FreedomPop UK FAQ

FreedomPopFreedomPop Posts: 194 admin
edited March 2017 in Latest Updates and News #1
Questions or concerns? Read below to see if we’ve already answered your question. To return to the offer, get started and sign up for a free SIM & service trial here!

Q: How do you provide service for free? What’s the catch?
A: No catch! We work hard to drive down the cost of mobile phone service through a partnership with Three Mobile, utilization of VOIP (voice over IP), and data compression technology.

Q: What are the benefits in adding Premium Voice to my plan?
A: Premium Voice is set to work seamlessly by automatically identifying when you are in a low signal area. You will be prompted if you wish to switch to premium voice calling. The service is free for those who are under a paid subscription plan, however this service ca be added to an all free account for just $1.99/month.

Q: What network do you use?
A: We’ve partnered up with Three’s data network to provide our services.

Q: Can you tell me more about coverage areas?
A: You can check your coverage through our UK Coverage Map.

Q: What plans are available?
A: Plans start at £0.00/mo and are outlined in the table below.

Q: Are there any fees to change plans or cancel?
A: There are ZERO cancellation fees. You can easily manage your account’s Plans and Services by selecting Plans or Services under My Account.

Q: If it’s free, why do you need my credit card or bank information?
A: A valid payment method is required to process your initial order and remains on the account for your convenience to ensure quick processing if you decide to upgrade your plans and services. Depending on your account settings, this may also be used to cover additional data, ensuring you are not left without service.

Q: I’m having trouble checking my address for availability. What should I do?
A: If you’re unable to check your coverage through our UK Coverage Map, please contact us at 02038189419.

Q: Do your services work internationally?
A: Yes! We offer a variety of plans supporting international calling to select countries all over the world. You can learn more about our international calling options.

Q: If I’m connected to WiFi, does internet usage and calling count against my minutes and data?
A: Connecting to WiFi is a great way to get more out of our service! We encourage a WiFi connection whenever available as it can improve signal strength and will not count internet usage against your monthly data allotment. However, minutes/texts will still be counted when on a phone-call.

Q: How do I sign up?
A: To get started, simply click the offer of your choice or check out our featured offer!

Ready to break free from expensive mobile-phone service? Set your plan into action by taking advantage of our latest offer here - Get a free SIM card & free service trial.

Post edited by Jorge on
Tagged:

Comments

• derekoakderekoak Posts: 2FreedomPop Newbie
    iassume the free minutes include geographic landline and mobile calls, do your 200 free minutes include calls to 0800 0845 etc? Any other british numbers included?
  • hoppy1459hoppy1459 Posts: 2FreedomPop Newbie
    I like a SIM card for my iPhone 5 where do I phill in my address please
  • hoppy1459hoppy1459 Posts: 2FreedomPop Newbie
    :/
  • 1stJohn Arkley1stJohn Arkley Posts: 392FreedomPop Newbie ✭✭✭
    hoppy1459 said:

:/

Well you made it here so I don't know how you missed www.freedompop.com
    Billing cycle starts ~ 1st of month
  • john54john54 Posts: 4FreedomPop Newbie
    This works well on my '3g Chromebook' too, especially when I was in Hospital last month away from home using the USB VOIP phone. What a life line. It's amazing how 3-hours go when your stuck in bed.
    By far the greatest service I've ever come across, and I like it. :)
  • robinhoodrobinhood Posts: 1FreedomPop Newbie
    Can we block extra spending on the account? How much are the data charges over the 200mb?
  • andrewweandrewwe Posts: 1FreedomPop Newbie
    I ordered my sims on 15th April and still have not received them. I made sure that I went down to the basic 200 monthly subscription before the premium 500 subscription kicked in after a month, as the sim becomes active as soon as you order one.
  • KkatsKkats Posts: 3FreedomPop Newbie
    I have been using the 1Gb free offer and have used 300mb. I have 11 days to go . If I downgrade to free will I have to pay the difference between 200mb on free & the 300mb used.?
  • johnisrealmanjohnisrealman Posts: 25FreedomPop Newbie
    I thought it uses 4g? I've set it to receive 4g through the settings, but only gets hspa+. Can someone shed some light on this please, new user.
  • Mattie MarkerMattie Marker Posts: 158FreedomPop Newbie, UK Pro ✭✭✭

I thought it uses 4g? I've set it to receive 4g through the settings, but only gets hspa+. Can someone shed some light on this please, new user.

You can force it to use 4G if there is coverage from Three.
    http://www.three.co.uk/Discover/network/4G-Supervoice This is supervoice which might be buggy on some 4G phones, my ulefone Paris can work with it sometimes
  • dylanr7dylanr7 Posts: 43FreedomPop Newbie

You can force it to use 4G if there is coverage from Three.
    http://www.three.co.uk/Discover/network/4G-Supervoice This is supervoice which might be buggy on some 4G phones, my ulefone Paris can work with it sometimes
    You can't get access to 4G Super Voice without buying a phone through 3, using Three In Touch or owning an iPhone with a 3 SIM card.
  • Michael NashMichael Nash Posts: 1FreedomPop Newbie
    Can I use a FreedomPop number while roaming abroad?
  • amackayjamackayj Posts: 2FreedomPop Newbie

Can I use a FreedomPop number while roaming abroad?

I would like to know the answer to this too.
  • Richard WilkinsonRichard Wilkinson Posts: 1FreedomPop Newbie
    Do you have to use the FreedomPop App for making and recieving voice calls and/or texts or can you just carry on using your existing App and still get free calls and texts?
  • andyfzrandyfzr Posts: 7FreedomPop Newbie
    I signed up for this about 3 months ago and after sifting though all the dodgy settings to make sure they couldn't charge me for anything, its just never worked right. i only used it around six times when i got it and it never worked very well but even with no use it eats all my data in the first 2 weeks to try and make me auto top up(default setting) to try and take money from me. So somehow the phone uses all the data if anyone else notices this and if there is a setting to adjust this.
  • Jonathan J.Jonathan J. Posts: 465 admin
    andyfzr said:

I signed up for this about 3 months ago and after sifting though all the dodgy settings to make sure they couldn't charge me for anything, its just never worked right. i only used it around six times when i got it and it never worked very well but even with no use it eats all my data in the first 2 weeks to try and make me auto top up(default setting) to try and take money from me. So somehow the phone uses all the data if anyone else notices this and if there is a setting to adjust this.

Hello,

I'm sorry to know you haven't been able to enjoy FreedomPop to it's full potential.

However, regarding the data usage, could you please attempt to uninstall and reinstall the messaging app and provide an update on whether this helped resolve the issue.

Also, please check to see if there are any ongoing browsers or anything you might be logged on to that could be draining the data usage.

You are also more than welcome to send me a Private Message and I will gladly assist you.

-Jonathan J.
  • amandawallettamandawallett Posts: 1FreedomPop Newbie
    We are in Spain at the moment and my phone does not work with my freedom pop sim in. I have the premium service, how do I get it to work?
  • Nicole PuahNicole Puah Posts: 1FreedomPop Newbie
    my phone shown no service for several months, i can only use on wifi even though it's active on my account.
  • Richard PowellRichard Powell Posts: 1FreedomPop Newbie
    Can you tell me if the freedompop plan work whilst roaming (europe) please?