can't recieve calls

jizangjizang Posts: 8FreedomPop Newbie
Hi

I have a oneplus 2 phone which is duel sim, I have followed the instructions but still can't receive calls. I have read the forums and it seems I have similar problems to some users. I can call out and use data but when people call me, it rings on their end but I don't get ringing on my phone.

When I try to use the messaging app on android I get "unable to recognise sim - Make sure FreedomPop SIM card is inserted properly and in primary slot if duel-sim. Please contact customer support if you continue to have issues" .. All I get is locating user for device.

I want to start using my FreedomPOP free minutes but no point if I can't receive calls.

Comments

• Fabrizio MartellucciFabrizio Martellucci Posts: 657FreedomPop Newbie, UK Pro ✭✭✭✭
    Make sure your sim is in the primary slot ( the one with data ), remove the other sim ( if any ) when you first activate, insert the sim first THEN install the app. Finally sometimes it's easier to activate over WiFi.
    Billing cycle 7th
  • jizangjizang Posts: 8FreedomPop Newbie
    thanks for the reply, got the app to activate but still can't receive calls
    Also by having the app installed, I can not choose to call out from my 2nd sim card. When I phone it always defaults to using freedomPOP to call and does not allow me to choose or to use my phone default call settings, which is to call from simcard 2
  • Fabrizio MartellucciFabrizio Martellucci Posts: 657FreedomPop Newbie, UK Pro ✭✭✭✭
    Yes that's a problem with dual sim phones, fp never claimed to support them so you use one at your discretion.
    Billing cycle 7th
    Fabyon said:

Yes that's a problem with dual sim phones, fp never claimed to support them so you use one at your discretion.

they actually do claim their sims work in dual sim phones on their support pages.
    jizang said:

Fabyon said:

they actually do claim their sims work in dual sim phones on their support pages.
    That's news to me thanks for putting me right.
    Billing cycle 7th
  • mattashhallmattashhall Posts: 6FreedomPop Newbie
    If you want to call from your 2nd SIM you have to FORCE STOP the FreedomPop Messaging App first (in Settings->Apps). Then you can call using your 2nd SIM. A pain but at least it works. Then remember to open the FreedomPop Messaging App after again.

If you want to call from your 2nd SIM you have to FORCE STOP the FreedomPop Messaging App first (in Settings->Apps). Then you can call using your 2nd SIM. A pain but at least it works. Then remember to open the FreedomPop Messaging App after again.

Thanks for your reply, I just deleted the app as I can't receive calls or call out using the app. No point having the app installed if I can't receive calls. Maybe I try again when they FIXED the app...at least I can use DATA without installing the app :)
    jizang said:

Thanks for your reply, I just deleted the app as I can't receive calls or call out using the app. No point having the app installed if I can't receive calls. Maybe I try again when they FIXED the app...at least I can use DATA without installing the app :)
    Very wise :)

Put the app in your wish list so you can keep an eye on it, so you can once there's an update if it is worth your while to install it again
    Billing cycle 7th
    Ok, I nearly got my sim working following @ribbotson guide :) ...

Only problem know is that I can't receive calls if I'm connected to wifi even when I have data connected / on... If I turn off wifi then I can receive calls... anyone facing the same problem or got a fix for this... Hopefully there's a fix soon
  • iamnotspartacusiamnotspartacus Posts: 16FreedomPop Newbie
    Had the same problem with Window Phone apparently you need an Android phone with 4.4 or above for it to receive calls or text, any older version will not work,I tried it on an Android phone with Android 2.3 it didn't work.Reason being you need Freedompop messaging which is only supported on Android 4.0 and Iphone.Pls check your Android version.
  • Yvonne Kaw-GarrisonYvonne Kaw-Garrison Posts: 1FreedomPop Newbie
    I have the same issue. I must be on data for calls to work. When on wifi, the app will try registering, and retry for numerous times and it never connects.