one account, two devices, two SIMs (two different numbers) but only one number works on both devices

Petr NemgPetr Nemg Posts: 18FreedomPop Newbie
Hello all,
I have interesting problem. I ordered two SIMs (and two numbers) from FreedomPop. Both SIMs arrived fine. I put first SIM into my sons phone (Samnsung Note 3) and installed app. Everything worked fine. When my daughter SIM arrived, I put it into her phone (Wileyfox Swift) and installed app.
Her phone appeares to registered with my sons number and now, whenever I (or anyone) calls my son both phones rings at the same time! :) When I call her phone number no answer and none of the phones rings.
Support asked me to uninstall and re-install the app on both phones at the same time.
If anyone have the same issue let me know how you solved it.
Petr

Best Answer

Answers

• 1stJohn Arkley1stJohn Arkley Posts: 392FreedomPop Newbie ✭✭✭
    I'm on to support with a similar prob. I have two sims but my fist number seems to have got deleted. They've now put the first number on the second sim. It now has that number on my account but its not resisting (so not ringing ) on my phone.
    Billing cycle starts ~ 1st of month
  • Fabrizio MartellucciFabrizio Martellucci Posts: 657FreedomPop Newbie, UK Pro ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2015 #4
    Did you login in the app with your email or the phone number that corresponds to the sim received ?
    Post edited by Fabrizio Martellucci on
    Billing cycle 7th
  • Petr NemgPetr Nemg Posts: 18FreedomPop Newbie
    @Fabyon I had to log into my daughter's phone (Wileyfox Swift) manually. The SIM was not recognised, when I installed the app.
    I forgot to mention, that I did what support asked me to do - uninstall and reinstall the app, but it did not help. The situation is still the same.
  • njfulwider5njfulwider5 Posts: 10,413FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, Test Role, FreedomPop Expert, FreedomFan, Android Master , FP Flyer ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sometimes a simple Profile and PRL update will work. Usually we get this sometimes when we have more than one phone on the same account. Updating the Profile mainly will sometimes reset the phone to use the correct number.

Settings>>>>Update System, or Update Phone

Great Tips and Trick, User Guides and How to's in my Signature-(Take a Peek)

Hope you find any post I have created helpful. Please look for my How to-s(Downgrading-100% Free) and (How to use the FreedomPop Community), or my Guides on FreedomPop Devices(Phones) and (Hotspots). Here is one on (FreedomPop Plans). Here is one on all (FreedomPop Apps). He is one on(Traveling with your GSM Global Sim?) or Common Question about the (GSM Global Sim). You can PM me anytime by clicking this link here njfulwider5. Than click the BUTTON with the (Small Envelope), to left of the word (MESSAGE). I will do my best help. Welcome to FreedomPop

• mhanburymhanbury Posts: 46FreedomPop Newbie
    How do you log into the android app with the mobile number instead of the email address it just errors to me on the login. Is there a specific number format which needs to be used?
  • Fabrizio MartellucciFabrizio Martellucci Posts: 657FreedomPop Newbie, UK Pro ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2015 #10
    Sorry I assumed you were using an iphone, my fault.

For android when the app doesn't detect the sim I just resynch the app and that does the trick. If that doesn't work, just go in settings then apps, find the messenger app then clear its cache and data, then force stop. After that just go back to your homescreen and start the app again, it should show the proper number, you could also resynch it just to make sure but it shouldn't need it.
    Billing cycle 7th
    @Fabyon How to you enter phone number when you log in? I only see field for email and password not number.
    Thanks
  • mhanburymhanbury Posts: 46FreedomPop Newbie
    Oh well I thought there may have been a way of logging in with the mobile number. I have an interesting bug now. If I text sim 2 it's received on sim 2. If I text sim 1 it's received on sim 1 and sim 2.
    Petr Nemg said:

@Fabyon How to you enter phone number when you log in? I only see field for email and password not number.
    Thanks

It's only for the iPhone Freedompop app that's possible.
    Billing cycle 7th
    Petr Nemg said:

Thanks

See my post above yours for android see if that helps
    Billing cycle 7th
    @Fabyon I will try your method for android when I get home and let you know.

My call to support was closed stated solved, because I did not contacted then for 48 hour. They are CLOSED whole weekend = 48 hour! Not happy about this - they even did not call me as they promised.
    Petr Nemg said:

@Fabyon I will try your method for android when I get home and let you know.

My call to support was closed stated solved, because I did not contacted then for 48 hour. They are CLOSED whole weekend = 48 hour! Not happy about this - they even did not call me as they promised.

I hope my solution helps, fingers crossed ;)
    Billing cycle 7th
    @Fabyon I tried your method. Unfortunately it goes back to the same screen "Unable to recognize SIM" After that I have only two options Manual Login and OK.
    OK does not do anything as far as I can tell and manual login register the phone with wrong number. :(

I will keep trying with support. They does not know what to do with it neither ATM.
    Ask them to send you a replacement SIM there's definitely something wrong with it, it seems.
    Billing cycle 7th
    That's great but if you had told us it was a dual sim ...you've had a different solution in our replies lol

Glad it's sorted though :)
    Billing cycle 7th
  • gnfgnf Posts: 64FreedomPop Newbie
    @Fabyon QUOTE:
    "The sim never get recognised with me, but once you log in into the app with the mobile number and not the email, then it will show and know that that's the number connected with the sim inserted. If you log in into the app with your email it will always show by default the first sim number you've registered under that email.'

I tried login with my mobile number on my android phone before later postings saying that advice was for iPhone. Contrary to the experience posted later, it worked for me.

Thanks @Fabyon.