Cannot use non FP sim in dual sim phone

I have a dual-sim phone and FP works fine after installing the voice and messaging app, however i cannot make phone calls with the other sim now. I have tried to disable the FP sim in the settings so that only the other one is available but i still can't make phone calls. Is there any workaround for it?

Comments

• 1stJohn Arkley1stJohn Arkley Posts: 392FreedomPop Newbie ✭✭✭
    edited January 2016 #2
    Don't set the freedompop app as your default messaging app.
    Billing cycle starts ~ 1st of month
  • Davey (3rd)Davey (3rd) Posts: 132FreedomPop Newbie
    I think its the FP messaging app thats causing your problem, try disabling or force close the app in settings and see if you can use the other sim
  • Fabrizio MartellucciFabrizio Martellucci Posts: 657FreedomPop Newbie, UK Pro ✭✭✭✭
    Ciao Vittorio there are a few threads about this where people are having the same issues. It seems that it depends on the phone make and type of android installed ( make own UI as opposed to pure android such as Motorola's phones ). As Davey mentioned already the inelegant way of being able to text or make outgoing calls with Sim slot 2 is to stop the app manually. Some have uninstalled the app and are using the sim as data only which is another option.
    Billing cycle 7th
  • Davey (3rd)Davey (3rd) Posts: 132FreedomPop Newbie
    I have a similar problem on one of my phones, it receives calls ok on sim 2, but the messaging app seems to hijack the connection for calling out , so I just downloaded a disable app from the playstore, which comes with a widget, and you can set it to disable/enable any app with one click, but your phone does need to be rooted
  • woodyukwoodyuk Posts: 37FreedomPop Newbie
    We have 2 dual sim phones in the family and one of them for some reason has the same problem as yours,the FP app hijacks the outgoing call settings so you can only call out from your FP sim although you can text from either sim and receive calls on both with no problems.

The workaround which solved the problem for us was if you want to dial out on your non FP sim,go to settings - apps,select the messaging app and force close it,you'll then be able to dial out on the second sim.

Once you've finished the call just open the FP messaging app and it will start running again.
  • Vittorio Badini ConfalonieriVittorio Badini Confalonieri Posts: 2FreedomPop Newbie
    Thanks for the help. If i uninstall the messaging app then i can use the second sim. Setting the default Messaging app doesn't solve the problem for me as well as force stopping FP messaging app. It would be nice if a feature would be implemented in future version for dual sim support. I'll try your suggestion Davey, it sounds an easy one
  • Adili MuguroAdili Muguro Posts: 1FreedomPop Newbie
    Have you tried to Force Stop the Messaging app from the Apps list? This should allow access to Sim outgoing calls until it restarts.