"Please uninstall the app"

Thomas SteffenThomas Steffen Posts: 1FreedomPop Newbie
The title pretty much says it - Freedompop Messenger on my xperia z 10 tablet thinks it is the wrong app, and I should install the American app instead. Of course, the American app does not work either.

So, how can I convince the app that I am not in Ameria? Or why would it think so in the first place?

Comments

• 1stJohn Arkley1stJohn Arkley Posts: 392FreedomPop Newbie ✭✭✭
    Are you sure you aren't installing the "free calls and texts" app?
    Billing cycle starts ~ 1st of month
  • SolomonSolomon Posts: 207FreedomPop Newbie
    I had exactly the same thing.
    Definitely the right app, I extracted it from my phone and sideloaded it on the tablet.
    I think in my case the problem is that my tablet's google account is in France, and Freedompop hasn t validated the app for other countries.
    Shades of Big Brother
  • SirPopalotSirPopalot Posts: 18FreedomPop Newbie
    Looks like you're suffering from the lack of tablet support in the UK. See the thread here
  • Fabrizio MartellucciFabrizio Martellucci Posts: 657FreedomPop Newbie, UK Pro ✭✭✭✭
    Solomon said:

I had exactly the same thing.
    Definitely the right app, I extracted it from my phone and sideloaded it on the tablet.
    I think in my case the problem is that my tablet's google account is in France, and Freedompop hasn t validated the app for other countries.
    Shades of Big Brother

Nothing sinister : it makes sense for a company to allow download of their app(s) only in the territories they operate in.
    Billing cycle 7th