Six Weeks Later And Still No Service.

VitoVito Posts: 10FreedomPop Newbie
The 'free' service lasted a month and nothing since.
Contacted customer service twice who promised to get my service restored and pass it on to the 'technical' department , nothing since.
Reinstalled the apps three times , still unable to make or receive voice calls but texts enabled.

I have had mobile phones since they were the size of a house brick so I am not exactly a novice in the use of them.

Is there any such thing as a free lunch ?

Anne.

Comments

• Fabrizio MartellucciFabrizio Martellucci Posts: 657FreedomPop Newbie, UK Pro ✭✭✭✭
    Just to make sure, when not in proximity of a WiFi source you do have mobile data enabled ?

Have you checked in the app settings that in audio you have Opus and PCMU ticked ?

Also could you tell us which brand and model of phone you have as others might have had the same issue and could help you.

I'm an internet ' midwife ' so understand how having seen the birth of all sort of technologies it might be frustrating for something not to work as it should.

I've had my free lunch for the past two months ;)
    Billing cycle 7th
  • Revolution76Revolution76 Posts: 1FreedomPop Newbie
    Still waiting for reply over activation of 2 phones, one phone did not have back cover, when contacting technical support no answer after 1 hour of waiting, been over the 48 hour Troy you promised, and does my 'free' month start upon activation
  • Fabrizio MartellucciFabrizio Martellucci Posts: 657FreedomPop Newbie, UK Pro ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2015 #4

Still waiting for reply over activation of 2 phones, one phone did not have back cover, when contacting technical support no answer after 1 hour of waiting, been over the 48 hour Troy you promised, and does my 'free' month start upon activation

Would you really mind reposting your complaint in the USA section of this forum please, as you've posted in the UK section by mistake. Thank you and I hope they'll sort your phones' woes.

For your type of complaint this USA section should be the right one
    https://forums.freedompop.com/categories/devices
    Billing cycle 7th
  • VitoVito Posts: 10FreedomPop Newbie
    Thanks for the reply Fabyon.
    The settings were as you suggested. The strange thing it was working perfectly for 1 month and then stopped.
    I have tried ringing it from my other phone , it rings but when I answer it just keeps ringing.
    I can send and receive texts but cannot make or receive calls.
    The mobile is a Motorola Moto E.

Anne. :)
    Vito said:

Thanks for the reply Fabyon.
    The settings were as you suggested. The strange thing it was working perfectly for 1 month and then stopped.
    I have tried ringing it from my other phone , it rings but when I answer it just keeps ringing.
    I can send and receive texts but cannot make or receive calls.
    The mobile is a Motorola Moto E.

Anne. :)

I'm so sorry Anne but I'm stumped since it was working before and you've done all the uninstalling and resynch. I think it's best to raise a support ticket to be honest.

http://uk.freedompop.com/contact.htm
    Billing cycle 7th
  • JoylfitzJoylfitz Posts: 31FreedomPop Newbie
    Sounds like my experience so far. Doesn't work on wifi. Constant error messages. Extremely unreliable as far as whether it will actually ring when someone calls. When it does ring I can't hear the person on the other end. I've been on the phone for hours with customer service, contacted them on twitter, facebook and email. They all tell me the same thing, to uninstall and reinstall the app, update the MSL, update the PRL and to take the battery in and out. None of that works.
    Thank you for the replies.

I am not going to waste any more time on it ,perhaps if I had signed up for the 'premium' service things may have been different.

The 3 signal is by no means the best in this area and never has been.

Sounded like a good idea at the time and I've only lost £6.99 ,not bad for the company if a few thousand spend £6.99 for a months service. ;)

Best wishes

Anne.
    Vito said:

Thank you for the replies.

I am not going to waste any more time on it ,perhaps if I had signed up for the 'premium' service things may have been different.

The 3 signal is by no means the best in this area and never has been.

Sounded like a good idea at the time and I've only lost £6.99 ,not bad for the company if a few thousand spend £6.99 for a months service. ;)

Best wishes

Anne.

Actually they have a money back guarantee so ask for a refund.
    Billing cycle 7th
    Thanks for the suggestion Fabyon.
    I've no idea how to go about asking for a refund.
    If it's anything like as tortuous as trying to get the system to work is it worth the time and effort ?

Regards

Anne.
    @Karina Magana could you look this up for a refund please ?
    Billing cycle 7th
  • 3rd start - Kelvin Hill3rd start - Kelvin Hill Posts: 221FreedomPop Newbie, UK Pro ✭✭✭
    There are some definite teething problems still ongoing.

Some are having problems with calls when on WiFi, others with calls when no WiFi is available (including my daughter's Moto G 1st gen).

It strikes me that the Support Department is at a loss as to how to advise much beyond asking everyone to uninstall the app, restart, and reinstall. That may resolve the issue for some, but certainly not all.

Call quality remains a tricky issue. When it's good, super, but when it's not so good, it's infuriating. Premium Voice certainly seems to be a bit of a misnomer. My experience to date is that it is consistently much lower quality than 2G. I don't know how that's possible, but that's how it is. The promise of switching seamlessly between the two seems like something dreamed up by the Marketing Department rather than the real state of affairs.

Still, I'm sticking with FP for the time being. I love the idea of it, even if the reality falls way short of what is promised.
    Monthly billing cycle starts on day 3
    Thanks Fabyon.

Kelvin

What I find strange is that it worked satisfactory for the first month , I had not changed the settings at all and on the second month I cannot make or receive calls but can make and receive texts.

Is the 3 network blocking the service or perhaps FP are not really interested in you if you only choose the basic free service ?

I have spoken to customer service and carefully explained the problem ,but to no avail.

The concept is excellent but with such a patchy service it's not really a lot of use at all.

I have only tried it on a spare phone that I use on WiFi for faultless connections to Viber , so nothing is lost.

Best wishes

Anne.
    Not only have I not been able to use this 'service' since the first month but now an unauthorised payment of £10 has been removed from my bank account 'for data top up'.

How can I have used any data when I have not been able to make a call for nearly 8 weeks and have always used home WiFi when attempting to make a call on this 'totally free service' ?

I wish you to totally cancel my subscription immediately and refund all monies paid to you.

If you disregard this request I will report the matter to Ofcom without further notice.

AK.
    edited December 2015 #15
    @Jorge M. @Karina Magana @Ali could any of you escalate this to support and action the refund please ?
    Billing cycle 7th
  • yodaofborgyodaofborg Posts: 20FreedomPop Newbie
    Probably a bit late, but I realise you mentioned Viber. If you have the option on in Viber to try make all calls via Viber, it breaks Freedompop. It is on by default, so it could be a likely culprit for this issue.

Probably a bit late, but I realise you mentioned Viber. If you have the option on in Viber to try make all calls via Viber, it breaks Freedompop. It is on by default, so it could be a likely culprit for this issue.

Thanks for the thought.

I disabled Viber thinking this may be the issue, but it wasn't.

The system doesn't work for me anyway.

I just want rid of it once and for all because customer service is none existent.

Thanks anyway.

I have still not received the courtesy of a reply from any member of the support team.
    What is the email address of this company before I air my complaints on Twitter , Facebook and with Ofcom.

Thanks

Anne.

• 1stJohn Arkley1stJohn Arkley Posts: 392FreedomPop Newbie ✭✭✭
    edited December 2015 #19
    Vito said:

I have still not received the courtesy of a reply from any member of the support team.
    What is the email address of this company before I air my complaints on Twitter , Facebook and with Ofcom.

Thanks

Anne.

Try [email protected] & [email protected]
    I've always had answers pretty quick at this time of day.
    Billing cycle starts ~ 1st of month
  • Jorge Jorge Posts: 3,387 admin
    @Vito I have gone ahead and sent you a PM, please check your Forum inbox when you get a chance. I apologize for the lack of support you have experienced thus far :/
    Jorge M. said:

@Vito I have gone ahead and sent you a PM, please check your Forum inbox when you get a chance. I apologize for the lack of support you have experienced thus far :/

Thank you , Jorge M

PM replied to with the information you required.

Regards

Anne.

• 1stJohn Arkley1stJohn Arkley Posts: 392FreedomPop Newbie ✭✭✭
    Keep us posted to if and how you get sorted
    Billing cycle starts ~ 1st of month
    John. said:

Keep us posted to if and how you get sorted

Jorge M very kindly sorted it out to my complete satisfaction. :)
  • Gregory PodolecGregory Podolec Posts: 8FreedomPop Newbie
    I also was charged a $10 top up fee and I don't know how this works at all. What is this fee for? Can I use it towards my monthly bill? I don't think I authorized FP to take $10 from my bank account?

I also was charged a $10 top up fee and I don't know how this works at all. What is this fee for? Can I use it towards my monthly bill? I don't think I authorized FP to take $10 from my bank account?

Would you mind reposting your grievance in the USA Section of the forum, please, as the UK section works differenty than the American's concern. Thanks :) @Karina Magana could you sort this guy out please with his query and move his post to the right section ?
    Billing cycle 7th
  • Douglas ChungDouglas Chung Posts: 76FreedomPop Newbie
    Just Clear Data but it clears out text.
    I have a Moto E gen1.
    It could only send receive text & cant call out.
    DC

1 0
    2 6
    3 47