Windows Phone Support

tonyjustmetonyjustme Posts: 4FreedomPop Newbie
Hi guys.

I bought a Freedompop SIM card not knowing that Freedompop didn't support Windows Phones.

However, upon actually putting it into the phone, I realized that I can actually make crystal clear phone calls straight from the phone dialer (no freedompop app needed) and that internet worked perfectly.

I have an old Lumia 520 running the latest Windows 10 Mobile preview.

I can also dial the voicemail number but I don't know what my pin is yet, I'm yet to find that out from customer services on Monday.

However, what is completely odd is that I can't receive calls even though I can place calls just fine.

Now I know that Freedompop doesn't support Windows Phones, so don't give me all of that, but I'm just wanting to get more information on this because if I can't make calls just fine and the online minutes even load up in my online account, why can't I also receive calls?

Of course, sending and receiving text messages doesn't work, but that I understand, although still, I do wonder what the Freedompop message center number is, is it the same as Three's network?

In any case, it's a shame that they always need all of those stupid apps, who wants to make phone calls through some app that is different from their phone's own dialer.

But hey, at least I can place calls and get online which is absolutely great!

Comments

• SolomonSolomon Posts: 207FreedomPop Newbie
    I guess that your calls are going out via the premium voice, which is freee the first month, but is a pay option afterwards unless you downgrade your plan.
    I'd be inclined to ditch the voip and just use the free data and use a normal phone provider for calls. The easiest way (I don' t think your phone is dual sim) would be to put the sim into a mifi box, or use a cheap and nasty second hand android in hotspot mode.
  • tonyjustmetonyjustme Posts: 4FreedomPop Newbie
    Naah, I still want the VOIP stuff. Yes, I do have the premium voice option enabled. I hope to get VOIP working within a month, I just need to get my username and password from a rooted Android device or such.

You'd think they'd just give it to you these guys, when you purchase a service that is.
  • tonyjustmetonyjustme Posts: 4FreedomPop Newbie
    Naah, I still want it to work. You'd think they'd give you these details when you buy these things.
  • Fabrizio MartellucciFabrizio Martellucci Posts: 657FreedomPop Newbie, UK Pro ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2016 #5
    Premium voice which uses the voice signal on the sim is only for outgoing calls.
    Billing cycle 7th
  • gnfgnf Posts: 64FreedomPop Newbie
    Since the FP android app is a straight port of the open source Linphone app, and the developers now appear to do a Windows version of Linphone, it might be quite a simple port for you.