FreedomPop + VPN

ShyuanShyuan Posts: 10FreedomPop Newbie
Hi,

Trying to use VPN (HMA) while data is on, VPN was successfully enabled, but it's impossible to surf any websites, all apps won't connect to Internet too. Is there a limitation in regards to VPN usage on FP's network?

Answers

• Davey (3rd)Davey (3rd) Posts: 132FreedomPop Newbie
    Shyuan said:

Hi,

Trying to use VPN (HMA) while data is on, VPN was successfully enabled, but it's impossible to surf any websites, all apps won't connect to Internet too. Is there a limitation in regards to VPN usage on FP's network?

Hi Shyuan, I've not tried HMA but I did try VYPRvpn (for Android) today and was surprised to find that it connected no problem while on Freedompop data connection and on my wifi, straight out of the box so to speak, and I was able to browse online ok with my stock browser and chrome, also tried a few apps which connected fine, the plan I tried is a free one which is limited to 500mb per month.
  • MrXTMrXT Posts: 91FreedomPop Newbie
    I use my own private server with the openvpn app and i can use the internet just fine.
  • Chris PritchardChris Pritchard Posts: 90FreedomPop Newbie ✭✭✭
    No problems using Zenmate VPN or AirVPN (via OpenVPN)
    #TalkIsCheapUK
  • ShyuanShyuan Posts: 10FreedomPop Newbie
    Do you guys mind if I ask which APN you select? When my FreedomPop was registered on the device, I have three APNs i.e.

1) 3 Internet
    2) 3 Modem
    3) 3 UK

I forgot which one was selected by default, but I did try changing the APN selection and result was the same. Maybe I should try other VPN apps and see how it goes.

I do appreciate all the responses. :)
  • Davey (3rd)Davey (3rd) Posts: 132FreedomPop Newbie
    In my phone settings it shows APN as three.co.uk
  • CleanlinessCleanliness Posts: 68FreedomPop Newbie
    3UK is mine