hill Posts: 221FreedomPop Newbie, UK Pro ✭✭✭
    That must be a glitch. the 99p/month offer should be available to everyone.
  • BuryBury Posts: 8FreedomPop Newbie
    Bury said:

I accepted the offer for a 2nd 100% free sim and noticed that they were offering Premium Voice at 50% discount 99p per month. I currently pay £1.99pm. So I tried cancelling and reactivating on my original sim but it only offered the £1.99 p month service! Dodgy practices! I have e mailed Customer Services.

Eventually Customer Services told me the price was £1.99 pm and could I let them have a screen shot of the 99p offer. This was done and so far silence! To be continued!