freedompop app using data

19nbg7119nbg71 Posts: 63FreedomPop Newbie
ever since my first bill cycle the app seems to be using around 2-5mb per day...nothing changed at my end.....i saw a post with similar problems but i cant find it now(the search isn't very good)
the usage on my phone reports data being used by the app at set intervals and its been taken from my data.... could someone take a look please :)
kind regards karl

Comments

• gnfgnf Posts: 64FreedomPop Newbie
    If it helps...
    Messaging app on my phone (android 4.1.2) does not consume data normally. It listens on 2 TCP and 1 UDP port, this behaviour does not use data. If I fire up the app and Sync Account Data it opens two further TCP ports and uses about 450kB data querying the 2 FP servers (I'm assuming one holds account data and the other message data).
    In total it has used 4MB data in about 2 weeks.
    I don't have any options ticked in the app, other than the defaults.
    I don't get a lot of messages on my number so it doesn't need to wake up very often.
    HTH.
  • 19nbg7119nbg71 Posts: 63FreedomPop Newbie
    well tech support seem to believe this is normal?and have informed me that apps use data etc and for me to use wifi as much as possible....that cant be right can it lol
    kind regards and a merry christmas
    karl
  • DeValle WilliamsDeValle Williams Posts: 24FreedomPop Newbie
    I've had the same issue and is looking for a remedy myself. I've called billing several times to only be told it's "A data ran service" even though I paid for unlimited text and calls. Is your usage data in settings saying it's the messaging app consuming data at large rates? I would love an answer from freedompop as well to the issue.