Free Plan not showing

martinlyonmartinlyon Posts: 3FreedomPop Newbie
Hi, i joined up yesterday and wanted to see all the options....
so, went into in plans section only to find there was no option to choose the free plan....
why is this?
Also i contacted email support about the issue and all they did was tell what the free plan was..... not very helpful...
so if i wanted to downgrade to the free plan at any time how to i do it....

thank you for your help in advance

Comments

• Fabrizio MartellucciFabrizio Martellucci Posts: 657FreedomPop Newbie, UK Pro ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2015 #2
    It's there as a downgrade ( not the best location I agree ).

Go to your dashboard > my account > plans

Once there you'll see your current plan ( the one that shows first ) under the name of your plan there's a clickable link called ' details and plan management ' click on it.

Once there just look for the link ' downgrade ' you'll be able to downgrade to the basic 200 follow all the prompts as you'll probably need to confirm twice that you want to downgrade.
    Billing cycle 7th
  • martinlyonmartinlyon Posts: 3FreedomPop Newbie
    ah... excellent thank you for your help.......
    How do you find the service, as it seems a bit to good to be true type thing??
  • Fabrizio MartellucciFabrizio Martellucci Posts: 657FreedomPop Newbie, UK Pro ✭✭✭✭

ah... excellent thank you for your help.......
    How do you find the service, as it seems a bit to good to be true type thing??

Still young (started in September) and they're still ironing out the kinks but as I mentioned in another thread I wouldn't use it for mission critical devices that is, not for work or for people that need to be on call ( I wouldn't suggest any MVNO for that either but just one of the big four businesses account as one gets higher priority on the masts ).

It's the perfect companion sim for a dual sim phone where freedompop gives you that free data as well as fall back texts/voice and you put the second sim (hopefully from another network which isn't Three) so that you get proper 2G/3G redundancy (some dual sim have a 3G and 2G slots some others 3G/3G or 4G/2G, apparently some are even 4G/3G outside the EU).
    Billing cycle 7th
  • 3rd start - Kelvin Hill3rd start - Kelvin Hill Posts: 221FreedomPop Newbie, UK Pro ✭✭✭
    edited November 2015 #5
    @martinlyon, the service promised is outstanding. The service delivered is great. I find text and data excellent (as long as you don't include graphical emoticons in your texts). Call performance is like Russian Roulette when you're out and about, even with Premium Voice enabled (which it is for me). Expect to have to try a couple of times to get through to your desired number, and then expect the call to be patchy and break up mid-call. If you are an on-call brain surgeon contacted by phone--forget it. If you like texting and using data, but don't really like talking to people--it's your lucky day.

The system has its quirks. When you understand what they are, it's great! :)
    Monthly billing cycle starts on day 3
  • Jorge Jorge Posts: 3,387 admin
    @martinlyon if you continue to have issues in downgrading please feel free to let me or @Karina Magana know and we will be glad to assist you with your request :)
  • martinlyonmartinlyon Posts: 3FreedomPop Newbie
    thank you. awaiting sim card at the moment but did try with just a wifi to mobile call and was a bit laggy, but will try with the sim when it arrives..... thanks everyone