Lost Signal

Chris PritchardChris Pritchard Posts: 90FreedomPop Newbie ✭✭✭
My account was suspended today (apparently according to Customer service it's because I was using a Debit card & you MUST use a Credit card to pay for the service - even though I have used the same DEBIT card for the last 3 months with FP), so i begrudgingly used my Credit card to restore service. I can now use the App again (Yey!!), but since the service was restored, I have lost my mobile connection. No signal at all. Perfect signal until I paid. Now customer service claim its my Sim & I need a new one. I know the service is still Beta, but this is not acceptable.

I have tried sim in Alt phone
Signed out & in to app
Manual network selection (used to show 3, but now shows Freedompop) claims my sim is not authorised to use this network.

All FP did was take payment & refresh my account.
#TalkIsCheapUK

Comments

• Fabrizio MartellucciFabrizio Martellucci Posts: 657FreedomPop Newbie, UK Pro ✭✭✭✭
    That's ludicrous that a credit card is needed, Visa or MasterCard should be enough no matter the type. Fp is OK most of the time but when it's bad it borders on the ridiculous...
    Billing cycle 7th
  • ritsonritson Posts: 172FreedomPop Newbie ✭✭✭
    now i know why i have to keep putting my debit card in every month
    jason ritson 1st
    andrea ritson 6th
    adam ritson 12th
  • SolomonSolomon Posts: 208FreedomPop Newbie
    I had a similar thing hapen to me: my number 2 simcard went AWOL when my mum threw it out because she thought it was advertising junk mail. FP very nicely sent me a replaceent, charged my bank card (sorry, I dn't understand and don't really care about the difference between a credit and a debit card. As far as I' m concerned, it's a card I use for paying for things, then the money gets taken out of my account a little while later) for the postage fee and then refunded the same amount to the same bank card a few days later. But then the original FP card (not the one that got lost and was replaced, which was my second FP card) got switched off -i.e. no more data connection. The account still worked via wifi.
    No doubt a call to FP will sort this out. I'll do that after the holiday period.