Cannot make or receive any calls, since last app update.

yodaofborgyodaofborg Posts: 20FreedomPop Newbie
Have submitted a support request, but have noticed that people tend to get quicker results after a forum post so here goes :)

Cannot make or receive calls since the latest update of the Freedompop messaging app. Have tried to re-sync account data, re-installing the app, reboting my phone and all the usual things, I simply cannot make a call. My account is in good standing, all billing info up to date, my account shows that I have both minutes and data remaining, have tried on both WiFi and mobile networks.

So anyway, it is the phone number that ends 919, can someone have a look at this for me? @Jorge M.

Comments

• Jorge Jorge Posts: 3,375 admin
    @yodaofborg I took a look into your account and all looks to be in good standing. It does sound like it could be an outage in your area, please take a look here for further information: https://forums.freedompop.com/discussion/13068/network-status-update-12-16-15#latest
  • Fabrizio MartellucciFabrizio Martellucci Posts: 657FreedomPop Newbie, UK Pro ✭✭✭✭
    Jorge M. said:

@yodaofborg I took a look into your account and all looks to be in good standing. It does sound like it could be an outage in your area, please take a look here for further information: https://forums.freedompop.com/discussion/13068/network-status-update-12-16-15#latest

Sorry Jorge, not trying to be the devil's advocate but the OP is having the same issues with WiFi ...
    Billing cycle 7th
  • yodaofborgyodaofborg Posts: 20FreedomPop Newbie
    Yes, I checked the coverage map, but the strange thing is I can use mobile data, which seems to be the complaint from other 3 users. At least my viber contacts can keep in touch. :D Will update this thread if I do get a resolution.
  • Chris DevonshireChris Devonshire Posts: 9FreedomPop Newbie
    I managed to make 1 call to home from work ( wiltshire) on monday last using data, but nothing from Home ( somerset) to anywhere and since then nothing anywhere again , I just now get the mobile phone saying "calling" but no sounds, no ringing nothing.. if I call my number I just get the ringing tone but it never gets through to the mobile. data is working as odds apps are now nuibbling away at my allowance.
    Just this moment made a call from home phone to myself using Wifi, but with data Nothing. just "calling"
    the phone shows there to be no data Connection here . post code DT9 5--
  • yodaofborgyodaofborg Posts: 20FreedomPop Newbie
    Well, there was another update on the play store this morning, and so far everything is working again. I guess there was a problem with the last app version/my device? I do have to say however that the email support response I received was practically none existent. I finally got an email back yesterday asking me questions that I had already answered in my initial support request, and then I noticed the ticket had been marked as "solved".

Anyway, I seem to be back up and running again.

Cheers.