Couple of weeks now and cannot make calls or texts unless on WIFI

Chris DevonshireChris Devonshire Posts: 9FreedomPop Newbie
Title just about says all..
I'm on the free plan to test it out .. and out of my 200 mins 200 texts and 2.2gb data .. i've made 4 test texts to the wife whilst at home via the home Wifi.
otherwise nothing , no calls nor data used , everytime I try to do anything away from home I get some report of no coverage, or no connection .
The last report was that I had used up all my alloted PV minutes for this period ?? .. I have no PV service setup ? what to Do !! other than give up .
I 'm not a high user but do need to make the odd call .

Comments

• Fabrizio MartellucciFabrizio Martellucci Posts: 657FreedomPop Newbie, UK Pro ✭✭✭✭
    Just to rule that out. When you're away from a WiFi spot you're enabling mobile data on your phone, right ?
    Billing cycle 7th
  • Chris DevonshireChris Devonshire Posts: 9FreedomPop Newbie
    Yes all enabled. just sitting here now, data on, wifi off , dial and get report .. mobile network not availabe.
    yes mobile data is on , just getting "mobile network not available" at the moment
  • marcoscumarcoscu Posts: 2FreedomPop Newbie
    I getting similar problems, sometimes it works fine, then I get a message saying I am over my call limit (or something similar) even though I have only made one or two calls...
  • Fabrizio MartellucciFabrizio Martellucci Posts: 657FreedomPop Newbie, UK Pro ✭✭✭✭

yes mobile data is on , just getting "mobile network not available" at the moment

I would raise a ticket with support to see if it could be an activation issue on their side.
    Billing cycle 7th
    errmm sounding dumbo.. how do I raise a support ticket.. been searching unsucessfully so far, ;-)

errmm sounding dumbo.. how do I raise a support ticket.. been searching unsucessfully so far, ;-)

http://uk.freedompop.com/contact.htm
    Billing cycle 7th
    Done it now , and just had a reply from Customer service, but it does seem that despite the coverage map showing we are in a suitable area, the opposite seem to be more accurate. 3 is just non existant here.
    So looks like Freedom Pop is a non starter

Done it now , and just had a reply from Customer service, but it does seem that despite the coverage map showing we are in a suitable area, the opposite seem to be more accurate. 3 is just non existant here.
    So looks like Freedom Pop is a non starter

Shame, sorry about that, I read your other post and you seem to be in a no Three signal area :(
    Billing cycle 7th
    Seems home DT9, Work BA12, and My dads home BA9 & yeovil BA22 are all in a no go area , despite what the coverage map says Doh!!!
    Gone back to Giff gaff until freedomPop sorts themselves, the service and their map out .