Number Unknown

Chas Charles-DunneChas Charles-Dunne Posts: 9FreedomPop Newbie
I think I have a problem, or maybe not. I don't know.
There is still no coverage from 3 in my area and as I am in no great hurry and as I will be driving to a different area later today or tomorrow, that is not a problem.

The problem (or not) is that the phone does not recognise my phone number. It knows that there is a sim installed, but my number is "Number Unknown". The phone is a Samsung Galaxy S3. Surely the number is on the sim and regardless of coverage it should know who it is.

I really do not want a new sim as this number is easy to remember and bears a lot of relevence to me personally.
So - is the sim dead? Do I need a new one?
HEEEEEEELP!!
Please.

Comments

• Chas Charles-DunneChas Charles-Dunne Posts: 9FreedomPop Newbie
    Well, what a thing! I had to go to the nearest town and while there, popped into a local phone/case/accessories type store. The vendor had always been helpful in the past.

I told him my story and showed him my phone. He powers it up - and everything works perfectly! I am stood there smiling and looking like a fool. I thank him and leave him shaking his head.

I drive home and obviously have fallen off the end of the world again, into the black hole of "long-term outage in this area". 3 tell me that they are very sorry and that such things never happen to their network.

Oh, well. I will just have to wait for this thing that never happens to stop happening!