calling quality issue

cdma62xcdma62x Posts: 17FreedomPop Newbie
Hello, I am right now staying at Manchester. The calling quality can vary from time to time throughout the day. I try make calling through WIFI, 4G, 3G. 60% of my calls have bad calling quality, even sometimes by using cellular network (premium service), the quality is just so so. Is it because I live in the congested area? Please suggest what I could possibly do to improve the calling quality.

Comments

• cagstercagster Posts: 169FreedomPop Newbie ✭✭✭
    Well I agree quality varies. On a positive note I made a standard call from centre of birmingham via H+ data and the call quality was outstanding, the quality and clarity was significantly better than a standard mobile or normal phone call. I find premium to be slightly worse than a standard mobile call.

Other times I have tried standard call from home wifi which is reasonable speed and stable and the quality have been poor and had break ups in voice
  • 3rd start - Kelvin Hill3rd start - Kelvin Hill Posts: 221FreedomPop Newbie, UK Pro ✭✭✭
    My mobile signal drops every few seconds when my phone is in 4G (or less) mode. As an experiment, perhaps you should try switching to 3G (or less) mode. It has improved the quality of my calls. Maybe the same will work for you.
    Monthly billing cycle starts on day 3
  • mhanburymhanbury Posts: 46FreedomPop Newbie
    Call quality for me recently has been really poor and distorted even with a good signal on premium voice.
  • 3rd start - Kelvin Hill3rd start - Kelvin Hill Posts: 221FreedomPop Newbie, UK Pro ✭✭✭
    @mhanbury, I agree. As a result, I make the minimum number of calls I can get away with and send texts where possible. Last Saturday, I forced Premium Voice to make a call when I couldn't connect using what appeared to be a strong data signal. The call was very patchy; just enough to communicate the minimum information and finish as quickly as possible. It didn't equate to 2G line quality at all. It was a bit like two tin cans joined together with a piece of string a mile long. Even so, I was grateful for the "free call," I just wished the quality had been higher. I found myself feeling anxious during the call, especially by the time I had said, "sorry, what was that?" a few times. I can feel a new phobia coming on: "FreedomPopPhobia -- the fear of making a patchy call"
  • Mark ClarkstoneMark Clarkstone Posts: 5FreedomPop Newbie
    At first calls were completely garbled for me using Wifi/3G/4G I disabled echo cancellation and since then calls have been crystal clear both ways.
  • Fabrizio MartellucciFabrizio Martellucci Posts: 657FreedomPop Newbie, UK Pro ✭✭✭✭

At first calls were completely garbled for me using Wifi/3G/4G I disabled echo cancellation and since then calls have been crystal clear both ways.

On what phone please ? :)
    Billing cycle 7th
  • 19nbg7119nbg71 Posts: 63FreedomPop Newbie

@mhanbury, I agree. As a result, I make the minimum number of calls I can get away with and send texts where possible. Last Saturday, I forced Premium Voice to make a call when I couldn't connect using what appeared to be a strong data signal. The call was very patchy; just enough to communicate the minimum information and finish as quickly as possible. It didn't equate to 2G line quality at all. It was a bit like two tin cans joined together with a piece of string a mile long. Even so, I was grateful for the "free call," I just wished the quality had been higher. I found myself feeling anxious during the call, especially by the time I had said, "sorry, what was that?" a few times. I can feel a new phobia coming on: "FreedomPopPhobia -- the fear of making a patchy call"

@beyondperukelvin is it not a paid call when you pay for premium voice.we are paying for a better call quality...i would hate to think what the service would be like without premium voice...but hey ho another message posted on the forum that is unanswered :)
    @19nbg71, sure, I know we don't pay extra for using Premium Voice (other than the monthly charge), but that service is supposed to be there as a failsafe because it incurs a cost for FP, it isn't supposed to be used for all our calls. VOIP calls don't have the same overhead, so FP's model is that we should only be switched to Premium Voice as a last resort. I suspect many of us, however, are forcing Premium Voice to make the call even when Premium Voice doesn't automatically kick in. FP won't be happy with that.