got myself a black friday free sim

ritsonritson Posts: 172FreedomPop Newbie ✭✭✭
i got an email today offering me a free 2nd sim so i took advantage...
i dont know what im going to do with it but it was free & you cant argue with that

(it took me an hour to cycle through all the numbers until i found a good one)
jason ritson 1st
andrea ritson 6th
adam ritson 12th

Comments

• 1stJohn Arkley1stJohn Arkley Posts: 392FreedomPop Newbie ✭✭✭
    Me too, trouble now I need to spend more money on a second phone for it! I found a number that was only 2 numbers different to my landline(other than the code)
    Billing cycle starts ~ 1st of month
  • gnfgnf Posts: 64FreedomPop Newbie
    +1
    Could be handy for gifting data to family and friends since the new billing cycle is on a different date.
  • mhanburymhanbury Posts: 46FreedomPop Newbie
    I've had that email but can you downgrade to the free 200 plan?
  • yodaofborgyodaofborg Posts: 20FreedomPop Newbie
    me three. will be a nice back up if i run out of data (again) if nothing else.
  • ritsonritson Posts: 172FreedomPop Newbie ✭✭✭
    Yes you can downgrade to the free plan
    I don't have a phone for it either but who knows what Xmas will bring :)
    jason ritson 1st
    andrea ritson 6th
    adam ritson 12th
  • Alex WalesAlex Wales Posts: 68FreedomPop Newbie
    Just ordered mine - will put it in my old phone (the current home fo my 1st FP sim) that I use to go running - now I can stream internet radio!

One thing though... when I signed up for the 2nd sim, I used a different email address than for my first (which I changed recently to not be my main personal email for when I get around to posting it on the FPfriends list). It seems now this second sim has its own separate account. Does this mean I can gift to my first sim from the second?
  • Alex WalesAlex Wales Posts: 68FreedomPop Newbie
    Well I should have tested it before asking the question...
    yes, I have successfully transferred 20mb from my new second sim to my original first sim.
    So, even if I never plug in the second sim, I can transfer data on a monthly basis should I choose to do so, and saves me getting out the begging bowl ;)

I just hope that this is what Stephen does, and I'm not in violation of any T&Cs...
  • Fabrizio MartellucciFabrizio Martellucci Posts: 657FreedomPop Newbie, UK Pro ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2015 #9
    Tempting, how many SiMs can one have under one email ?
    Billing cycle 7th
  • Fabrizio MartellucciFabrizio Martellucci Posts: 657FreedomPop Newbie, UK Pro ✭✭✭✭
    Argos has a Bush Spira Dual Sim for £39.99 (down from £59.99) the specs ain't bad despite being a 3G only phone. :D
    Billing cycle 7th
    edited November 2015 #11
    ritson said:

Yes you can downgrade to the free plan

I don't have a phone for it either but who knows what Xmas will bring :)

How? I'm not seeing it in the account settings.

Edit, worked it out.
    http://www.freedompop.com/account/nXVtOzqg931GfaW/downgradePlan
  • mhanburymhanbury Posts: 46FreedomPop Newbie
    Thanks everyone ordered one and downgraded had to edit the plan to find the downgrade option. It wasn't clear but sorted it.
  • gnfgnf Posts: 64FreedomPop Newbie
    Don't forget to untick the auto top-up, if you don't want it.
  • Rich Sias (16th)Rich Sias (16th) Posts: 3,282FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, FreedomPop Expert ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fabyon said:

Tempting, how many SiMs can one have under one email ?

In USA, its limit 5 devices per email account.
    However here the 5 devices all share the same friends list and ONLY one receives the gifts sent to the account. Giving is limited to 500 MB monthly for the account not per device.
    If you want EACH device to have friends and get free data +friends cnx data +gifting, then you need each device in separate accounts.

Be my Valentine ZTE, Victory, LG Volt, 803S, & 4 SIMs
  • 3rd start - Kelvin Hill3rd start - Kelvin Hill Posts: 221FreedomPop Newbie, UK Pro ✭✭✭
    @Rich Sias (16th), I noticed the two spare SIMs I ordered (one each on two different accounts) were sharing the Friends list with account from which they were ordered.

It isn't yet clear to me how there is any benefit to having more than one SIM on a single account. If data can't be shared between them, worse still, if the data sharing is split between the two SIMs, it seems to be positively disadvantageous to have more than one SIM per account. I fail to see the benefit.

I will probably just disable everything on the SIMs and keep them tucked away in a draw in the event of one of my kids running out of calls or data and having their account suspended, in which case they can use the spare SIM to tide them over. Wait a minute though, I'm guessing that if one SIM gets suspended, that will probably suspend both SIMs because the suspension will be per account, not per SIM.

Did I miss something? Where is the benefit from having more than one SIM on an account? How many people have more than one phone with different numbers? Who would want that? Someone please explain the rationale behind this. :)
    Monthly billing cycle starts on day 3
  • David GriggsDavid Griggs Posts: 46FreedomPop Newbie
    Re Fabyon post, I cannot find a Bush Spira at £39.99 at Argos that is dual sim.

Re Fabyon post, I cannot find a Bush Spira at £39.99 at Argos that is dual sim.

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/3978335.htm
    Billing cycle 7th
  • David AyeniDavid Ayeni Posts: 1FreedomPop Newbie
    Did make use of that so called '100% free second sim offer' and have now just noticed a £4.99 charge on my bank card. Will be disputing this with fp but just a warning in case anyone still trying to order the second sim.
    Also I did make sure I cancel the additional premium feature on the second sim immediately I finished the transaction. I haven't even received the SIM card.
    edited November 2015 #19

Did make use of that so called '100% free second sim offer' and have now just noticed a £4.99 charge on my bank card. Will be disputing this with fp but just a warning in case anyone still trying to order the second sim.
    Also I did make sure I cancel the additional premium feature on the second sim immediately I finished the transaction. I haven't even received the SIM card.

I would make enquiries but they're pretty good at refunding, it seems to be a charge for the Premium 500 package as it's the only thing with that price range, have you checked in your billing section (in Overview) what the charge is posted against.
    Billing cycle 7th
  • 3rd start - Kelvin Hill3rd start - Kelvin Hill Posts: 221FreedomPop Newbie, UK Pro ✭✭✭
    @Fabyon, reviews suggest that the Bush phone you linked to is truly awful. Whoops. Not sure I'd want my name associated with that one. ;)

Shame we can't make use of any of the good deals featured at the top of the FP site. A Moto E 2nd generation phone for $40 is crazily cheap. I ordered two direct from Motorola (courtesy of their Black Friday deal) on Saturday for £70 each, unlocked. That's...what...over $100 each? Sheesh, and that was a bargain. Rip-off Britain strikes again.
    Monthly billing cycle starts on day 3
    I never said it was good ! :D lol But for 40 quid cheap and cheerful and the specification aren't bad for the money.
    Billing cycle 7th
    recieved my black friday free sim this morning... i dont have a phone for it yet
    it come in a white envelope so no throwing it out with the trash mail @Solomon

jason ritson 1st
    andrea ritson 6th
    adam ritson 12th
    The Vodafone smart range get good reviews and cheap to unlock. They start around £25 on amazon
    im waiting to see if the "Motorola Moto G Turbo Edition" comes to the uk
    but i would love a "Motorola Moto X Force"
    jason ritson 1st
    andrea ritson 6th
    adam ritson 12th
    ritson said:

im waiting to see if the "Motorola Moto G Turbo Edition" comes to the uk
    but i would love a "Motorola Moto X Force"

Never heard of the turbo now I have to extend my wish list lol I honestly wanted a dual sim moto G third generation but I don't if they've made it yet for the Asian market yet.
    Billing cycle 7th
    I just read up about that moto G turbo ( yay it's dual sim ) and now I want it bad lol
    Billing cycle 7th