Account suspended on £0 Plan

freedompopukfreedompopuk Posts: 5FreedomPop Newbie
My sim has been suspended because of a billing error!
I shouldnt need to update my bank details and have my sim suspended

Comments

• salvadorfreemansonsalvadorfreemanson Posts: 64FreedomPop Newbie ✭✭✭
    Happened to me too. Must be pretty common.
    Looks like this outfit is very amateurish.
  • ritsonritson Posts: 172FreedomPop Newbie ✭✭✭
    i usally have to put my debit card details back in every month
    but theres other threads about using a credit card instead & if you have not got one using a prepayed card
    jason ritson 1st
    andrea ritson 6th
    adam ritson 12th
  • salvadorfreemansonsalvadorfreemanson Posts: 64FreedomPop Newbie ✭✭✭
    But why should you put your card details in if you are on a 0.00 plan ?
  • jimindenverjimindenver Posts: 149FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Expert ✭✭✭
    Because you need a active way to pay if you go over your limits.
  • SolomonSolomon Posts: 208FreedomPop Newbie
    But the account gets suspended when you reach within 25 MB of your data limit, and there is a similar limit on the text and voice. So you can't go over the limit.
  • freedompopukfreedompopuk Posts: 5FreedomPop Newbie
    havent reached the limits of my account at all (because it never works) now i've been suspended
  • Rajkumar SethurajanRajkumar Sethurajan Posts: 1FreedomPop Newbie
    +1 looks like a system wide issue
  • dunholmedunholme Posts: 3FreedomPop Newbie
    Using the free plan for several months I have invariably found that a day either side of the rollover date my account says it’s not active, even though I have lots of minutes/data/texts left. I assume their system is removing my credit - not updating my account information with that fact - and then applies my new free credit, and updates my account, at a later time. Whilst it is doing all this your account becomes “Not Active because of a billing issue”. This could either be a fault with or a design feature of their “beta” system – but it is becoming very annoying!
    An update to my previous comment. Another rollover, another 48 hour service outage. With 24 hours (or so) before my rollover date I couldn’t connect to Freedompop. After the first 24 hours my phone was connecting to my Freedompop account but I couldn’t send any texts, although I could use data. A further 12 hours later my phone was allowing me to type texts but was altering the senders number by adding “+1 “ to it and wasn’t sending them. This problem cleared up after another 12 hours and I could send texts again.
    Another rollover, another outage. However this time for only about 6-8 hours.